NEW SOLO ALBUM FROM EDGAR FROESE: Mar2007 ?????

Froesesque
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

NEW SOLO ALBUM FROM EDGAR FROESE: Mar2007 ?????

Post by Froesesque »

I'm probably being a bit naughty mentioning this on this website before his management have had chance to do so but I've just had an email from Groove (I'm on their mailing list) and they say that there is a possibility that a new solo album from Edgar Froese called 'View from a red train' will be released in March.

Looks like 2007 will be a great year!!!
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Looking forward to this one. I hope its as good as Dalinetopia.
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

Yeah its on the card with the package dvd's.

Agree its the most productive time in many years. A lot of stuff to be aquired - maybe some not for everyone but thats the thing about this band it caters for most TD taste - keeps you listening - but a great time to be a TD fan nonetheless and am looking forward to seeing what the follow up to the excellent Dalinetopia will be like.
David Fox
Rico

Post by Rico »

yes, if it's studio new material and at least Dalinetopia "tag" fashioned, then I expect it. :)
batman

Post by batman »

I wait this release
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Judging from the cover (if the picture on the post card/flyer is the cover) View from a Red Train will be another result of Edgar's obsession with Salvador Dalí, so it might be in the vein of Dalinetopia.
I've never really understood what TD's and Edgar's music has got to do with Salvador Dalí, though. In my opinion the only Daliesque releases were Electronic Meditation and, to a certain degree, Alpha Centauri.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Mephistopheles wrote:Judging from the cover (if the picture on the post card/flyer is the cover) View from a Red Train will be another result of Edgar's obsession with Salvador Dalí, so it might be in the vein of Dalinetopia.
I've never really understood what TD's and Edgar's music has got to do with Salvador Dalí, though. In my opinion the only Daliesque releases were Electronic Meditation and, to a certain degree, Alpha Centauri.
Don't forget that most of us only know Dali through his art. Edgar will have more insight into the personal side of Salvador Dali's life.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

That's a good point. :wink:
But for me, the music of Edgar Froese and his troupe of minstrels is much more similar to the work of non-representational artists such as Wassily Kandinsky rather than surrealism. And sometimes, with the more nature-themed music like Underwater Sunlight, it's more like the musical parallell of romantic artists such as Caspar David Friedrich. But with art being such a personal experience, I suppose there's no right or wrong answer to this. As some may have noticed I am a big fan of the symbolist and expressionist Edvard Munch, and I find that quite a few of Edgar's and TD's pieces fit Munch's art, while many others would strongly disagree. My point is just that I would never introduce someone to Edgar's music by comparing it to Salvador Dalí's art and/or life.

But if Edgar draws inspiration from Dalí, I'm not going to stop him.
All I demand is the most beautiful music in the world (and that's what I get :D ).
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

That's certainly good news :D :D , but I just wonder how he get's the TIME to do all his work :?: :?:
Anyway, 2007 looks like it could become one of the best years for TD fans in a long time...
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

Mephistopheles wrote:Judging from the cover (if the picture on the post card/flyer is the cover) View from a Red Train will be another result of Edgar's obsession with Salvador Dalí, so it might be in the vein of Dalinetopia.
Dali didn't start in the TD period, he met that genius of art in the Ones period, and that's before TD.
The way a world of dreams is going on!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Mephistopheles wrote:That's a good point. :wink:
But for me, the music of Edgar Froese and his troupe of minstrels is much more similar to the work of non-representational artists such as Wassily Kandinsky rather than surrealism. And sometimes, with the more nature-themed music like Underwater Sunlight, it's more like the musical parallell of romantic artists such as Caspar David Friedrich. But with art being such a personal experience, I suppose there's no right or wrong answer to this. As some may have noticed I am a big fan of the symbolist and expressionist Edvard Munch, and I find that quite a few of Edgar's and TD's pieces fit Munch's art, while many others would strongly disagree. My point is just that I would never introduce someone to Edgar's music by comparing it to Salvador Dalí's art and/or life.

But if Edgar draws inspiration from Dalí, I'm not going to stop him.
All I demand is the most beautiful music in the world (and that's what I get :D ).
I understand your point of view. It just goes to show, that all the "Arts" are truly subjective.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

bergen-dreamer wrote:That's certainly good news :D :D , but I just wonder how he get's the TIME to do all his work :?: :?:
Anyway, 2007 looks like it could become one of the best years for TD fans in a long time...
I'm sure that I read in the 'Beyond the Storm' booklet that he has around 50 hours of un-released solo material knocking around so he may not of spent much time putting 'Red train' together, perhaps he just 'complied' it!!
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Interesting to note also is that on the Eastgate postcard it says "Views from a red train - New Solo Project by Edgar Froese coming in March 2007!!". It doesn't say it's an album. So it could be a music + video project.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Edgar has a very structured work pace this was mentioned before in an interview Edgar .Edgar loves what he does & he does it well In fact I would say its not work to him as such but a passion to get his message across in musical terms. this new project will be another great addition .....

:D 8) :arrow: :!: Geoff
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

my opinion:

Edgar met dali, the ones played at Dali's home.....Edgar is an artist.....

now I remember a quotation from EF that stated that he (and TD) were attempting to do in music what Avida Dollars did in art....I always took this to mean the realisation of our subconscious dreams and nightmares made tangible through media...be it music, art or cookery.....

for me surrealism is manifested through TD and EFs music, more so the further back you travel..The music of the pink and virgin years can indeed be listened to as 'surrealist'...as the soundscapes, artwork and intent all eminate dreams and unreality.

If I wanted to give an example of TD's surrealism, I need only point to ZEIT or Rubycon or Metaphor or, or........as these are at the edge of the absurd or at the centre of surrealist mind melting music, created by a true artistic genius.

I as BM enjoy surrealism, absurdist art, DADA and the paintings of Louis Wain

BM leaves this forum for 1 hour to consider the transient nature of ART and TIME and breakfast. :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....