ONE NIGHT IN SPACE CD

exit81
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

ONE NIGHT IN SPACE CD

Post by exit81 »

TANGERINE DREAM - ONE NIGHT IN SPACE

TOTAL RUNING TIME - 12.18

01. ONE NIGHT IN SPACE 6.56
02. I COULD HEAR IT WHEN THE MOON COLLAPSED ON BROADWAY 5.20

Composed and performed by Edgar Froese, 2007

One Night In Space was played last night in Frankfurt, with Bernhard's guitar replacing the lead synth. It's a nice, up-tempo piece, fairly simple in structure and quite typical of TD's current output. It starts off sounding like a soundtrack piece from the late 80's, with a repeating, 4-note bassline and slap-bass! Beats are punchy, with layers of rapid percussion and traditional chord structures. This has a very full sound and lush production, and is really suited to being a good live track.

Track 2 (we'll just call it that!) starts of with a bizarre kind of stuttering rhythm before the drums and synth pads quickly kick in bring some sense of order. This is the slower of the two pieces, more relaxed with a striking, swirling lead line rooted in a human voice. As is quite typical of Edgar's work, once the rhythm is established, it doesn't change too much. Synths effects and other layers come and go, adding different colours to the track...but the momentum remains the same. This pieces ends very quickly, just when you were hoping it would carry on, so be warned!

Neither track are anything massivley new or ground-breaking, but both have their different qualities, and are certainly indicative of the upturn in the quality of TD's output. Both pieces are really well produced, with lots of subtle layers and instruments vying for your attention. Definitely worth getting.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Just played this not too bad SWSIS still has the edge for me
Liked the beggining on track 2 different start to a track most welcome
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

As we are still in Frankfurt I will have to wait till tonight to get a listen but you keep me guessing guys..

Stay safe

:D 8) :) :arrow: :!: Geoff
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

this cd imho, continues the solid tradition of the limited e.p. releases. It is short and to thepoint, great sounding and quite addictive, im playing it constantly. While its not as immediately surprising as SWSIS, its pretty damn good.

TD are firing off greatt release after great release :D

and we only have a month to go to A. I. H :D 8)
...The wise.....are silent.....
JD

Post by JD »

I just realised what a great idea Edgar had with these EPs, you write an albums worth of material and release it in segments for 6 euros each, you can get maybe 6 EPs out of an 73 minute album so its like selling 1 album for 36 euros with the option of releasing the tracks again on different CDs.
:D
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

JD wrote:I just realised what a great idea Edgar had with these EPs, you write an albums worth of material and release it in segments for 6 euros each, you can get maybe 6 EPs out of an 73 minute album so its like selling 1 album for 36 euros with the option of releasing the tracks again on different CDs.
Very smart business sense from EF and eastgate :arrow: i do like the ep's very much 8)
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I like the EPs too. It's a bit like collecting stamps printed for special occasions. :wink:

My wish would be that they discover the EPs as a kind of playground: Why not release "strange" experimental tracks they'd never dare releasing as the next official CD on an EP instead, for testing the waters? Or unpolished, fun studio sessions. Or acoustic tracks. Rubycon played on a comb. Or Edgar playing something by Bach on a recorder, with Johannes on church organ. Possibilities are endless! :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Michael66 wrote:I like the EPs too. It's a bit like collecting stamps printed for special occasions. :wink:

My wish would be that they discover the EPs as a kind of playground: Why not release "strange" experimental tracks they'd never dare releasing as the next official CD on an EP instead, for testing the waters? Or unpolished, fun studio sessions. Or acoustic tracks. Rubycon played on a comb. Or Edgar playing something by Bach on a recorder, with Johannes on church organ. Possibilities are endless! :)
Rubycon played on a comb :shock: :o :arrow: :mrgreen: got to give that a try :wink:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

JD wrote:I just realised what a great idea Edgar had with these EPs, you write an albums worth of material and release it in segments for 6 euros each, you can get maybe 6 EPs out of an 73 minute album so its like selling 1 album for 36 euros with the option of releasing the tracks again on different CDs.
36 Euros for a single CD. That is really screwing the fans.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

rattymouse wrote:
36 Euros for a single CD. That is really screwing the fans.
There was nothing to that cost for a single CD whatsoever at the merch stall.................
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

6 euros for the ep was an effin bargain imho....top music...

the ep is as the others, superb snapshots of current edgar/tang music

i for one rate the current output at least as good as the eighties :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:6 euros for the ep was an effin bargain imho....top music...

the ep is as the others, superb snapshots of current edgar/tang music

i for one rate the current output at least as good as the eighties :arrow:
Totally agree 6 euros is as you say "an effin bargain" for the EPs :arrow: if people are going to complain about that they must be tighter than Iris and Linda's trousers :roll:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

6 euros (£4.50) is a very fair price for an EP. I paid £10 for an album called Rubycon, in 1995 :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Desert_Voyager wrote:6 Euros (£4.50) is a very fair price for an EP. I paid £10 for an album called Rubycon, in 1995 :arrow:
Hmm ive paid around several hundred pounds for different pressings of Rubycon,if they cost thousands and i had the money i,d pay it....... its that good :arrow:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

epsilon75 wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:6 Euros (£4.50) is a very fair price for an EP. I paid £10 for an album called Rubycon, in 1995 :arrow:
Hmm ive paid around several hundred pounds for different pressings of Rubycon,if they cost thousands and i had the money i,d pay it....... its that good :arrow:
It's the quality of the music that matters much more than the leangh of it. I like the TD EP CDs. :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”