Possible copyright infringement...

Lucan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Possible copyright infringement...

Post by Lucan »

So, I was mucking about on YouTube, and I came upon this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7F7-3E90PU

It uses a lot of music by Tangerine Dream (its only mitigating factor), so I would like to bring it to the attention of the relevant...uhh...I guess "authorities" would be the right word, because I don't know whether the people who made this video obtained the permission of TD for the use of their music.

So, anyway, while I hate to be a nark, how does one go about narking?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

outrageous, the use of TD music without permission....using TD music to underpin the creationist world view is terrible..... :evil:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

Indeed, I find it rather filthy myself. Pushing pseudoscientific twaddle is pretty offensive in itself, but using great music to do it is plain revolting.

I know how jealously TD will guard their intellectual property when they want to. There was a soft drink company here a decade or so back that had a flavour called Tangerine Dream. Knowing that the name was a world wide registered trademark, I called their toll free number to suggest they might want to consider renaming it. (I quite liked the drink, so I didn't really want to see them getting sued out of existence.) The drinks haven't been on the market here in a long time, but a quick google search tells me that the flavour in question is now called Tangerine Wavelength. I doubt that I personally had anything to do with this, but I wouldn't be surprised if legal action by TD did.

I'm also very impressed by what they DON'T do. The Tangerine Tree project, for example. Total respect to Edgar Froese & Co for allowing that to happen. The London 1975 show, and the Reims 1974 one I never would have heard if they'd shut the project down, and they both have some truly amazing music!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

agreed

in this case I think TD's lawyers may well have something to say on the matter.....(unless of course the video producers have paid royalties....in which case :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )

creationism winds me up so much that I actually get all serious and non BM :arrow:
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

creationism winds me up so much that I actually get all serious and non BM
I'm exactly the same. I didn't care until the last few years, when discovered the likes of Carl Sagan, Richard Dawkins et al, and it became painfully apparent that creationist arguments against evolution rely on misunderstanding and misrepresentation of the theory, and in many cases outright lies. Which is why I'm hoping that in this case correct procedure was not followed. I'd like to see these tossers go down. Even if it does make me feel rather like a schoolboy running to the teacher.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

there is only one uncertainty, that at some point in linear space time, all was created at T=0, and that the music of tangerine dream helps me understand the strangeness of the event 13 odd billion years before this moment.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:there is only one uncertainty, that at some point in linear space time, all was created at T=0, and that the music of tangerine dream helps me understand the strangeness of the event 13 odd billion years before this moment.
Very otherworldly BM :arrow: :wink: :lol:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bigmoog wrote:there is only one uncertainty, that at some point in linear space time, all was created at T=0, and that the music of tangerine dream helps me understand the strangeness of the event 13 odd billion years before this moment.
Have I been drinking? :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

i have :P :P 8)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I don't think Edgar is pro creationism, so this bs, is not flattering in any way. I don't like any of the fan made TD-videos - only handheld audience recordings.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bigmoog wrote:i have :P :P 8)
I remember now, I just wish I had! :wink: :( :? :arrow:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
JD

Post by JD »

bigmoog wrote:outrageous, the use of TD music without permission....using TD music to underpin the creationist world view is terrible..... :evil:
How do we know they didnt get permission ? I think its a grey area really because you need permission for things that will be broadcast or sold to the public, or that will be viewed by a paying audience, but in this case it could just be a college project uploaded to the internet to be viewed for free by anybody . I bet TDs laywers wouldnt give it a second thought , especially as they probably dont own a lot of the rights anyway.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

How do we know they didnt get permission ?
We don't. I said at the end of my post that I don't know whether they went through the proper channels.
JD

Post by JD »

Lucan wrote:
How do we know they didnt get permission ?
We don't. I said at the end of my post that I don't know whether they went through the proper channels.
I was answering BMs post when he said "outrageous, the use of TD music without permission" ;)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I think one of the reasons the trees were acceptable was nobody was making any major profit out of it.
Plus it was a way for Td to get their gig music out to their fans without all the legal wrangles fair play to them some fantastic stuff in those Trees that wouldn't have seen light of day
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache