Orange Odyssey DVD

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by sparrow »

The only thing missing from this dvd is Colin. It's not the same not seeing him at the front with his head bobbing up & down. :wink: :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:The only thing missing from this dvd is Colin. It's not the same not seeing him at the front with his head bobbing up & down. :wink: :D
:oops: :oops: Cant help myself John,that music holds some special powers :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:Overall the DVD is really good, for me the stand out tracks are Rare Bird, Dominion, Stratosfear and (shock-horror) the new funky version of Purple Haze (one in the eye for the grizzlies ;))
I wasn't expecting to like this DVD as much as Tempodrom and Astoria but I actually think it's great and probably superior to Tempodrom. I think that the band seem to be playing better together than they did on Tempodrom and appear to be having more fun.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:Best of luck Colin

the quality looks pretty good (Un-colour corrected or sharpened screen grab):

Spooky.
I did some screen grabs from the DVD today for some wallpaper for my PC at work. The first image I took was this one exactly.
spooky :D
Not sure why I'm bothering, the last time I did this I got a whole barrage of abuse.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
sparrow wrote:The only thing missing from this dvd is Colin. It's not the same not seeing him at the front with his head bobbing up & down. :wink: :D
:oops: :oops: Cant help myself John,that music holds some special powers :wink:
I want some rhythmic gum chewing! ;)

A gig without Colin? unthinkable!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:Overall the DVD is really good, for me the stand out tracks are Rare Bird, Dominion, Stratosfear and (shock-horror) the new funky version of Purple Haze (one in the eye for the grizzlies ;))
I wasn't expecting to like this DVD as much as Tempodrom and Astoria but I actually think it's great and probably superior to Tempodrom. I think that the band seem to be playing better together than they did on Tempodrom and appear to be having more fun.
shame none of the astoria gig is live though.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

cantosis wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
I'm sure that the singing was live in the first half, and that most of the instruments were live in the second half.... when all of the instruments sounded more distinctive, and I could see Thorsten playing alot.....
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: I wasn't expecting to like this DVD as much as Tempodrom and Astoria but I actually think it's great and probably superior to Tempodrom. I think that the band seem to be playing better together than they did on Tempodrom and appear to be having more fun.
I'm sure that the singing was live in the first half, and that most of the instruments were live in the second half.... when all of the instruments sounded more distinctive, and I could see Thorsten playing alot.....

Singing definately was not live, I was a bit gutted about that, even the likes of pop bands like Westlife or Take That sing live nowdays. I dont expect everything to be 100% live but if your seeing a live band in ocncert with singing you would expect it to be live vocals.
24db

Post by 24db »

I know 'something' about this...but I'm not allowed to say ;)...honest
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:I know 'something' about this...but I'm not allowed to say ;)...honest

You know something about what?
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
cantosis wrote: shame none of the astoria gig is live though.

Singing definately was not live, I was a bit gutted about that, even the likes of pop bands like Westlife or Take That sing live nowdays. I dont expect everything to be 100% live but if your seeing a live band in ocncert with singing you would expect it to be live vocals.
If you know that I am wrong, it would be good if you could let me know how you know? :arrow:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:I know 'something' about this...but I'm not allowed to say ;)...honest
I know what you are mean.
Last edited by Desert_Voyager on Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: I'm sure that the singing was live in the first half, and that most of the instruments were live in the second half.... when all of the instruments sounded more distinctive, and I could see Thorsten playing alot.....

If you know that I am wrong, it would be good if you could let me know how you know? :arrow:

Well its just my opinion. after watching the astoria DVD his singing sounds nearly as good to the CD, its highly unlikely he is this good a singer
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Also if the vocals at the astoria gig were live I am sure Einstiens Barber would be on here to correct me ;)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
cantosis wrote:

Well its just my opinion. after watching the astoria DVD his singing sounds nearly as good to the CD, its highly unlikely he is this good a singer
I was there about six people away from the stage, I have the Astoria DVD and the studio album to compare. The differences in singing are there in an A/B comparison, and also, his posture while he was singing shown that he really was singing, so I am sure that the singing was live. Were you there aswell?