Phaedra 35th anniversary dvd question

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by alipaul »

Hobo wrote:
MRBLUE wrote:My point is thus - If you went to the local Music store and bought the No.1 DVD on sale at that time - took it home, lobbed it in the old player and........hang on.............wtf?................this is.......omg............the worst ever quality!!............huh.................why??..............it's a No1 CD!

I do agree with the 'if you don't like it don't buy it'............but hey, there is a limit!!!!!..........all totally IMHO of course! :-)
I get your point, but this came perilously close to not being released at all. I'm glad a way was found to finally get this DVD to the fans and it's still a wonderful memento for those that were there.
Or not in my case crashed the car on the way down !!!!
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
MRBLUE

Post by MRBLUE »

Hobo wrote:
MRBLUE wrote:My point is thus - If you went to the local Music store and bought the No.1 DVD on sale at that time - took it home, lobbed it in the old player and........hang on.............wtf?................this is.......omg............the worst ever quality!!............huh.................why??..............it's a No1 CD!

I do agree with the 'if you don't like it don't buy it'............but hey, there is a limit!!!!!..........all totally IMHO of course! :-)
I get your point, but this came perilously close to not being released at all. I'm glad a way was found to finally get this DVD to the fans and it's still a wonderful memento for those that were there.
Would have been nice to have footnote on the cover, something like................P.S. Concert cool, sound quality is a bit pants! :lol:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I have a question on this dvd. When it was announced over a year ago, we were told it included a bonus interview, which explained Edgar's reasons for re-recording Phaedra... It doesn't - why?.

Maybe because there is nothing to explain. :!:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:I have a question on this dvd. When it was announced over a year ago, we were told it included a bonus interview, which explained Edgar's reasons for re-recording Phaedra... It doesn't - why?.

Maybe we will get it on a future DVD :idea: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Pertou wrote:I have a question on this dvd. When it was announced over a year ago, we were told it included a bonus interview, which explained Edgar's reasons for re-recording Phaedra... It doesn't - why?.

I think a lot of things changed between the announcement and the eventual release.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

I've just been watching the DVD this morning and seen this thread for the first time which has answered a lot of things that had puzzled me about this release, like why does the sound take an almighty dip in quality round about Chronozon, why does Rubycon sound exactly like the original CD with a few extra crashes here and there and why is there virtually no synchronisation between what the band are playing and the music (including the drummer)?

So accepting all the above, there's still some mighty fine music on there and a nice reminder of the gig - as has been said above, I'd much rather have it than not.

Just ordered Tenpodrome, so expecting more from that now!
24db

Post by 24db »

Six By Nine wrote:I've just been watching the DVD this morning and seen this thread for the first time which has answered a lot of things that had puzzled me about this release, like why does the sound take an almighty dip in quality round about Chronozon, why does Rubycon sound exactly like the original CD with a few extra crashes here and there and why is there virtually no synchronisation between what the band are playing and the music (including the drummer)?

So accepting all the above, there's still some mighty fine music on there and a nice reminder of the gig - as has been said above, I'd much rather have it than not.

Just ordered Tenpodrome, so expecting more from that now!
I think you'll be more than impressed with that disc

some raw screen grabs from the DVD:

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/se ... Rehearsal+
tangmaster

Re: Phaedra 35th anniversary dvd question

Post by tangmaster »

EricDraven wrote:I don't know if this has been addressed elsewhere but, does anyone know what the 5 small pulsating squares at the top of the picture just below the black bar are? Most annoying! This is on the limited 2dvd version [which I thought was supposed to be numbered, as mine wasn't]:x Are all of them this way?
I've got them also but don't look at it. Mine is also not numbered, but is that important, and by the way there are only 400 copies of this 2 DVD set.
The way a world of dreams is going on!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

tangmaster wrote:
EricDraven wrote:I don't know if this has been addressed elsewhere but, does anyone know what the 5 small pulsating squares at the top of the picture just below the black bar are? Most annoying! This is on the limited 2dvd version [which I thought was supposed to be numbered, as mine wasn't]:x Are all of them this way?
I've got them also but don't look at it. Mine is also not numbered, but is that important, and by the way there are only 400 copies of this 2 DVD set.

750 signed copies :arrow:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:
tangmaster wrote:

750 signed copies :arrow:
Weird... my dvd (which is 084) says "Limited Edition 1000 units", but maybe the last 250 copies are unsigned, I don't know???
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The original link to the DVDs which i have sadly lost stated 750 signed copies :wink: :arrow:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:The original link to the DVDs which i have sadly lost stated 750 signed copies :wink: :arrow:
Must be this link:
http://www.tangerinedreamdvd.com/
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:The original link to the DVDs which i have sadly lost stated 750 signed copies :wink: :arrow:
Must be this link:
http://www.tangerinedreamdvd.com/

Thanks for that Jacob,i was starting to think i may have been wrong :wink:
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Hi,

I haven't been on the TD forums for a number of years now, infact it was the old version of the web site that i used to visit, although i still recognise a few of the names in the forums.

I've been looking at getting hold of the SBE 2 DVD set and noticed that the version that Groove have seems to be in NTSC format.

Not being particularly technical I was wondering would anyone be kind enough to advise if this would play ok on a standard UK TV/DVD set up??

Cheers
Graham
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Schulze wrote:Hi,

I haven't been on the TD forums for a number of years now, infact it was the old version of the web site that i used to visit, although i still recognise a few of the names in the forums.

I've been looking at getting hold of the SBE 2 DVD set and noticed that the version that Groove have seems to be in NTSC format.

Not being particularly technical I was wondering would anyone be kind enough to advise if this would play ok on a standard UK TV/DVD set up??

Cheers
Graham
Welcome back Schulze............great to see you here :D :wink: