Vault releases

Taximan431
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Vault releases

Post by Taximan431 »

Hey any of you guys think there will be more Vault releases to come ? If so what would you choose to be the next vault release ?

:D :) 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff
epsilon75

Re: Vault releases

Post by epsilon75 »

Taximan431 wrote:Hey any of you guys think there will be more Vault releases to come ? If so what would you choose to be the next vault release ?

The Complete concerts from Poland 1983 :D :idea: :idea: 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Taximan431 wrote:Hey any of you guys think there will be more Vault releases to come ? If so what would you choose to be the next vault release ?

The Vault is empty.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

epsilon75 wrote:

The Complete concerts from Poland 1983 :D :idea: :idea: 8)
... with accompanying DVD :D :D
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Every single concert from 1969 to 1983 they have in their archive - if there is an archive they have access to. The process of preparing those concerts for release can't be that hard: If Klaus Schulze can do it, or even the German Krautrock band Grobschnitt, they can do it too.

Start with Australia 1975, please ... I'd like to listen to clean copies of those concerts before I get 80 ...

With every passing year, the market for those old TD live recordings is going to shrink faster and faster, just because of biological realities.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Michael66 wrote:Every single concert from 1969 to 1983 they have in their archive - if there is an archive they have access to. The process of preparing those concerts for release can't be that hard: If Klaus Schulze can do it, or even the German Krautrock band Grobschnitt, they can do it too.

Start with Australia 1975, please ... I'd like to listen to clean copies of those concerts before I get 80 ...

With every passing year, the market for those old TD live recordings is going to shrink faster and faster, just because of biological realities.
LOL. The vault is empty.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

rattymouse wrote:LOL. The vault is empty.
Playing the devil's advocate? ;-)
(My guess is, the vault is 'sealed', and nobody can't get in.)

I don't understand why there is no definitive statement from TD regarding that. It's not as if we fans would quit buying their recent CDs if they come out saying "sorry guys...". What do they have to lose?
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Michael66 wrote:
rattymouse wrote:LOL. The vault is empty.
Playing the devil's advocate? ;-)
(My guess is, the vault is 'sealed', and nobody can't get in.)

I don't understand why there is no definitive statement from TD regarding that. It's not as if we fans would quit buying their recent CDs if they come out saying "sorry guys...". What do they have to lose?
No, just understanding the reality. TD have absolutely nothing in the vault from the golden years. There is tons of demand for this. Certainly lesser bands have sold fewer CD's to meet their fans needs. TD has nothing to give us.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

as far as I remember therev was mention of another release last year.... Then nothing became of that... After discussing with other people close to the Group there is still material there. ....I just hope that they become available

:D :) 8) :arrow: Geoff
timer

Post by timer »

The promised 'Vault' releases have probably been surpassed on EF's 'To do' list. With the amount of new stuff that's been released in the past 12 months, is a massive volume of work in itself which has possibly left no time for sorting these releases. Plus not having JF about these days to work on these projects must also count in on the equation.

Im confident that Edgar has some great archive material stored away somewhere.

As other have posted id love to see Poland in it's original form with complete footage, as the footage Ive seen is very good quality, as is the sound!.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

timer wrote:The promised 'Vault' releases have probably been surpassed on EF's 'To do' list. With the amount of new stuff that's been released in the past 12 months, is a massive volume of work in itself which has possibly left no time for sorting these releases. Plus not having JF about these days to work on these projects must also count in on the equation.

As other have posted id love to see Poland in it's original form with complete footage, as the footage Ive seen is very good quality, as is the sound!.
Agreed Tim Jerome will be missed on projects like this but remember Thorsten could carry out the remastering if Edgar works on newer material after his work on Summer in Nagasaki he still has great creativity. If Thorsten is busy then maybe they could hire an engineer to finish off the deed. Some of the old stuff still brings tears to the die hard fans eyes......

Geoff 8) :D :) :!: :arrow:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

If there are tapes from the 70s, TD doesn't need to bother with the remastering - just digitize the darn tapes 1:1, there are people within the TD community that probably would do the remastering for free!

If the vaults are empty - Ed, are you sure you've already looked behind the sofa? Fridge? :roll:
JD

Post by JD »

timer wrote:The promised 'Vault' releases have probably been surpassed on EF's 'To do' list. With the amount of new stuff that's been released in the past 12 months, is a massive volume of work in itself which has possibly left no time for sorting these releases. Plus not having JF about these days to work on these projects must also count in on the equation.

You have to wonder how many of the old recordings they could release legally, especially if music they wrote/played at that time was all tied up in the current record/publishing deal they had at the time. Maybe this is a reason for a lot of it not materialising ?
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

JD wrote:

You have to wonder how many of the old recordings they could release legally, especially if music they wrote/played at that time was all tied up in the current record/publishing deal they had at the time. Maybe this is a reason for a lot of it not materialising ?
A simple god damn statement from that band a decade ago could have done a lot to clear this up. the fact that there is no statement tells me that there is nothing else in the vault as well as a whole host of other things.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

What an other album again. :roll:

:arrow:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢