Orange Odyssey DVD

tdfan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Orange Odyssey DVD

Post by tdfan »

The DVD was sold at the concert, right? Now I'm curious.. what are your first impressions?
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Yes, it was on sale....I skipped through my copy earlier this evening...seems fine, usual sort of camerawork and editing style, shot on HDV again so it's not full hi-def. In fact, the crowd shots filmed from a crane look like standard defintion to me, as do the shots taken from a locked-off camera near Iris. I noticed a crane at Frankfurt last night, and the camera mounted on it was very small, possibly just mini-dv. The DVD captures the lasers nicely though, and it's a good band performance. Again there seems to be a problem with hearing Iris sometimes...often you can hear what she's doing, other times there's nothing in the audio to correlate with what we're seeing. There don't seem to be any graphics edited into the footage, which sometimes works well on other DVDs. There are no extras on the disc. Enjoyable enough though, and certainly worth buying.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I’ll Be Missing that one too. :(

Note:Again not looking forward Enjoy watch it on DVD guy’s.

:arrow:
Last edited by Laserdisc Dream on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

Orange Odyssey is a clear look back at a great show, a beautiful memory for the ones who (like me) were there and worthwhile to listen and to see for everyone who unfortunately could not be there.
The funny situation at the beginning - you remember:
elgreco wrote: One funny details though : at the start of the performance, the music began (Girls on the stairs) on the precise moment when the speaker was also beginning his word introduction to the the band. So the speaker remained a few moments on the stage, while the curtains were falling, wondering what was happening and what he has to do. Edgar also seemed a little surprised to see him still on stage. And after 3 words and 5 seconds of hesitation, he left the stage (kind of put out)...
- was bridged by slow motion pictures elegantly.
In some scenes I would have wanted another (not so much) picture cut. For example in "Stratosfear" the central figures were the guitarists and it would have been more enjoyable for me, if one could see more of the guitarwork but permanently changing pictures between all musicians.
All in all: the DVD is very enjoyable and a great item for the collection. I am very content.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Watched this yesterday as i didn't go to the actual concert.
Actually not too bad at all it would have been dramatically improved if the the recording was as good as Tempodrom.
Other than that looked like as superb set
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Are there much flashing / flickering in the light show? I found the last few songs (the encores) on the Tempodrome DVD a bit annoying in that regard. Especially that strobe light effect during House of the rising sun.

If you only could afford one of Orange Odyssey or London Astoria Club Consert, which one would you choose? (I already own the MadCap DVD+CD and from what I understand the first half of the Astoria performance did sound almost nearly as good to that?).

Also, a couple of screenshots from the DVD would be much appreciated... :)
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Looking forward to getting my copy now that the assholes that are the royal mail have stopped fricking striking for the time being.
For those that have already seen the DVD is there much shown of the ladies in white? Iris and Linda looked pretty damn fine in the pictures I've seen so I'm hoping the camera man was of the same opinion as me and got plenty of footage....
redziller

Post by redziller »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:Looking forward to getting my copy now that the assholes that are the royal mail have stopped fricking striking for the time being.
For those that have already seen the DVD is there much shown of the ladies in white? Iris and Linda looked pretty damn fine in the pictures I've seen so I'm hoping the camera man was of the same opinion as me and got plenty of footage....
And legsage and armsage and... :roll:
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

A question for UK fans... Has anyone received their DVD thru the post yet?
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:A question for UK fans... Has anyone received their DVD thru the post yet?
They only started shipping on the 8th.
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:A question for UK fans... Has anyone received their DVD thru the post yet?
No. It's early days yet. We live in the sticks and it always takes a little longer. That and the postal strike and I figure I'll be very lucky to see it before the weeks out.
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:( :( I ordered a Zoom O on the 11th September and it ain't arrived yet. I'm a WORRIED man :( :(
timer

Post by timer »

prophetfive wrote::( :( I ordered a Zoom O on the 11th September and it ain't arrived yet. I'm a WORRIED man :( :(

I had two ordered for my birthday back in Feb - they arrived within two weeks of ordering - get onto Eastgate Ron.
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D E-mailed them earlier Tim. Awaiting a response. Good to meet up with You and Carmen at the weekend. I wish we were all still in Frankfurt. Great pics on your site too. Will come back to you re some copies. mate. :D :D :wink: :arrow: