SBE 2005 DVD

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by hansx »

ant wrote::D Harmonicaman - I was there and have been to so many TD gigs since about 1974 that I have lost count. I loved the SBE gig and 'my problem' is that I get very p****d off with people reviewing TD that have not got a clue what they are talking about. And that goes for some people posting on here too, although thankfully most are really nice guys!! :D
Hmmm, should say that most people here are the devoted fans of TD. Ok, somewhat critical, counts also for me, but surely breathing TD. Guess that if you make a poll of how much albums everyone has in his collection, it will be positively above the 15 or 20 for maybe 75%.
He, why not make this poll. I will make it. I will start the new topic. :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

hansx wrote:
ant wrote::D Harmonicaman - I was there and have been to so many TD gigs since about 1974 that I have lost count. I loved the SBE gig and 'my problem' is that I get very p****d off with people reviewing TD that have not got a clue what they are talking about. And that goes for some people posting on here too, although thankfully most are really nice guys!! :D
Hmmm, should say that most people here are the devoted fans of TD. Ok, somewhat critical, counts also for me, but surely breathing TD. Guess that if you make a poll of how much albums everyone has in his collection, it will be positively above the 15 or 20 for maybe 75%.
He, why not make this poll. I will make it. I will start the new topic. :D
chips, I don't know how to do that. Anybody with some experience?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hans

Go to FAQ then Posting Issues then How do i create a Poll :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Which reminds me how's your missus coming along with that knitting pattern? :wink:
Work stopped play I affraid, if you are going to the Cardiff bash Sat ask her / persuede her to do it !.
Also if you havent got your Astoria DVD yet find me out !.
Got an email from CDS today to say that the TD goodies have arrived so you never know.
Joy Chris Joy !.hope theyre with you very soon so you can enjoy what we have enjoyed.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote: Work stopped play I affraid, if you are going to the Cardiff bash Sat ask her / persuede her to do it !.
Also if you havent got your Astoria DVD yet find me out !.
Got an email from CDS today to say that the TD goodies have arrived so you never know.
Joy Chris Joy !.hope theyre with you very soon so you can enjoy what we have enjoyed.
...and then I shall wreak my revenge by banging on endlessly about all these new CDs and DVDs you guys have been enjoying for the last few weeks. :wink:
timer

Post by timer »

Go for it Chris ! :lol:
ant

Post by ant »

:D Echosnare - I agree everyone has the right to express their views and they are entitled to those views. It is just that I don't like the way some people go about doing it. There is absolutely no reason to be both rude and personal to express your views. :D
Biggus Dickus
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

ant wrote::D Echosnare - I agree everyone has the right to express their views and they are entitled to those views. It is just that I don't like the way some people go about doing it. There is absolutely no reason to be both rude and personal to express your views. :D
I agree we all follow TD which ever way we choose to do so i don't mind criticism as long as it's civil.
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:Hans

Go to FAQ then Posting Issues then How do i create a Poll :wink:
Yeah, why didn't I think of that earlier. :oops:
Made onw now.
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

alipaul wrote:
ant wrote::D Echosnare - I agree everyone has the right to express their views and they are entitled to those views. It is just that I don't like the way some people go about doing it. There is absolutely no reason to be both rude and personal to express your views. :D
I agree we all follow TD which ever way we choose to do so i don't mind criticism as long as it's civil.
The problem here isn't the criticism, whether civil or not. It is the RESPONSE of some members to any criticism, and quite a lot of those responses are not civil. Anything other than total worship at the feet of TD/EF is seen as heresy. I'd sooner, personally, be a heretic, than a sickening sycophant.

It is way past time that some forum members took a long hard look at their attitudes, and maybe the the question "Where are the fans?", the reason for statement "Quiet here,innit", & the "Absent Friends" thread might just become apparent. The recently quoted posting stats show there is a problem, & looking inward might just provide the solution.

Unfortunately, though, there are none so blind as those who will not see, & the people who have to do the most soul searching won't actually see any fault in their actions.

I've been a member of this forum & its predecesors for about 6 years, & this is my final post & visit. I'm sure that will please quite a few people, but not as much as it pleases me.

Enjoy the decline.

EB: PLEASE REMOVE MY PROFILE.
timer

Post by timer »

I think the last post sums up just how passionate people get about TD.
Personally Ive never taken any offence at anyone's so called 'jibes' about my posting, merely laughed them off as others opinions.
It may be down to a few regular posters, and others who join in when they have time. But is that how most forums are?
I don't like to see anyone feel bad about postings, and certainly I have come across two people on this forum in recent months that have been personally picked on for there contribution, and its just not on.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

The Third Chapter

GOODNESS AND PEACE IN MAN

FIRST keep peace with yourself; then you will be able to bring peace to others. A peaceful man does more good than a learned man. Whereas a passionate man turns even good to evil and is quick to believe evil, the peaceful man, being good himself, turns all things to good.

The man who is at perfect ease is never suspicious, but the disturbed and discontented spirit is upset by many a suspicion. He neither rests himself nor permits others to do so. He often says what ought not to be said and leaves undone what ought to be done. He is concerned with the duties of others but neglects his own.

Direct your zeal, therefore, first upon yourself; then you may with justice exercise it upon those about you. You are well versed in coloring your own actions with excuses which you will not accept from others, though it would be more just to accuse yourself and excuse your brother. If you wish men to bear with you, you must bear with them. Behold, how far you are from true charity and humility which does not know how to be angry with anyone, or to be indignant save only against self!

It is no great thing to associate with the good and gentle, for such association is naturally pleasing. Everyone enjoys a peaceful life and prefers persons of congenial habits. But to be able to live at peace with harsh and perverse men, or with the undisciplined and those who irritate us, is a great grace, a praiseworthy and manly thing.

Some people live at peace with themselves and with their fellow men, but others are never at peace with themselves nor do they bring it to anyone else. These latter are a burden to everyone, but they are more of a burden to themselves. A few, finally, live at peace with themselves and try to restore it to others.

Now, all our peace in this miserable life is found in humbly enduring suffering rather than in being free from it. He who knows best how to suffer will enjoy the greater peace, because he is the conqueror of himself, the master of the world, a friend of Christ, and an heir of heaven.

Thee Imitation of Christ (...De imitatione Christi..), Thomas A Kempis ANNO 1418

and that my friends, all here, all gone and all to join, means that the most important thing in life is LOVE
...The wise.....are silent.....
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

MMMMM

:!: :arrow:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
ant

Post by ant »

:D If I don't like a TD track or album I will say so as I often have about Zeit. Echosnares views are just that and if he feels strongly enough about them as to finish visiting or posting on this site then so be it. Always sorry to see people go but I won't be shedding any tears over this departure, after all in my opinion there are far more important issues in the world to get upset about. This is just music and does not mean life or death. RELAX!!! :D
Biggus Dickus
hansx

Post by hansx »

Echosnare wrote:
alipaul wrote:
The problem here isn't the criticism, whether civil or not. It is the RESPONSE of some members to any criticism, and quite a lot of those responses are not civil. Anything other than total worship at the feet of TD/EF is seen as heresy. I'd sooner, personally, be a heretic, than a sickening sycophant.

It is way past time that some forum members took a long hard look at their attitudes, and maybe the the question "Where are the fans?", the reason for statement "Quiet here,innit", & the "Absent Friends" thread might just become apparent. The recently quoted posting stats show there is a problem, & looking inward might just provide the solution.

Unfortunately, though, there are none so blind as those who will not see, & the people who have to do the most soul searching won't actually see any fault in their actions.

I've been a member of this forum & its predecesors for about 6 years, & this is my final post & visit. I'm sure that will please quite a few people, but not as much as it pleases me.

Enjoy the decline.

EB: PLEASE REMOVE MY PROFILE.
Sorry to hear this. In my opinion it is all not so hard. Think it over and enjoy the music and talking about it. You always find people which are ruder then it should be. But take that with some salt as we say in the Netherlands. In other words: not too serious.