40th anniversary fans favourite albums

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:it's full of some of the worst mistakes ever...but... he's so enthuastic that defy anybody to resist his rather weird prose and not want to buy some of the records featured (I couldn't :D).
When Edgar was interviewed on BBC Radio Scotland in 1997, he was killing himself over Julian's comments about Zeit...but I bet his bank balance thanks the guy :)

mr copes comments about zeit, are way off the mark......he just doesnt get the lp the way bm does :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:it's full of some of the worst mistakes ever...but... he's so enthuastic that defy anybody to resist his rather weird prose and not want to buy some of the records featured (I couldn't :D).
When Edgar was interviewed on BBC Radio Scotland in 1997, he was killing himself over Julian's comments about Zeit...but I bet his bank balance thanks the guy :)

mr copes comments about zeit, are way off the mark......he just doesnt get the lp the way bm does :wink:
His book on standing stones and the Punk scene were great as well...but we've moved off topic
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

the megalithic european etc are just total brilliance

in fact td's music is megalithic : timeless and uncanny
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:the megalithic european etc are just total brilliance

and from time to time vandals spray graffiti all over it ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:

lol

i went to pay respect once at avebury, the stones spoke to me.....eons of history spoke to BM ...... i felt humble, a little scared...but the words the stones sayeth were true : you are transient, make the time you have count, enjoy the music.....er or something
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:

lol

i went to pay respect once at avebury, the stones spoke to me.....eons of history spoke to BM ...... i felt humble, a little scared...but the words the stones sayeth were true : you are transient, make the time you have count, enjoy the music.....er or something
no time to reply fully...I'm hugging a tree :)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

'tangerine dream'

even the bands name is compelling, even before the music kicks in

im listening to rubycon as i type....as ever it is alien and powerful, deeply satisfying and mysterious...perhaps it is a waste of time quantifying 'favourites'.....the choice is so personal and unique...maybe all td music is worthy of accolades or review.....suin or sin stand proud in my mind as classic td music...perhaps posterity shall judge the atomic season as td encapsulated?......it is not for a 'fan' to judge...we are far too close to the music.....too close....too much involved.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

bigmoog wrote:digital gothic was written in a strangely pointless way, a bit like reading tadream posts, ie we know best, you know nothing, i know the truth, you are deaf etc....utterly ephemeral cobblers, although any booooooook on TD is better than total silence.
I would rather have no book on TD than Digital Gothic. I almost read one page of it, once!
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
bigmoog wrote:digital gothic was written in a strangely pointless way, a bit like reading tadream posts, ie we know best, you know nothing, i know the truth, you are deaf etc....utterly ephemeral cobblers, although any booooooook on TD is better than total silence.
I would rather have no book on TD than Digital Gothic. I almost read one page of it, once!
I'm re-reading it now. It's ok if you filter out the self-opinionated not good (granted, that's most of it)
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I have to say that IMHO its a load of baloney :roll: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Hobo wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
I'm re-reading it now. It's ok if you filter out the self-opinionated not good (granted, that's most of it)
I enjoyed Stump's book greatly. I find his criticism very well argued and spoken from the point of view of a life long committed fan. He goes out of his way to try to leave the book on a positive note. A hack would not do such a thing. Considering that his book ends at TD's lowst point (the dreadful and appalling '90s), I think he did a fantastic job.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

rattymouse wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: I would rather have no book on TD than Digital Gothic. I almost read one page of it, once!
I enjoyed Stump's book greatly. I find his criticism very well argued and spoken from the point of view of a life long committed fan. He goes out of his way to try to leave the book on a positive note. A hack would not do such a thing. Considering that his book ends at TD's lowst point (the dreadful and appalling '90s), I think he did a fantastic job.
You are fully enitled to your veiw,and im certainly not going to argue with it,but i stick by my original statement concerning this :arrow:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
Hobo wrote: I'm re-reading it now. It's ok if you filter out the self-opinionated not good (granted, that's most of it)
You are fully enitled to your veiw,and im certainly not going to argue with it,but i stick by my original statement concerning this :arrow:
I was not attempting to change anyone's views. Yours included.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I appreciate that Tom,i did not see it as that :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

I recently spoke to somebody who met him (PS I mean) and he hated writing the last half of book, completely loathed it. Sounds like the publisher had to force him to finish it. For him it was Heaven (1974-1977) and his personal Hell (eveything else). So much for the objective writer. The writer for the book should have been Karl Dallas or (Barry) Miles, they were the only ones (for the most part) who got TD and could string together two words without their ego and bile dripping into every word. IMHO...obviously