Springtime in Nagasaki

Lonely Cowboy
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Lonely Cowboy »

Pertou wrote:
Lonely Cowboy wrote:
tangmaster wrote:Well after some weeks i like this one more than at the first listening.
Springtime in Nagasaki is like a good wine - its rich bouquet evolves after a while...the compositions are complex and of sheer beauty, but you definitely need time and concentration to hear all the beauty sounds. This music (especially EFs Navel of Light) was not made for fast consumption...
Lonely Cowboy, you must agree with my review which I'll put on the site tonight! I like your avatar, btw...
Hi Pertou,

You said you like my avatar - but I'm sorry - I don't like yours at the moment. Where's your identity gone? You had a funny one before! I don't like the idea too much to promote only ONE member or guest member of the band by using it as an avatar. This pic is a pain in the neck - sorry Tohrsten - just my opinion and discredits a bit the other TD musicians. Maybe you didn't think about this fact.
Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience. OSCAR WILDE
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Lonely Cowboy wrote:
tangmaster wrote:Well after some weeks i like this one more than at the first listening.
Springtime in Nagasaki is like a good wine - its rich bouquet evolves after a while...the compositions are complex and of sheer beauty, but you definitely need time and concentration to hear all the beauty sounds. This music (especially EFs Navel of Light) was not made for fast consumption...
It's an interesting analogy. Unfortunately, I tend to gulp wine, so where does that leave me? :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Lonely Cowboy

Post by Lonely Cowboy »

Hobo wrote:
Lonely Cowboy wrote:
It's an interesting analogy. Unfortunately, I tend to gulp wine, so where does that leave me? :wink:
You're obviously a beer drinker and beer drinkers normally hear music with their beer belly - so your way of consuming music is more or less determined by the degree of efficiency..... regarding a wild belly dance!! :lol:
Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience. OSCAR WILDE
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Lonely Cowboy wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Lonely Cowboy wrote: Springtime in Nagasaki is like a good wine - its rich bouquet evolves after a while...the compositions are complex and of sheer beauty, but you definitely need time and concentration to hear all the beauty sounds. This music (especially EFs Navel of Light) was not made for fast consumption...
You're obviously a beer drinker and beer drinkers normally hear music with their beer belly - so your way of consuming music is more or less determined by the degree of efficiency..... regarding a wild belly dance!! :lol:
You've obviously seen the photos! :oops:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Remind me to put the speakers on my beer belly next time :)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Remind me to put the speakers on my beer belly next time :)
Don't go to all that trouble Colin, try my new, patented "Bellyphones" :!:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Last edited by Pertou on Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:
Lonely Cowboy wrote:Hi Pertou,

You said you like my avatar - but I'm sorry - I don't like yours at the moment. Where's your identity gone? You had a funny one before! I don't like the idea too much to promote only ONE member or guest member of the band by using it as an avatar. This pic is a pain in the neck - sorry Tohrsten - just my opinion and discredits a bit the other TD musicians. Maybe you didn't think about this fact.
I'll change it, but only if Thorsten tells me. :wink: :wink: I'm a great fan of his contributions in TD!!

Identity? TD is major part of my identity! Ha!
:shock: :shock: :shock: I thought it was a free world :arrow:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Last edited by Pertou on Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:shock: me agree with Colin

in that case BM will remove his identity as well.....maybe :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:Nothing wrong with Lonely Cowboy's opinion!
I didnt say that Jacob :? and you obviously dont mind :arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Pertou wrote:Nothing wrong with Lonely Cowboy's opinion!

Jacob, BM will now change his avatar every 24 earth hours :arrow: :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
har

Post by har »

I've had this album, Spring, for about two weeks now.

It is magnificent. Realise you guys have done this, but I just wanted to say I am so glad to have found all this new TD music and especially this album.

Initially I preferred persistence of memory as it is probably more instantly accessible due to the guitar work (my instrument) but have to say that Navel of Light has grown exponentially this past week and basically the whole recording is superb!

In fact part 2 of persistence, especially when the guitar theme returns is one of the most beautiful pieces of Dream music I've heard. (Although there are approx. 46413 other beautiful bits of Dream music!)

Even my wife likes it :shock: and the two heavy metal teenage dudes have been complimentary :shock: :shock:

So hope you dont mind me dredging this thread back up, it is a wonderful discovery for me.
:)

PS I'm sure there will be a reason for just having the new TD releases for sale on here or perhaps other places I am not aware of. But surely this stuff should be on amazon and i tunes etc . Spread the Word and all that!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

har wrote:I've had this album, Spring, for about two weeks now.

It is magnificent. Realise you guys have done this, but I just wanted to say I am so glad to have found all this new TD music and especially this album.

Initially I preferred persistence of memory as it is probably more instantly accessible due to the guitar work (my instrument) but have to say that Navel of Light has grown exponentially this past week and basically the whole recording is superb!

In fact part 2 of persistence, especially when the guitar theme returns is one of the most beautiful pieces of Dream music I've heard. (Although there are approx. 46413 other beautiful bits of Dream music!)

Even my wife likes it :shock: and the two heavy metal teenage dudes have been complimentary :shock: :shock:

So hope you dont mind me dredging this thread back up, it is a wonderful discovery for me.

PS I'm sure there will be a reason for just having the new TD releases for sale on here or perhaps other places I am not aware of. But surely this stuff should be on amazon and i tunes etc . Spread the Word and all that!
Nothing wrong with reminding us just how good this album is. TD are on a roll right now and I'm really looking forward to the new tracks in the offing!
har

Post by har »

Hobo wrote:
har wrote:I've had this album, Spring, for about two weeks now.

Nothing wrong with reminding us just how good this album is. TD are on a roll right now and I'm really looking forward to the new tracks in the offing!
Cheers hobo, likewise.

Between listening to the new downloads and comparing with my older classic Dream there aint much time for listening to anything else :D