NEW SOLO ALBUM FROM EDGAR FROESE: Mar2007 ?????

Froesesque
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Froesesque »

bigmoog wrote:
Mephistopheles wrote:Judging from the cover (if the picture on the post card/flyer is the cover) View from a Red Train will be another result of Edgar's obsession with Salvador Dalí, so it might be in the vein of Dalinetopia.
I've never really understood what TD's and Edgar's music has got to do with Salvador Dalí, though. In my opinion the only Daliesque releases were Electronic Meditation and, to a certain degree, Alpha Centauri.

my opinion:

Edgar met dali, the ones played at Dali's home.....Edgar is an artist.....

now I remember a quotation from EF that stated that he (and TD) were attempting to do in music what Avida Dollars did in art....I always took this to mean the realisation of our subconscious dreams and nightmares made tangible through media...be it music, art or cookery.....

for me surrealism is manifested through TD and EFs music, more so the further back you travel..The music of the pink and virgin years can indeed be listened to as 'surrealist'...as the soundscapes, artwork and intent all eminate dreams and unreality.

If I wanted to give an example of TD's surrealism, I need only point to ZEIT or Rubycon or Metaphor or, or........as these are at the edge of the absurd or at the centre of surrealist mind melting music, created by a true artistic genius.

I as BM enjoy surrealism, absurdist art, DADA and the paintings of Louis Wain

BM leaves this forum for 1 hour to consider the transient nature of ART and TIME and breakfast. :arrow:
BM, hello matey!!!!,this is the first time I've seen you since the new forum began, How are you? Good to see you!!!
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

and a BIGMOOG hello to you mate!!!!...most of the usual suspects are here......welcome 8)
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Very interested to see what direction this album takes. For some reason I'm expecting it to be pared down with some loss of tempo. Time will tell.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Hobo wrote:Very interested to see what direction this album takes. For some reason I'm expecting it to be pared down with some loss of tempo. Time will tell.
I hope so too. More atmosphere and lees cheesy drums please.........
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:Very interested to see what direction this album takes. For some reason I'm expecting it to be pared down with some loss of tempo. Time will tell.
Out of interest Hobo why do you think so? I was expecting Dalinetopia to be more like this but was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:
Out of interest Hobo why do you think so? I was expecting Dalinetopia to be more like this but was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out.
It's just a hunch based on the influence Thorsten seems to have had on Edgar. I think it will lead to more subtle percussion, with greater emphasis on melody. It's only a guess and time might well prove me wrong.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I look forward to this release with great anticipation,if its anywhere near as good as Dalinetopia i will be a happy man :D :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
hansx

Post by hansx »

sparrow wrote:Looking forward to this one. I hope its as good as Dalinetopia.
Indeed I also did like Dalinetopia. We are getting spoiled this year with all those new releases.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

We are NOT getting spoiled :? we are getting rooked :shock: :wink: :lol:
Rico

Post by Rico »

sound normal, as the anniversary of anniversaries.

(though Froese isn't necesarily celebrating a round year as solo) :?
Taximan431

Views from a red train

Post by Taximan431 »

This should be like a follow up to last years Dalinetopia but is this the solo project we have heard about earlier where mathematics & Science was mentioned so juding by the cover artwork we should expect the unexpected
Looking forward to this one...

:D 8) :!: :arrow: :idea: 8) Geoff
tuftuf

Post by tuftuf »

All I wanted to say is wait and see (or even better listen !) am sure it will be a surprise to all of us, am looking forward to this one too so . . .
music is part of my life, without music life would be senseless
24db

Post by 24db »

TD needs to delete some of this spam
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

and the spammers :wink:
jacob

Post by jacob »

Aahh... those were the days... :D

I personally think it was a good move to invite the TD musicians on this one :)
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/