white eagle

rattymouse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:unsual time signature as well, plus it was stunning live in 1981
I never liked the live version of Mojave Plain as it never changed much from the studio version. Isnt that correct?
timer

Post by timer »

rattymouse wrote:
I never liked the live version of Mojave Plain as it never changed much from the studio version. Isnt that correct?
Id have to agree with you there Ratty mouse, but there are some nice variations, different lines being added.
24db

Post by 24db »

rattymouse wrote:
hmmm, no it's fairly different, especially with Johannes doing some different solos...altering the structure of the piece, perhaps this is more obvious in the 1982 tour version (especially the Australian ABC-FM broadcast and TT recording).
Last edited by 24db on Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

And it's seven minutes longer!
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

I ADORE 'White Eagle' as it's clear to anyone, judging my sign-in name.
It was the first 80's TD LP I bought,
and I remember I purchased the album in a record fair and the seller didn't knew I was TD fan and he told me '''it's like Jean Michael Jarre'!
Not so....I think.
One of my favourite albums ever and tied with many fond memories from autumn 1999...... :D
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
24db

Post by 24db »

2. What was the first Tangerine Dream record you bought? where did you buy it, where did you play it and what did you think of it? :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:2. What was the first Tangerine Dream record you bought? where did you buy it, where did you play it and what did you think of it? :)
Rubycon 1979 Hurleys Records Pontypridd..........Played it when i got home and although i had heard it elsewhere prior to buying it still thought it was awesome :arrow: and still do! Priceless

Sorry wrong thread :oops:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:2. What was the first Tangerine Dream record you bought? where did you buy it, where did you play it and what did you think of it? :)
Rubycon 1979 Hurleys Records Pontypridd..........Played it when i got home and although i had heard it elsewhere prior to buying it still thought it was awesome :arrow: and still do! Priceless

Sorry wrong thread :oops:
lol...Slighty OT here, question two is bringing in a Who's Who of old record shops...ah, where are they now?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hurleys shut years ago,it was a superb independent outlet.........sadly missed :arrow:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Oh, go on since you've asked. Phaedra - 1974 - Coutts record shop, Horley. I rushed straight home to play it. Such strange, mystical soundscapes. I was like a ship being drawn onto the rocks, by the call of the siren. Enticing and magical! I still get adore this album, but would love the opportunity to have that first listen again. :D
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
Oh, go on since you've asked. Phaedra - 1974 - Coutts record shop, Horley. I rushed straight home to play it. Such strange, mystical soundscapes. I was like a ship being drawn onto the rocks, by the call of the siren. Enticing and magical! I still get adore this album, but would love the opportunity to have that first listen again. :D
can I use that quote then Mick?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
Such a wordsmith you are Mick 8)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
If you feel it is worthy, then be my guest mate.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Such a wordsmith you are Mick 8)
Ta Colin, but's let's not forget that these feelings would not have been aroused, but for Messrs. Froese, Franke and Baumann.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: Oh, go on since you've asked. Phaedra - 1974 - Coutts record shop, Horley. I rushed straight home to play it. Such strange, mystical soundscapes. I was like a ship being drawn onto the rocks, by the call of the siren. Enticing and magical! I still get adore this album, but would love the opportunity to have that first listen again. :D
If you feel it is worthy, then be my guest mate.
added...it has reached worthiness :)