Orange Odyssey DVD

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:DVD and other goodies turned up this morning - a TD weekend it shall be ! :)
Left for work early this morning before postie had arrived. I'm currently on a 24 hour shift so won't know if it's arrived till tomorrow by which time I'll be too tired to watch it.

PS The 24 hour shift is entirely my fault. Two rotas coincided and I had know where to swap either one to. :roll:
I hope they give you a generous break in this long working period !.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:DVD and other goodies turned up this morning - a TD weekend it shall be ! :)
Left for work early this morning before postie had arrived. I'm currently on a 24 hour shift so won't know if it's arrived till tomorrow by which time I'll be too tired to watch it.

PS The 24 hour shift is entirely my fault. Two rotas coincided and I had know where to swap either one to. :roll:
Best of luck Chris...........we are not allowed to work more than 16 continuous hours at our place including breaks :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

Best of luck Chris...........we are not allowed to work more than 16 continuous hours at our place including breaks :arrow:
Legally we're not either.... and thereby hangs a tale of management incompetence that's soooooo long and boring.....I'll not trouble you with it.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

I hope they give you a generous break in this long working period !.
was hoping for a break during the rugby... but I've just been to the Emergency Department and they're out-the-door. Bizarrely my next door neighbour was also there with his Dad.
timer

Post by timer »

Watched the DoovDee last night - total silence in this house for 1 hr 55mins - Excellent concert, fabulous renditions of tracks.
Must say the guitars seen a bit high in the mix, but thats falls into insignificance when Bernhard and Gerald start harmonising on things like dominion.

Am now upset I didn't go !.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

DVD finally here but I'm not allowed to watch it. :evil:
Got to take the kids up to the park to burn off some steam. :evil: :evil:
Then we've got the In-Laws coming around for Sunday lunch and I bet they don't leave until late. :evil: :evil: :evil:
After drinking all my wine. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Man ....I need my TD fix. :twisted:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Chris Monk wrote:DVD finally here but I'm not allowed to watch it. :evil:
Then we've got the In-Laws coming around for Sunday lunch and I bet they don't leave until late. :evil: :evil: :evil:

:idea: What you need is a portable DVD player, Chris.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:DVD finally here but I'm not allowed to watch it. :evil:

:idea: What you need is a portable DVD player, Chris.
No. I can't imagine for a minute I'd be allowed to get a way with that. I've taken tomorrow off work and my days my own. So it'll probably be TD and beers. :D
24db

Post by 24db »

No sign of my DVD yet...so I downloaded the mp3's :) hmmmm :D the new version of Purple Haze is funky ;)
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

I have managed to see a few selected tracks this afternoon, looks like a great concert, great choice of tracks, especially Stratosfear excellent rendition.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hyperboreauk wrote:I have managed to see a few selected tracks this afternoon, looks like a great concert, great choice of tracks, especially Stratosfear excellent rendition.
Gary
I very much look forward to my arrival on tuesday............i hope the postie is on time :arrow:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

The kids at their grandparents and my wife is at work. :D

The DVD is in player and the TV is cranked up loud. :D

An utterly brilliant show. A great selection of old and new material given a modern brush-up by the members of the band. There are lots of stand-out moments, in fact too numerous to mention, but I particular like the new version of Dominion, the new new version of Stratosfear, Bells of Accra, etc, etc, ....and the list goes on.

Special mention must go to Berhard and Gerald for some outstanding guitar, Linda for sax, flute, etc, Iris for drums and percussion, Thorsten for keys and, of course Edgar for being...... well Edgar. So that would be everyone then. A band firing on all cylinders.

Can't help but think I missed out on one hell of a show in Berlin last July.

Thank goodness I had the kahoonas and good sense to go to Frankfurt. Can't wait for that to make it's appearance on DVD.
ant

Post by ant »

:D Got all my goodies this morning on my return to work after a week off at home doing decorating etc. Had been putting the blame on Royal Mail but it obviously arrived last week sometime. I had asked the guys in our postroom to forward it by courier to my home but they obviously forgot and it's been sitting in my 'in tray' for probably a week when I could have been watching and listening to them!! That's them off my Christmas Card list. Anyway - I think I know what I will be doing this evening - feet up, beer in hand and a few hours of TD magic - and Iris's rear I hope!!

Can't wait.

Dreamin' all the time. :D :D :D
Biggus Dickus
24db

Post by 24db »

Finally got it today :) screen grabs online soon
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Finally got it today :) screen grabs online soon
Im hoping mine is here by tomorrow............im becoming very impatient :roll: :arrow: