What TD can you now buy in the shops ?

HYPERBOREA
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

What TD can you now buy in the shops ?

Post by HYPERBOREA »

I was looking in the Oxford Street HMV and Virgin recently and was very disappointed with the amount of TD albums available. Not so long ago you could buy pretty much everything from Electronic Meditation through to the latest release including all the film soundtracks . But now your'e lucky if their's 3 albums for sale

HMV had Madcaps, Paradiso and Zeit and thats it. Virgin had Ricochet and Phaedra.

I know that TD releases dont dent the charts these days but I saw plenty of people flicking through the CD's in both shops and I am sure there is still a market for them to sell in the major London Stores

Obviously Madcaps and Paradiso are recent releases so why have them but not the Nagasaki albums or Joan of Arc ? They must all sell in similar quantities I would have thought !
24db

Post by 24db »

walk down to Sisterray in Berwick street and they usually have about 10 TD CDs...including quite a few KS re-masters.

I don't think you can compare MFD with SUIN...MFD was professionally promoted by Noble PR, with plenty of distrubition and advertising and reviews, whilst Suin is only available from TD and a handful of on line dealers.

Fopp had 'every' single TDI and Virgin release in their flag ship store in London...but they went tits up!...and only a £5 each :(
Last edited by 24db on Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

duck all !!!!
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:walk down to Sisterray in Berwick street and they usually have about 10 TD CDs...including quite a few KS re-masters.

I don't think you can compare MFD with SUIN...MFD was professionally promoted by Noble PR, with plenty of distrubition and advertising and reviews, whilst Suin is only available from TD and a handful of on line dealers.

Fopp had 'every' single TDI and Virgin release in their flag ship store in London...but they went tits up!...and only a £5 each :(
Makes you think how in the hell fopp could sell all those at £5,and some of them doubles :? must have fell off the back of JFs lorry :shock: :o :twisted: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:walk down to Sisterray in Berwick street and they usually have about 10 TD CDs...including quite a few KS re-masters.

Makes you think how in the hell fopp could sell all those at £5,and some of them doubles :? must have fell off the back of JFs lorry :shock: :o :twisted: :arrow:
If you remember a while back TD or Jerome said they would be selling off their remaining stock and then that would be that

anybody got a crowbar?

epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

No comment :arrow: :wink: :twisted:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

i concur

but

td are 'underground' once again....since becoming tdi/eastgate

for I and I...it is better this way.....i prefer the outsider ness of td now...its the same as the ohr years....it takes the will to track down the records...the dedication and the love..........if i go to a mainstream store and see a td record great.....but its more the thrill that the boring masses do not know of the td music world.....................er.......... :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:i concur

but

td are 'underground' once again....since becoming tdi/eastgate

for I and I...it is better this way.....i prefer the outsider ness of td now...its the same as the ohr years....it takes the will to track down the records...the dedication and the love..........if i go to a mainstream store and see a td record great.....but its more the thrill that the boring masses do not know of the td music world.....................er.......... :arrow:
as always mate there's an element of truth in what you say...TD have gone back to being an underground group...to be honest if you just went by advertising then this happened when they signed to Jive....the advertising slowly tailed off and then the group were selling stuff almost by word of mouth. Kids these days aren't buying stuff in record shops (especially HMV...don't believe me checkout their profits last year) in the quanties they used to. SO the focus of record shops has started to shift towards the Amazon model, ie don't try sell a million of one thing, but sell a few of a million different things, and if you haven't got the distrubution you get squeezed out.
There's always an excitement about being in a small club, however obscure ;)
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Where I Shop for Tangerine Dream Music. :?:

Groove unlimited
HMV (Japan)

:wink: :arrow:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
Hobo

Re: What TD can you now buy in the shops ?

Post by Hobo »

HYPERBOREA wrote:I was looking in the Oxford Street HMV and Virgin recently and was very disappointed with the amount of TD albums available. Not so long ago you could buy pretty much everything from Electronic Meditation through to the latest release including all the film soundtracks . But now your'e lucky if their's 3 albums for sale
Worse still, none of the spotty oiks that work there, have even heard of tangerine Dream! :(
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Re: What TD can you now buy in the shops ?

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
HYPERBOREA wrote:I was looking in the Oxford Street HMV and Virgin recently and was very disappointed with the amount of TD albums available. Not so long ago you could buy pretty much everything from Electronic Meditation through to the latest release including all the film soundtracks . But now your'e lucky if their's 3 albums for sale
Worse still, none of the spotty oiks that work there, have even heard of tangerine Dream! :(
They hadn't heard of TD when they stocked the blinking LPs in the 80's either ;)

Most people who work in large music chains think they have the best job in the world, if it wasn't for the customers ruining their social life ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Whilst on the subject of sister ray,heres a huge bargain

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tangerine-Dream-B ... dZViewItem
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

BM remembers that it was this Box set that made him decide to join the online TD community back in 2003, so you have this release to blame for me :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:BM remembers that it was this Box set that made him decide to join the online TD community back in 2003, so you have this release to blame for me :D
A Collector's item then :mrgreen:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

bigmoog wrote:BM remembers that it was this Box set that made him decide to join the online TD community back in 2003, so you have this release to blame for me :D
The Bootleg Box Sets were AWESOME. TD seriously should have continued with those. I would have bought every single one they put out. The price and quality of music was fantastic.

The immense high of the Bootleg Box Sets were followed by the utter catastrophe of the Bootmoon's. My god, the bungling idiocy that was displayed at those releases was incredible. Has there ever been such a wild swing from high quality to virtually no quality before? I think not.