Tournado

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Tournado

Post by Pertou »

To me an exhilirating live album. Very fresh, and a good selection of tracks.. in fact the very best from the 90's. Essential!
24db

Post by 24db »

hmmm yeah not too bad, live it was even better (although still not the best gigs ever)....once again it's a shame that Emil got airbrushed out of a lot of these recordings
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

It's the only time I've had the chance to see TD on the 97 euro tour so along with Valentine Wheels it's special to me personally. Where on earth did the album Title Valentine Wheels come from???
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I Can’t Believe it.
It Been 10 Years Wow I Have the Voiceprint Label & The TDI Version.

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
epsilon75

Re: Tournado

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:To me an exhilirating live album. Very fresh, and a good selection of tracks.. in fact the very best from the 90's. Essential!
An excellent album IMHO as is Valentine Wheels from a great little tour 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Tournado and VW have some good tracks, but overall fairly forgettable IMO.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Valentines Wheels and Tournado are two great CDs that perfectly capture the Europen tour of 1997. Listen to them back-to-back and you'll get a fair idea what it was like to see TD that year.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:Valentines Wheels and Tournado are two great CDs that perfectly capture the Europen tour of 1997. Listen to them back-to-back and you'll get a fair idea what it was like to see TD that year.
Totally agree with you Chris.......... 8)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:Valentines Wheels and Tournado are two great CDs that perfectly capture the Europen tour of 1997. Listen to them back-to-back and you'll get a fair idea what it was like to see TD that year.
I've tried that Chris and only about 25% hits the spot.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
Yep. Once again it's the old story of horses for courses. I loved this tour but have to say that there was precious little new music to be heard. I prefer it when TD play stuff I've not heard before, I'm not so enamoured with Greatest Hits shows. However if I close my eyes whilst listening to these two I can remember the shows I saw on this tour.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Yep. Once again it's the old story of horses for courses. I loved this tour but have to say that there was precious little new music to be heard. I prefer it when TD play stuff I've not heard before, I'm not so enamoured with Greatest Hits shows. However if I close my eyes whilst listening to these two I can remember the shows I saw on this tour.
It always sounds better when you were there. To be honest, I wish I'd been at some of the 90's shows, as I'm sure this would give me a greater appreciation of the music.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Shame that Big City Dwarves and Red Roadster weren't performed for the first time, on this tour..... But loved to hear Flashflood, 220 volt (Big Volt Version) and Towards the evening star, in particular.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
redziller

Post by redziller »

Couple of he bridges are great too - could have grown into bigger things maybe
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

redziller wrote:Couple of he bridges are great too - could have grown into bigger things maybe
IMO, that can be said of a lot of TD albums and live performances as well. I really like the bridge sections and during gigs, I often wonder will they lead to a familiar classic, or a new gem!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

redziller wrote:Couple of he bridges are great too - could have grown into bigger things maybe
And of course we also had "Ambient Monkeys" as background music pre concert :arrow: