Green Desert

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Green Desert

Post by Hobo »

As I mentioned on another thread, I got my hands on this one last night (I know, a bit late in the day). As most of you will have had this in your collections for some time, I find it hard to believe this album isn't talked about more.

IMO, it's a masterpiece. Four perfectly crafted tracks, that put a smile on my face all day (and not much does that). I had to listen to it 3 times back to back, I was so completely blown away. Why didn't somebody tell me sooner!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

That's the one with 'White Clouds' isn't it? I love that track but don't have the rest of the album. Very melodic track considering when the album was recorded (1973). :D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
24db

Re: Green Desert

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:As I mentioned on another thread, I got my hands on this one last night (I know, a bit late in the day). As most of you will have had this in your collections for some time, I find it hard to believe this album isn't talked about more.

IMO, it's a masterpiece. Four perfectly crafted tracks, that put a smile on my face all day (and not much does that). I had to listen to it 3 times back to back, I was so completely blown away. Why didn't somebody tell me sooner!
Would you have believed us? ;) :) Note very very use of a sequencer! Every one goes into heart failure because TD added a few DX sounds in the 80's, does it matter that much? don't think so, the music is good!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Froesesque wrote:That's the one with 'White Clouds' isn't it? I love that track but don't have the rest of the album. Very melodic track considering when the album was recorded (1973). :D
It's a gem. Don't delay buy it now!
Last edited by Hobo on Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:As I mentioned on another thread, I got my hands on this one last night (I know, a bit late in the day). As most of you will have had this in your collections for some time, I find it hard to believe this album isn't talked about more.

Would you have believed us? ;) :) Note very very use of a sequencer! Every one goes into heart failure because TD added a few DX sounds in the 80's, does it matter that much? don't think so, the music is good!
I know there's a lot of debate about where this album falls chronologically, but I think this detracts from what is really important...the music! It's simply stunning and I for one wasn't listening for 80's embellishments, I was too busy being carried away! (For what it's worth, I consider this album to be very 70's though). :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:

I know there's a lot of debate about where this album falls chronologically, but I think this detracts from what is really important...the music! It's simply stunning and I for one wasn't listening for 80's embellishments, I was too busy being carried away! (For what it's worth, I consider this album to be very 70's though). :wink:
Where does it belong? ...simple....on yer shelf! ;) it's music, nothing more, nothing less mate, if we listened to other people's opinion all the time chances are we'd never have bothered with TD. :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: Would you have believed us? ;) :) Note very very use of a sequencer! Every one goes into heart failure because TD added a few DX sounds in the 80's, does it matter that much? don't think so, the music is good!
Where does it belong? ...simple....on yer shelf! ;) it's music, nothing more, nothing less mate, if we listened to other people's opinion all the time chances are we'd never have bothered with TD. :)
Absolutley. Yes. The amount of words I've read about Green Desert and where it belongs chronologically. Who gives a monkeys? It's good music, get over it.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Absolutley. Yes. The amount of words I've read about Green Desert and where it belongs chronologically. Who gives a monkeys? It's good music, get over it.
Why do you think it's not talked about more Chris? It's right up there with the best of them IMO.
Rico

Post by Rico »

Green Desert, for the 1973 mark, is a good work with some skepsis, plus it kind of blurrs the Atem-Phaedra connection. for the 1986 mark, I find it better accomodate, even aroused than the rest (since I don't like Underwater Sunlight at all).

the style can be fashionable for both.

the title track is my favorite, it has to be the most profound thing in an album revolving more on a qui pro quo which to be above all by several points.
24db

Post by 24db »

I'll have to checkout my copy later in the week
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Green Desert?....I like this vinyl LP, but I find it odd that it doesn't seem to generate much discussion....In fact I rarely play it. I think Im tainted by the fact that its not completely original.....er, so what....I will play it again and report.
...The wise.....are silent.....
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Well, I don't care if it sounds like the 70s, the 80s or timeless.... I just really like the music. White Clouds is a great tune, Indian Summer is very mystical and Green Desert is very magical.
24db

Post by 24db »

I sometimes think fans get archaeology and music mixed up, it's about enjoying music, not which era, year or label somebody's attached to it. :)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

its the drumming that I find so..... 8)
...The wise.....are silent.....
redziller

Post by redziller »

24db wrote:I sometimes think fans get archaeology and music mixed up, it's about enjoying music, not which era, year or label somebody's attached to it. :)
There's a joke there about fear of archaeoligal strata.

But yes it's about the music. But hey - if a fan is into labelling and that's part of his trip good luck.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game