Virgin years Reissues

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:There is a call for Baumann remasters BIG TIME imho :arrow:
Indeed, I have to deal with my 'vinyla transfers' I love PB's solo stuff, even his two last ones and The Blue Room Project
sparrow wrote:If Virgin released them all with good bonus tracks and an accompanying DVD with each album all signed by the lineup of each album I would maybe be tempted.
I like the U-mix software as well. On Mike Oldfield's rather poor album, Light And Shade, you can make your own mixes of four tracks, and for examle only listen to guitar, bass guitar, drums and piano (or less), and set the volume for each track, individually, even turn the volume up and down.

Imagine a cd-rom with u-mix added to the cd and dvd, and do your own mixes of Rubycon or Stratosfear...wow!
I know it will reveal a lot of secrets, but it will certainly give fans a much better understanding of the music, especially if each track (if possible, was Rubycon recorded on 16 tracks or less?) was credited to the actual performer.
I would love it, some would think it's like watching a behind the movie documentary, or a magician revealing his most fantastic act...
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

It was common practice in the seventies to re-use multi track master tapes once the master mix was done, which could explain why nothing's been forthcoming from these years - there could be other reasons though..........

The Steve Hillage re-issues have used a lot of private copy tapes for the bonus tracks as the original donor tapes have long gone..

Perhaps Virgin are still being difficult (are they going to "own" TD's tapes for ever?) - reading between the lines the Tangents set helped pay for the SBM remasterings of the Virgin releases.
24db

Post by 24db »

If 'Virgin' thought there was a buck to make out of these re-issues they'd have released them by now IMHO, our only hope is that some smaller label might buy the rights and then release them with a view to making a small profit (A bit like Manikin's issue of Macula Transfer).
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:If 'Virgin' thought there was a buck to make out of these re-issues they'd have released them by now IMHO, our only hope is that some smaller label might buy the rights and then release them with a view to making a small profit (A bit like Manikin's issue of Macula Transfer).
Well ive got a Manikin copy of Macula,but the plug was pulled on this by EF i believe :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.