Vault releases

Desert_Voyager
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Vault releases

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Taximan431 wrote:Hey any of you guys think there will be more Vault releases to come ? If so what would you choose to be the next vault release ?

:D :) 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff
I hope so. I would choose a vault release of one of the 1977 concerts or Birmingham Town Hall 1975 concert. 8)

Are these ones in the vaults ?
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

rattymouse wrote:
JD wrote:
timer wrote:The promised 'Vault' releases have probably been surpassed on EF's 'To do' list. With the amount of new stuff that's been released in the past 12 months, is a massive volume of work in itself which has possibly left no time for sorting these releases. Plus not having JF about these days to work on these projects must also count in on the equation.

Im confident that Edgar has some great archive material stored away somewhere.

As other have posted id love to see Poland in it's original form with complete footage, as the footage Ive seen is very good quality, as is the sound!.
You have to wonder how many of the old recordings they could release legally, especially if music they wrote/played at that time was all tied up in the current record/publishing deal they had at the time. Maybe this is a reason for a lot of it not materialising ?
A simple god damn statement from that band a decade ago could have done a lot to clear this up. the fact that there is no statement tells me that there is nothing else in the vault as well as a whole host of other things.
The status-quo ten years ago was that there was a vast vault of recordings in a lawyer's possession in London.... since then there has been the well recorded falling-out between Franke and Froese, which I suspect is the main reason these pre-1987 recordings are not being released (anyone noticed how few pre-'87 official vault releases there have been?)
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I think Mr Franke must have a lot to do with this :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Do you think this aggrovation as any effect on what's played in any concerts?
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Yes, I think it has. I think that is why the Hyperborea title track was performed without the first half at the SBE in 1996.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Desert_Voyager wrote:Yes, I think it has. I think that is why the Hyperborea title track was performed without the first half at the SBE in 1996.
I dont get it. You, I, or anyone, could form a band and play ANYONE's music that we want at a paying gig. ANYONE's music. We could play the Beatles, Pink Floyd, RUSH, Frank Sinatra, etc. All we have to do is pay the appropriate royalties and we are free and clear to play ANYONE's music. No one, repeat NO ONE can prevent you from playing their music as long as the royalties are paid and that is a pretty small amount of money.

Heck, some entire bands do NOTHING but play other people's music. Some for big money (Australian Pink Floyd is a good example.)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

rattymouse wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:Yes, I think it has. I think that is why the Hyperborea title track was performed without the first half at the SBE in 1996.
I dont get it. You, I, or anyone, could form a band and play ANYONE's music that we want at a paying gig. ANYONE's music. We could play the Beatles, Pink Floyd, RUSH, Frank Sinatra, etc. All we have to do is pay the appropriate royalties and we are free and clear to play ANYONE's music. No one, repeat NO ONE can prevent you from playing their music as long as the royalties are paid and that is a pretty small amount of money.

Heck, some entire bands do NOTHING but play other people's music. Some for big money (Australian Pink Floyd is a good example.)
I would have thought that it would depend on getting permission from the owner of the copyright before you perfom it. :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

rattymouse wrote:

And the Australian Pink Floyd to a fantastic job of it...........a truly excellent experience 8)
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

I would have thought that it would depend on getting permission from the owner of the copyright before you perfom it. :arrow:
Nope, dont need it. All you have to do is pay the royalty. You can perform any song you want as long as you pay the royalty.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

And the Australian Pink Floyd to a fantastic job of it...........a truly excellent experience 8)
They are coming to Chicago very soon and playing a huge stadium. They must be good.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Ive seen them three times and every show was fantastic.........note perfect and great musicianship,even the wife enjoyed them.......

Also keep an eye out for another PF tribute band "Pulse" another excellent outfit 8)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

rattymouse wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
rattymouse wrote: I dont get it. You, I, or anyone, could form a band and play ANYONE's music that we want at a paying gig. ANYONE's music. We could play the Beatles, Pink Floyd, RUSH, Frank Sinatra, etc. All we have to do is pay the appropriate royalties and we are free and clear to play ANYONE's music. No one, repeat NO ONE can prevent you from playing their music as long as the royalties are paid and that is a pretty small amount of money.

Nope, dont need it. All you have to do is pay the royalty. You can perform any song you want as long as you pay the royalty.
:shock: If that is the case, then it must be that Edgar wouldn't want to perform the music that Mr Franke composed, since the court case. :arrow:
JD

Post by JD »

alipaul wrote:Do you think this aggrovation as any effect on what's played in any concerts?
I dont think so because they always play Force Majeur ..the famous part too where Franke was said to have taken 3 days perfecting the sequencing, plus all the other classics they play at every gig. I doubt that Chris Franke would have any say about releasing the archive stuff too, he was a band member, he wasnt the publisher or copyright owner.

Wasn't it more a case that Franke had the archive recordings and wouldnt give them back ?
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

The middle section of Dolphin Dance was cut from TD Vault IV. It was Franke's part that was cut.
JD

Post by JD »

Desert_Voyager wrote:The middle section of Dolphin Dance was cut from TD vault 4. It was Franke's part that was cut.
How do you know it was Franke's part ?

besides, isnt it more likely that Edgar would not play any parts that involved Franke so he wouldnt get any royalties ?
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush