Force Majeure...still unstoppable

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:My second fave TD album of all time.

Awesome.

Some large native North American brown bears would tell you that it has some sort of dancing bunnies bit that marrs the whole album but I think that's rubbish. It's pure class from beginning to end.
The bunny part works for me too Chris. I've never understood what all the fuss was about there.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

TOTD and TOB------Sorry did not do it for me Goblins was a return to form and for me excellent follow up to Rockoon - which IMO the best 90's CD
David Fox
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

Ahhhhhh

Clicked in the wrong thread

Should be in TOB.................Sorry !!!!
David Fox
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Force Majuere is an album non TD fans semm to like a lot. I have a mate who hates everything else but loves this one :?
exit81

Post by exit81 »

I played 'FM' last week, after thinking it could well be TD's 'Dark Side Of The Moon'. It's always been an odd album for me, in terms of its sound and where it fits in with TD's ever-changing style in that period. Parts are like Cyclone without the lyrics, parts are as dark as Sorcerer, parts (like Thru Metamorphic Rocks) see TD experimenting with rhythms and sequencers like never before. I'd have loved to have seen them taking these ideas further before embarking on the cleaner-sounding (but equally as brilliant) Tangram.
24db

Post by 24db »

exit81 wrote:I played 'FM' last week, after thinking it could well be TD's 'Dark Side Of The Moon'. It's always been an odd album for me, in terms of its sound and where it fits in with TD's ever-changing style in that period. Parts are like Cyclone without the lyrics, parts are as dark as Sorcerer, parts (like Thru Metamorphic Rocks) see TD experimenting with rhythms and sequencers like never before. I'd have loved to have seen them taking these ideas further before embarking on the cleaner-sounding (but equally as brilliant) Tangram.
I've always seen it as TD's Art-Rock album mate. Overall I still think it's a brilliant album, showcasing what was for the time new and exciting effects like the Harmonizer (all over the title track). But...(for me) TMR is still too long
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:Force Majuere is an album non TD fans semm to like a lot. I have a mate who hates everything else but loves this one :?

I can vouch for that John...........a mate of mine Dean who is a big Rock fan loves the album and also Cyclone,but he finds the others to weird :shock: :roll:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote: But...(for me) TMR is still too long
I'm with you there Andy. I still love it, but there are points where I start wondering when the melody or interlude is going to kick in, and that distorted bass note that repeats with each sequence starts to eat into my psyche...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
I'm with you there Andy. I still love it, but there are points where I start wondering when the melody or interlude is going to kick in, and that distorted bass note that repeats with each sequence starts to eat into my psyche...
I agree mate, but it's not as if I don't like the piece, I just think the pacing is a tad long.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:
I agree mate, but it's not as if I don't like the piece, I just think the pacing is a tad long.
I guess there were rather a lot of those Metamorphic rocks to get through :wink:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
billythefish wrote: I'm with you there Andy. I still love it, but there are points where I start wondering when the melody or interlude is going to kick in, and that distorted bass note that repeats with each sequence starts to eat into my psyche...
I guess there were rather a lot of those Metamorphic rocks to get through :wink:
could have been worse...it might have been Magma :P
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I enjoy the nice textured cover on the original Vinyl release (clear vinyl) :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:I enjoy the nice textured cover on the original Vinyl release (clear vinyl) :D
very nice....although I like the rear cover most
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:I enjoy the nice textured cover on the original Vinyl release (clear vinyl) :D
I bought this from Hurley's an independent record store in the valleys when it came out,i was very chuffed with it and showed it off to everyone :roll: :oops: :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
very nice....although I like the rear cover most
Remind me not to bend down in Cardiff :arrow: