PHAEDRA : EM'S YEAR ZERO

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

PHAEDRA : EM'S YEAR ZERO

Post by bigmoog »

HE as BM IS listening to this album NOW and ITS STILL odd compelling music, unearthly and weird even at this time in space, i realised something tonight: despite other EM being released before, for BM, this record is T=0, that is, in this 40th year, Phaedra can be considered (BY ME AND IMHO) as the true creation event.....all EM emanates from this recording....it sounds wildly dated yet contemporary....it is centrality.....a pupae, it gave birth to tangerine dream...the dream as i know them ( you know the truth, but i will say it anyway)....Its wonderful that now in 2007 e.v or 2007 c.e. that we have this band still making music that makes me feel tiny but HUGE...pure magic....apologist? no...admirer...oh yes, try listening to any other EM and while satisfying, it does not mean much, like a shot of espresso...transient

phaedra is TIMELESS

thats strange innit?
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Re: PHAEDRA : EM'S YEAR ZERO

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:HE as BM IS listening to this album NOW and ITS STILL odd compelling music, unearthly and weird even at this time in space, i realised something tonight: despite other EM being released before, for BM, this record is T=0, that is, in this 40th year, Phaedra can be considered (BY ME AND IMHO) as the true creation event.....all EM emanates from this recording....it sounds wildly dated yet contemporary....it is centrality.....a pupae, it gave birth to tangerine dream...the dream as i know them ( you know the truth, but i will say it anyway)....Its wonderful that now in 2007 e.v or 2007 c.e. that we have this band still making music that makes me feel tiny but HUGE...pure magic....apologist? no...admirer...oh yes, try listening to any other EM and while satisfying, it does not mean much, like a shot of espresso...transient

A fantastic album of that there is little doubt,but i think Rubycon was the real pinnacle of the Berlin School of EM,a real amazing album......This style had gone with Stratosfear IMHO :wink:

phaedra is TIMELESS

thats strange innit?
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

bigmoog wrote:HE as BM IS listening to this album NOW and ITS STILL odd compelling music, unearthly and weird even at this time in space, i realised something tonight: despite other EM being released before, for BM, this record is T=0, that is, in this 40th year, Phaedra can be considered (BY ME AND IMHO) as the true creation event.....all EM emanates from this recording....it sounds wildly dated yet contemporary....it is centrality.....a pupae, it gave birth to tangerine dream...the dream as i know them ( you know the truth, but i will say it anyway)....Its wonderful that now in 2007 e.v or 2007 c.e. that we have this band still making music that makes me feel tiny but HUGE...pure magic....apologist? no...admirer...oh yes, try listening to any other EM and while satisfying, it does not mean much, like a shot of espresso...transient

phaedra is TIMELESS

thats strange innit?
Now put on Phaedra 05.
24db

Post by 24db »

phaedra is TIMELESS

thats strange innit?
mind you...what does that make Zeit then? ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

wait for the BM's 40th Anniversary 40,000 word essay on ZEIT as Pre Year Zero*
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:wait for the BM's 40th Anniversary 40,000 word essay on ZEIT as Pre Year Zero*
lol...that pg dn button better work!!!!! ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

it makes 200 A4 pages, the PDF is 10mb (as it includes charts and diagrams to prove my opinion :P )
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:it makes 200 A4 pages, the PDF is 10mb (as it includes charts and diagrams to prove my opinion :P )
you can't prove 'art'...it's opinion, unless it's 'my' opinion then it's fact....oops just copied that from another forum ;) :D :D

can't wait BM...2 words/20,000 words...if it's your view then it'll be worth reading
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

no, you can prove art, ask DAL [ post relocated in 1975 ]
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Phaedra is ok for me. I mean it's great, but... the history of TD always started for me with Alpha Centauri, the first album (for me) being able to lift one's soul out of its body and catapult it into immer space.
Phaedra can do the same, and indeed it's the first album to do the job mainly with electronic sound generators, but to me it doesn't matter which tools the musician uses for "materializing" what's in his head... Don't get me wrong, I like Phaedra.... but Alpha Centauri, Zeit and Atem are the fertile ground that made imagining Phaedra possible in the first place.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Michael66 wrote:Phaedra is ok for me. I mean it's great, but... the history of TD always started for me with Alpha Centauri, the first album (for me) being able to lift one's soul out of its body and catapult it into immer space.
Phaedra can do the same, and indeed it's the first album to do the job mainly with electronic sound generators, but to me it doesn't matter which tools the musician uses for "materializing" what's in his head... Don't get me wrong, I like Phaedra.... but Alpha Centauri, Zeit and Atem are the fertile ground that made imagining Phaedra possible in the first place.

these three Albums sit outside the Year Zero events (Phaedra Rubycon AND Ricochet) and are now far beyond my repetitive musings can cope with, not only are the 'pink years' perfect musical creations, they are now Monuments that I listen to now in sheer awe at the beauty of the simple truth {continued on page 12)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:it makes 200 A4 pages, the PDF is 10mb (as it includes charts and diagrams to prove my opinion :P )
you can't prove 'art'...it's opinion, unless it's 'my' opinion then it's fact....oops just copied that from another forum ;) :D :D

can't wait BM...2 words/20,000 words...if it's your view then it'll be worth reading
Thought i had seen those words elsewhere :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:wait for the BM's 40th Anniversary 40,000 word essay on ZEIT as Pre Year Zero*
:shock: I await with great anticipation :arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

ALL : Its 40 years, so Im going to write musings on as many TD recordings as possible and post them here on this forum (Im saving the ZEIT epic and rubycon for andy's blog questions.......)
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:ALL : Its 40 years, so Im going to write musings on as many TD recordings as possible and post them here on this forum (Im saving the ZEIT epic and rubycon for andy's blog questions.......)
I predict the longest blogs in the history of bloggery...and if that aint a word it bloody well should be ;)