BM LISTENS TO THE MIGHTY CYCLONE

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Pertou wrote:There's also a beer tent, but they don't play any TD... They play crappy music, but not excactly biker music...
If you'll excuse me for a minute, I'll make them play some TD... maybe Streethawk, would be appropriate.
Ask them to play Zeit :arrow:
I could burn a cdr of Zeit and write "Status Quo - Whatever I Want" on it... 8)
Imagine their reaction when the music starts playing :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Imagine me being chased by bikers... :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:Imagine me being chased by bikers... :D
Getting your rollerblades on would be a good idea :wink: :lol:
nightmare strand

Post by nightmare strand »

Has anyone any ideas as to why TD seem to have ignored Cylone for such a long period. It hasn't appeared on any compilations that I'm aware of, has not been performed at any of the live shows I've attended since 1986, and hasn't been the subject of any tangentising apart from the references made to it on DM4's Messenger track. The vocals may not have been to everyone's taste (personally I didn't mind), but the quality of much of the music was tremendous. Edgar seems to have revisited a large cross section of both solo and TD works from that era (some less deserving IMHO) to a greater of lesser extent but Cyclone lurks untouched in the background almost like a bad taste. Perhaps this will be rectified in the near future, maybe it will be rejigged in some form for live performances, rerecorded and tangentised minus vocals, or appear in a future Dream Mix Album. Or is it simply another recording locked in legal ownership disputes. Who knows, but IMHO, it hasn't gained the recognition it deserves and many
fans speak highly of it. If anyone has any information that puts a different slant on things, I'd be really interested to read it.
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

nightmare strand wrote:Has anyone any ideas as to why TD seem to have ignored Cylone for such a long period. It hasn't appeared on any compilations that I'm aware of, has not been performed at any of the live shows I've attended since 1986, and hasn't been the subject of any tangentising apart from the references made to it on DM4's Messenger track. The vocals may not have been to everyone's taste (personally I didn't mind), but the quality of much of the music was tremendous. Edgar seems to have revisited a large cross section of both solo and TD works from that era (some less deserving IMHO) to a greater of lesser extent but Cyclone lurks untouched in the background almost like a bad taste. Perhaps this will be rectified in the near future, maybe it will be rejigged in some form for live performances, rerecorded and tangentised minus vocals, or appear in a future Dream Mix Album. Or is it simply another recording locked in legal ownership disputes. Who knows, but IMHO, it hasn't gained the recognition it deserves and many
fans speak highly of it. If anyone has any information that puts a different slant on things, I'd be really interested to read it.
I've heard a few fans over the years request that Cyclone be re-released minus the vocals.

I can't say that the vocals really bother me, although it would be interesting to hear the album without them.... :)
Be at one with the sequencing.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Cyclone without vocals would be like Rubycon without the Seagull :shock:

:arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:Cyclone without vocals would be like Rubycon without the Seagull :shock:

I have to agree with you 100% BM..........If they want to re-record it in another shape or form thats fine,but please leave the vocals alone.....its part of the albums history.........All IMHO of course :wink:
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

Some fans seem to have a rather dogmatic view of TD. "TD with vocals is no real TD" or something like that.
I think this is simply rediculous. Although "Cyclone" is not one of those albums I listen to very often, I enjoy it. I also love the "Tyger" album (especially the tremendous title track) and "Madcap's Flaming Duty" (with the fantastic Chris Hausl). And then there's the Dante trilogy of course.

I must confess I'm not very fond of the 1978 concert recordings. Somehow these improvisations fail to grab me. But the album is great and it's a mystery to me why it's not appreciated more and why Edgar left off this album from his "Tangents" box. :?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Schulze wrote:I've heard a few fans over the years request that Cyclone be re-released minus the vocals.
Errr....that would be me. :oops:

I seem to remember saying on the old forum something along the lines of I wouldn't mind hearing what Cyclone would sound like without vocals. Personally I don't mind the vocals although I do remember the shock when I first heard them.

Mind you I think I said the same thing about the tracks on Tyger, then I heard the live version of Tyger (the track) and realised that I missed the vocals.
24db

Post by 24db »

'some' fans want Cyclone minus the music and vocals ;)
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:'some' fans want Cyclone minus the music and vocals ;)
I'd certainly find it interesting.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Chris Monk wrote:Mind you I think I said the same thing about the tracks on Tyger, then I heard the live version of Tyger (the track) and realised that I missed the vocals.
I listen to Day Shift now, which is a 'minimal' instrumental version (demo?) of a dream of Death from MFD. I sing along, play airguitar and air drums inside my head, because without that it's not complete. However, it's still extremely sensual and unlike whatever any band could achieve.
I love TD...
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Chris Monk wrote:
Schulze wrote:I've heard a few fans over the years request that Cyclone be re-released minus the vocals.
Errr....that would be me. :oops:

I seem to remember saying on the old forum something along the lines of I wouldn't mind hearing what Cyclone would sound like without vocals. Personally I don't mind the vocals although I do remember the shock when I first heard them.

Mind you I think I said the same thing about the tracks on Tyger, then I heard the live version of Tyger (the track) and realised that I missed the vocals.
What about a re-released, remastered Cyclone, with additional bonus tracks i.e. tracks 1 & 2 without the vocals, and space permitting possibly a live track from around the same period..... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

the whole point of Cyclone, for me, is that at the time, it was a shock, a real return to the surprising experimentation of TD's early music. Cyclone is an outsider album, different and quite a classic. Better an album divide a fan base than be met with indifference. Looking back near 30 years on, I appreciate this recording for what it is : another unique TD record, as unique as all the others. Total music. :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:
bigmoog wrote:Cyclone without vocals would be like Rubycon without the Seagull :shock:

I have to agree with you 100% BM..........If they want to re-record it in another shape or form thats fine,but please leave the vocals alone.....its part of the albums history.........All IMHO of course :wink:
I heard the unvocal version at the birmingham odeon 1978
still fantastic IMHO
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache