Orange Odyssey DVD

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by ant »

:D I too think that Stratosfear is a cracker on this concert. I also loved the Dominion track and the encores. The rest was very good but those mentioned were definitely the highlights for me. I did find that once again Linda and Iris seemed well down in the mix most of the time which is a shame. May be deliberate but I think that sometimes you can hear so little of them that they might as well not be bothering. If I was them I would be a little bit p****d off that it keeps happening, unless at the actual gig it didn't sound that way?? Anyway, certainly another excellent DVD for the collection. Let's hope there are many more to come. Are they releasing the Frankfurt one on DVD?? :D :D
Biggus Dickus
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I do hope so and it was filmed.... I hope the sound quality will be as good as the Tempodrome DVD :)

:!: :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
24db

Post by 24db »

ant wrote::D I too think that Stratosfear is a cracker on this concert. I also loved the Dominion track and the encores. The rest was very good but those mentioned were definitely the highlights for me. I did find that once again Linda and Iris seemed well down in the mix most of the time which is a shame. May be deliberate but I think that sometimes you can hear so little of them that they might as well not be bothering. If I was them I would be a little bit p****d off that it keeps happening, unless at the actual gig it didn't sound that way?? Anyway, certainly another excellent DVD for the collection. Let's hope there are many more to come. Are they releasing the Frankfurt one on DVD?? :D :D
I'm pretty sure that all the musicians onstage can hear their own parts via foldback speakers at the correct volume, but whatever goes to the FOH mixer is turned down a tad when they record it. Perhaps (and this is a wild guess) Edgar doesn't want to spend ages mixing levels for the DVD (on earlier live CD's, eg from the 1997, Emil Hachfeld's drums were almost completely air-brushed out). I guess we'll never know.

They're running a competition for the DVD cover...so I guess we can expect a DVD of the Frankfurt gig...soon(ish)
ant

Post by ant »

:D Excellent - I do hope so. Am I right in thinking that someone said this was only about a 90 minute set or am I DREAMING!!!!!!? :D
Biggus Dickus
24db

Post by 24db »

ant wrote::D Excellent - I do hope so. Am I right in thinking that someone said this was only about a 90 minute set or am I DREAMING!!!!!!? :D
about that...which should mean (fingers crossed) a few extras...maybe
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Watched this again today and it is now my favorite of all the DVDs.......its a cracker of a show 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:Watched this again today and it is now my favorite of all the DVDs.......its a cracker of a show 8) :D
It's a great DVD CJ, but the Frankfurt one could eclipse it !, dying to know if any extra's will be going on the FFurt one i.e., the pre meet & the aftershow ! :oops:
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

I have viewed it twice now, and it is probably my favourite of the DVDs as well, alongside Inferno.

I have got to see TD live before they disband! :shock:
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Watched this again today and it is now my favorite of all the DVDs.......its a cracker of a show 8) :D
It's a great DVD CJ, but the Frankfurt one could eclipse it !, dying to know if any extra's will be going on the FFurt one i.e., the pre meet & the aftershow ! :oops:
I hope they include a few shots of the venue and surrounding area, I was very impressed with the Alte Oper
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
I very much hope that is the case Tim :idea: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
I want to see how red you went Tim ;)
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Guy’s Enjoy your DVD Concert of Orange Odyssey. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
timer wrote: It's a great DVD CJ, but the Frankfurt one could eclipse it !, dying to know if any extra's will be going on the FFurt one i.e., the pre meet & the aftershow ! :oops:
As red as he is on his avatar :mrgreen:
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
24db wrote: I want to see how red you went Tim ;)
As red as he is on his avatar :mrgreen:
:D :D :D :D Just watching O. Odyssey again. It's a brilliant set, with a good atmosphere. Can't wait for the Frankfurt show. 8) 8) :wink: :arrow: