TD's greatest guitar solo?

exit81
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD's greatest guitar solo?

Post by exit81 »

Just listening to A Dream Of Death from MFD, and in particular the brilliant guitar work on it, got me thinking...what do you lot reckon might be TD's greatest guitar moment? Bernhard Biebl's work on this track is right up there I reckon, powerful and really soulful. It's hard to beat Song Of The Whale Part 1 though!!
epsilon75

Re: TD's greatest guitar solo?

Post by epsilon75 »

exit81 wrote:Just listening to A Dream Of Death from MFD, and in particular the brilliant guitar work on it, got me thinking...what do you lot reckon might be TD's greatest guitar moment? Bernhard Biebl's work on this track is right up there I reckon, powerful and really soulful. It's hard to beat Song Of The Whale Part 1 though!!
As you say Chris ADOD really has some wonderful guitar work from BB,i think BB is a great capture for the band.
Im quite fond of a lot of Zlatko's guitar work from the 92-94 era especially the "Rockoon" title track and "Firetongues" from TOTT.

EFs favorite pieces within TD for me are "Green Desert" all the "Force Majeure" parts, Underwater Sunlight SOTW,Optical Race parts and the sublime "Eletric Lion" off Melrose and of course "Hamlet"........ His most exilerating loud madness must be "Detroit 77" he just throws everything in the stew 8) :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

My vote goes to "Coldwater Canyon" and "Grind." Of course, the guitar-work in Grind is more a composed part than an improvised solo, but it's excellent nevertheless.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Hamlet really moves me.
JD

Post by JD »

For me it has to be anything by Edgar as his guitar sound and playing style sum up a huge part of the classic TD sound for me.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
rattymouse

Re: TD's greatest guitar solo?

Post by rattymouse »

exit81 wrote:Just listening to A Dream Of Death from MFD, and in particular the brilliant guitar work on it, got me thinking...what do you lot reckon might be TD's greatest guitar moment? Bernhard Biebl's work on this track is right up there I reckon, powerful and really soulful. It's hard to beat Song Of The Whale Part 1 though!!
Pergamon, Part II
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Maybe London is the best.... All of my favourites are Coldwater Canyon, Pergamon Part II, The Looser, Song of the Whale, Underwater Twilight, London, Crystal Curfew, Electric Lion, Sun Gate, Eagle's Crest, and One hour of Madness and Joy.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I always had a soft spot for Backstreet Hero..the Arizona version.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:I always had a soft spot for Backstreet Hero..the Arizona version.
Great work from Jerome there 8) :D
exit81

Post by exit81 »

I've always liked EF's work on Too cold For My Chinchilla, but one of my fav EF live solos has always been Cool Breeze Of Brighton....his solo, combined with the awesome sequencer and drums backing, plus the flames on the projection screen behind the band... phew! His guitar sounds like it's in physcial pain as that solo progresses....brilliant !!
Last edited by exit81 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I must say the solo on "Ride on the Ray" at the Tempodrom was really superb but sadly missing on the DVD :cry:
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Thank God for audience recordings !! :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

exit81 wrote:Thank God for audience recordings !! :D
:shock: :o :arrow: :wink: :wink:
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Odd...in my above post I'd typed Too cold For My Chinchilla (just double checked it too)...but in the posted version it says Too COLD.....???? WTF? :?:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

You have to spell H-ot like that Chris............its been doctored :mrgreen: