Tangram

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Theo
Im hugely excited by this brilliance..............Class
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
batman

Post by batman »

epsilon75 wrote:Theo
Im hugely excited by this brilliance..............Class
I know Colin.....
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

yes a superb album. I feel you can really here Schmoelling`s influence on this album. I first heard it bits of this album in Risky Business, thats how I got into TD
har

Post by har »

One of my favourites.

That opening sequence gets me everytime. Classic.

Wonder how many hundreds of times I've played Tangram!
hansx

Post by hansx »

It certainly is one of my favourits. Guess all fans have that feeling. I still play it from time to time. Indeed set 1 is the best part for me. I hope that TD will release sometime a dolby surround version of it. I love to hear this one through all the boxes. And sitting in the middle of it...Who needs a joint then, when listening to this kind of music? :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

hansx wrote:It certainly is one of my favourits. Guess all fans have that feeling. I still play it from time to time. Indeed set 1 is the best part for me. I hope that TD will release sometime a dolby surround version of it. I love to hear this one through all the boxes. And sitting in the middle of it...Who needs a joint then, when listening to this kind of music? :D
I agree,that would be a stupendous listening experience and no added ingredient would be needed 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I Can’t give you any music Movement for Tangram.
I can’t post on the forum and it look like it too starts all over again.
:roll:

:!: :arrow:
JD

Post by JD »

was never a huge fan of this album, it has some great moments but always sounded a little cheap ??
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
hansx

Post by hansx »

JD wrote:was never a huge fan of this album, it has some great moments but always sounded a little cheap ??
Cheap? What do you mean with cheap? My underpants are cheap, but not Tangram. :oops: :)
JD

Post by JD »

hansx wrote:
JD wrote:was never a huge fan of this album, it has some great moments but always sounded a little cheap ??
Cheap? What do you mean with cheap? My underpants are cheap, but not Tangram. :oops: :)
some of the instruments ...like in the piccolo/march section sound a bit casio organ ;)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
hansx

Post by hansx »

JD wrote:
hansx wrote:
some of the instruments ...like in the piccolo/march section sound a bit casio organ ;)
Guess that is the charme of that time.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

JD wrote:
hansx wrote:
It's funny how some sounds date, and others don't. I remember 'Lily on the Beach' sounding so fresh and new, but I find it rather thin on the ground now.

I have a soft spot for Tangram. It was the album that confirmed I was on the right track with TD, having first bought Poland. It still has the capacity to completely take me over - having to stop what ever I'm doing and sit down.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
JD

Post by JD »

billythefish wrote:
JD wrote:
hansx wrote: Cheap? What do you mean with cheap? My underpants are cheap, but not Tangram. :oops: :)
It's funny how some sounds date, and others don't. I remember 'Lily on the Beach' sounding so fresh and new, but I find it rather thin on the ground now.

I have a soft spot for Tangram. It was the album that confirmed I was on the right track with TD, having first bought Poland. It still has the capacity to completely take me over - having to stop what ever I'm doing and sit down.
Yeah thats very true because albums like Le-Parc and Exit seem timeless ...but White Eagle is quite dated in comparison too (not the title track)
hansx

Post by hansx »

JD wrote:
billythefish wrote:
JD wrote: some of the instruments ...like in the piccolo/march section sound a bit casio organ ;)

Yeah thats very true because albums like Le-Parc and Exit seem timeless ...but White Eagle is quite dated in comparison too (not the title track)
Yep, but Tangram is also timeless, concerning to me. have to be, if you play something frequently after so many years.
JD

Post by JD »

hansx wrote:
JD wrote:
billythefish wrote: It's funny how some sounds date, and others don't. I remember 'Lily on the Beach' sounding so fresh and new, but I find it rather thin on the ground now.

Yep, but Tangram is also timeless, concerning to me. have to be, if you play something frequently after so many years.
Yes thats true but I meant timeless in the sense that it could have been produced this year, or recently and nobody would question it or say its dated.