TD's greatest guitar solo?

Froesesque
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Froesesque »

I love the solo to 'One hour of madness' too which has to be one of the best if not the best guitar performances of all time.

I just get palpitations when I see Edgar launch into his part on the Astoria gig DVD. That's got to be one of the highlights of that gig, excellent! :D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Froesesque wrote:I love the solo to 'One hour of madness' too which has to be one of the best if not the best guitar performances of all time.

I just get palpitations when I see Edgar launch into his part on the Astoria gig DVD. That's got to be one of the highlights of that gig, excellent! :D
I feel the same way, that part is one of the musical highlights of my life. 8)

Edgar's new guitar solo on Sphinx Lightning was mindblowing, aswell.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Froesesque wrote:I love the solo to 'One hour of madness' too which has to be one of the best if not the best guitar performances of all time.

Yeah, I could see the lumps in the throats of some of the onlookers in the audience during Sphinx Lightning on the DVD
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Froesesque wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:

Yeah, I could see the lumps in the throats of some of the onlookers in the audience during Sphinx Lightning on the DVD
Me being one...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Nebula

Post by Nebula »

I'm amazed 'Cloudburst Flight' hasn't been mentioned yet. Even with all the fantastic playing, it's still amazing. :D
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

Nebula wrote:I'm amazed 'Cloudburst Flight' hasn't been mentioned yet. Even with all the fantastic playing, it's still amazing. :D
Gotta agree with you there, Nebula. It's one of Edgar's best. And the abrupt shift from the shrill wailing of the guitar to the flute-like melody that leads us out of the song just sends chills up the spine.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
24db

Post by 24db »

Ulrich Schnauss's favourite album :)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:Ulrich Schnauss's favourite album :)
+ mine!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

rotwang wrote:
Nebula wrote:I'm amazed 'Cloudburst Flight' hasn't been mentioned yet. Even with all the fantastic playing, it's still amazing. :D
Gotta agree with you there, Nebula. It's one of Edgar's best. And the abrupt shift from the shrill wailing of the guitar to the flute-like melody that leads us out of the song just sends chills up the spine.
Love that solo. The way the guitar just shifts from a high pitched lead line to big low chords is just pure magic.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:Ulrich Schnauss's favourite album :)
+ mine!
shame I didn't include Ulrich's vote in my poll :D