TD's greatest guitar solo?

exit81
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by exit81 »

I reckon they're censoring all the Welsh posts for sheep expletives too ! :shock:
24db

Post by 24db »

exit81 wrote:I reckon they're censoring all the Welsh posts for sheep expletives too ! :shock:
bah!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

exit81 wrote:I reckon they're censoring all the Welsh posts for sheep expletives too ! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :mrgreen: S-heep
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
exit81

Post by exit81 »

www.ewes4u.com

No, they didn't censor that !! :D
razor

Post by razor »

I vote for the awesome guitar riffs in Song of the Whale pt 1&2 and Cool Breeze of Brighton. :)
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

'Song Of The Whale Part 2' hands down, but also for anyone (everyone?) that has live recordings from late '81 early '82 tours, check also "Bondi Parade" -nice solos and a nice hypnotic track.
Cheers

P.S. Nice guitar work on 'Force Majeure' album also
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

Pergamon.......Quichotte PT. II..........without a doubt, hands down, and it clocks in at 9:10..........Edgar rips a guitar solo here that is blissfully dangerous
24db

Post by 24db »

greatest guitar? all of it!!!!!!!!
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

24db wrote:greatest guitar? all of it!!!!!!!!
Andy, I'm inclined to agree with you, but why has no-one mentioned the incredible guitar solo on Ricochet Pt1? It's agonised and I find myself seriously moved every time I hear it! Maybe it's too old now and is below the radar..
24db

Post by 24db »

DSJR wrote:
Andy, I'm inclined to agree with you, but why has no-one mentioned the incredible guitar solo on Ricochet Pt1? It's agonised and I find myself seriously moved every time I hear it! Maybe it's too old now and is below the radar..
Maybe mate...to be honest I find the whole which 'bit' of TD's music you like more anything else a bit...well....let's just call it, um...too hard...or 'for me' a thought process that goes nowhere. You might as well ask which album has the best Hi-Hat sound or the album cover that has the best shade of RED on it. The guitar is part of TD, and (although I'm prone to it myself) if you over analyse things, and dissect things, then like a kid with their toy you end up breaking it, or perhaps better said, taking a certain level of magic out of the whole process of enjoying music.
I find it a bit like (and you'll be the one to say if this is right or wrong) where you try loads and loads of Hi-Fi seperates...you can get to the stage of no-longer listening to the music, feeling the emotions and start to listen to the process, the technical side of things...then the music is secondary.

I can tell you what my favourite record is...approx this week....but anything more than that would be BS
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

24db wrote:
DSJR wrote:
Maybe mate...to be honest I find the whole which 'bit' of TD's music you like more anything else a bit...well....let's just call it, um...too hard...or 'for me' a thought process that goes nowhere. You might as well ask which album has the best Hi-Hat sound or the album cover that has the best shade of RED on it. The guitar is part of TD, and (although I'm prone to it myself) if you over analyse things, and dissect things, then like a kid with their toy you end up breaking it, or perhaps better said, taking a certain level of magic out of the whole process of enjoying music.
I find it a bit like (and you'll be the one to say if this is right or wrong) where you try loads and loads of Hi-Fi seperates...you can get to the stage of no-longer listening to the music, feeling the emotions and start to listen to the process, the technical side of things...then the music is secondary.

I can tell you what my favourite record is...approx this week....but anything more than that would be BS
Yeah! I got "demo'd out" on a regular basis for many years......

I love listening to music of all kinds on all kinds of plays fantastically gear - the music is what drives me (a better sound system helps me to feel the music better though) and currently, I need TD's musical output/input more than ever...

I can't say this enough - THANKS EDGAR!!!!!!!
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

DSJR wrote:
24db wrote:
DSJR wrote: Andy, I'm inclined to agree with you, but why has no-one mentioned the incredible guitar solo on Ricochet Pt1? It's agonised and I find myself seriously moved every time I hear it! Maybe it's too old now and is below the radar..

Yeah! I got "demo'd out" on a regular basis for many years......

I love listening to music of all kinds on all kinds of plays fantastically gear - the music is what drives me (a better sound system helps me to feel the music better though) and currently, I need TD's musical output/input more than ever...

I can't say this enough - THANKS EDGAR!!!!!!!
I'll be inclined to agrre with you on this one..........
razor

Post by razor »

Yes, offcourse all of them are great. I agree with you there. But If I do have to choose a riff then it had to be those from Song of the Whale pt1&2 :)
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

rare bird riff at the astoria knocked me out; however, coldwater canyon has to be the best axe work.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
timer

Post by timer »

Still think the solo's from MFD - Dream of Death & One Hour of Madness show so much emotion.

I cannot dismiss Coldwater Canyon as one of my all time favourite guitar works- EF Thanks.