Sleeping Watches Snoring in Silence EP

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by sparrow »

Pertou wrote:I think TD really master the ep format. Next album on 70+ minutes should consist of three eps!
Get three ep's and make your own..I did :wink:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Yes, I could do that, but imagine a new album with the same exciting level throughout, as with 40 Years..., Sleeping Watches and Metaphor combined. :o
24db

Post by 24db »

TD announce their new album 40 Sleeping metaphors ;) available in all good grizzlie cages :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:I think TD really master the ep format. Next album on 70+ minutes should consist of three eps!

Anything of that quality would be more than welcome 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I really love this ep. For what it is, I give it 9/10!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Pertou wrote:I really love this ep. For what it is, I give it 9/10!
It is a corker Jacob!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Most of all im surprised by the complex rhyths all over the place. In fact this ep, is my definition of true rock music.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:I really love this ep. For what it is, I give it 9/10!

I agree with your rating Jacob,it deserves those marks IMHO 8) :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Sublime piece of work
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I was wondering if Track 3 was going to be part of Summer in Nagasaki

similar along the lines to what happened with Metaphor and MFD
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

alipaul wrote:I was wondering if Track 3 was going to be part of Summer in Nagasaki

similar along the lines to what happened with Metaphor and MFD
I hadn't thought of that Daz, you could be right.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

I can tell you that the track "Sleeping Watches Snoring In Silence" is NOT on "Summer In Nagasaki".

I recieved this EP together with SuIN and "Bells Of Accra" last Saturday. And I must confess I'm very impressed of it. Right now Im listening to it ... the second time today. Somehow I can't get enough of it.

The title track is my favourite. It flows perfectly, it's rather dark (a thing I like every now and then) and it rocks. If I didn't know it better I'd have guessed it's a Jerome track. :D
Did you notice the clock ticking in the beat programming? I love these little things you discover with the second or third listen, I just didn't hear this the first time around. And the title "Sleeping Watches Snoring In Silence" could be another hint at Salvador Dalí (think of his famous painting with the clocks melting).

"Hyper Sphinx" is a nice remix of "Sphinx Lightning", a bit harder and more rhythmic than the original. But all in all it's my least favourite of the three.
On the other hand I'm a bit addicted to "Lady Monk", the poppy remix of "Zen Garden". I love the rhythms and the new sequences on it, they remind me of some Depeche Mode songs. The sound is simply fantastic.

If you ask me, Edgar Froese should carry on releasing EPs with one or two new tracks and some new remixes of older songs. This format is quite interesting and I enjoy this EP much more than the (in my opinion) rather uneven "TD Plays TD" album. However this EP is definately a 8/10, maybe even 9/10. Get over the "snoring" in the title, this EP rocks! :wink:
MRBLUE

Post by MRBLUE »

For me, it sounds like CF was drafted in for track 3, had his hallmark all over it - although, we all know that didn't happen!! Just seemed like a flash back, or am I totally mad?? blowwwblaaahhhhhoooohummmm- Doh - disconnected :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

MRBLUE wrote:For me, it sounds like CF was drafted in for track 3, had his hallmark all over it - although, we all know that didn't happen!! Just seemed like a flash back, or am I totally mad?? blowwwblaaahhhhhoooohummmm- Doh - disconnected :D
It has all the hallmarks of classic TD. Excellent work by Edgar.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Just noticed there's the same watch on the front cover of "Sleeping Watches Snoring In Silence" than on the back cover of "What A Blast" from 1999. But there's one thing different with the watch... :)