Orange Odyssey DVD

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

JD wrote:
24db wrote:
JD wrote: The old forum was closed down for this not playing topic once ...if my memory serves me right ...and there's no guarentee of that ;)
but ...although you say your bored with it, this is more to do with a particular gig isnt it, rather than in general ?
I can see what you mean JD, there is a slight difference...but the level of discussion is basically the same...A says it's played, B argues that it's live. As with most things regarding TD, the real truth is probably far more complex than it first appears.

I should add that one of Edgar's only posts on the forum was about this subject, so whatever you might think is the truth, it shows that it matters to him.

Anyway ...what do I care ...I'm not going to any more live gigs anyhow.

why not go to anymore gigs?
JD

Post by JD »

because of the above ...and because of my post about the live players/percussion etc http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/forum/index_ad.php (2nd to last post)

sad but true .....
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

JD wrote:because of the above ...and because of my post about the live players/percussion etc http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/forum/index_ad.php (2nd to last post)

sad but true .....

But you still want Edgar for president? :D
JD

Post by JD »

cantosis wrote:
JD wrote:because of the above ...and because of my post about the live players/percussion etc http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/forum/index_ad.php (2nd to last post)

sad but true .....

I still like his music, just not his choice of stage performers :)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

JD wrote:
cantosis wrote:

sad but true .....

I still like his music, just not his choice of stage performers :)

I still find going to a TD an amazing experience even though I have the odd gripe or two. They cant please everyone so I accept that.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

JD wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: It's good that you have an opinion aswell. Let's leave it at that.

I must say that the lack of opinion from the other regular forum members who were there, regarding whether the singing was live, is incredible..... and yet there is oh.... so much to say about the weather, curry, and ball games, in the general section :)

Maybe why a lot of TD fans dont use this forum ;)

its because you are broaching upon the forbidden subject ...regulars are terrified of it because in the past its shut the forum down, and many have already stated they dont care anyway, they are happy just to be in a room with their heroes, although i'd guess thats the opinion of a minority of the people that attend the gigs ?
Very true JD. I was there, I have an opinion but I sure as heck won't by stepping into the firing line. I don't think it's a forbidden subject, it's just a conversation that goes nowhere. Many of us have seen this subject come up time and time again and it always goes the same way. I guess we are all thinking "not again".
timer

Post by timer »

[quote="Desert_Voyager"

I must say that the lack of opinion from the other regular forum members who were there, regarding whether the singing was live, is incredible..... and yet there is oh.... so much to say about the weather, curry, and ball games, in the general section :)[/quote]

Forums, aren't they supposed to be a place for individuals to express opinions, and if they then choose to write about what they had in last night Nann bread, as against repeating threads that have been done to death is again an individuals choice.

I respect everyone's individual opinion on this forum, I can honestly say I don't agree with a lot of them, but I do respect.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Well.....I, BM, was not at the Orange DVD gig, but I attended the Frankfurt gig...as you all well know...as well as many previous TD concert events....

...now.....from where I sat in the Alte Oper.....I only heard the music.....but as far as Im concerned...how the music was created makes no difference.

but , A priori, TD played their music LIVE, and via 'plays fantastically'

so what.. :D

yours ever yours, BM
...The wise.....are silent.....
JD

Post by JD »

Chris Monk wrote:
JD wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Maybe why a lot of TD fans dont use this forum ;)

its because you are broaching upon the forbidden subject ...regulars are terrified of it because in the past its shut the forum down, and many have already stated they dont care anyway, they are happy just to be in a room with their heroes, although i'd guess thats the opinion of a minority of the people that attend the gigs ?
Very true JD. I was there, I have an opinion but I sure as heck won't by stepping into the firing line. I don't think it's a forbidden subject, it's just a conversation that goes nowhere. Many of us have seen this subject come up time and time again and it always goes the same way. I guess we are all thinking "not again".

but really there are so many subjects on here that are repeated time and again, usually somebody else's opinion on how great/bad a particular album is etc ..Its interesting you said you wont be stepping into the firing line ...why is it a firing line if its a topic thats not frowned upon ?? ;)

Personally I think its a valid topic because although its a subject that rears its head after most TD gigs ...in this case its concert specific, and vocals specific , I dont see that it differs in validity than comments or threads about the latest releases with endless glowing praise of Edgar ...some other members might read the other threads and also be thinking "not again" ;)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

timer wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
I must say that the lack of opinion from the other regular forum members who were there, regarding whether the singing was live, is incredible..... and yet there is oh.... so much to say about the weather, curry, and ball games, in the general section :)

Forums, aren't they supposed to be a place for individuals to express opinions, and if they then choose to write about what they had in last night Nann bread, as against repeating threads that have been done to death is again an individuals choice.

I respect everyone's individual opinion on this forum, I can honestly say I don't agree with a lot of them, but I do respect.
What a condescending reply..... :wink:

and I didn't know that debating the live singing at the Astoria had been "done to death"? :arrow:
Last edited by Desert_Voyager on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Just watched this and its totally wonderful...........i wish i were there----You know what,Edgar will always be the greatest...... Mothers of Rain :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Just watched this and its totally wonderful...........i wish i were there----You know what,Edgar will always be the greatest...... Mothers of Rain :wink:
Excellent DVD mate, what did you think of the extended version of Stratosfear?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

You know what Andy,this is just magic! Underwater sunlight has destroyed me emotionaly.....Stratofear is just incredible...As you say my friend------------ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC :mrgreen:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:You know what Andy,this is just magic! Underwater sunlight has destroyed me emotionaly.....Stratofear is just incredible...As you say my friend------------ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC :mrgreen:
Glad you liked it mate, I listened to it on the download and thought it was ok, but the DVD brings it to another level for me. I hope TD will play this again one day,

hell even Purple Haze is good, starting with that strange synth modulation and then into a new funky version of the track...excellent stuff
JD

Post by JD »

quick lets change the subject sharpish ;) ;) ;)