Springtime in Nagasaki- revisionist history?

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by alipaul »

nightmare strand wrote:If there are any fingers remotely wagging the finger of hypocracy in Edgar's direction over his generalised reference to mankind's atrocities, I just thought it worth bearing in mind that Edgar by birth in not German according to the sleeve notes in the Tangents box set. He is in fact
Lithuanian although he speaks little of it, as is his right (Apologies to all if I've misquoted!). Whatever passport he holds is his own business whether he be a German or Austrian citizen. He sees himself as a citizen of the planet and may have no particular allegiances. Reading the Questions and Answers section of this site gives a fairly comprehensive insight into the sort of person Edgar is, and losing your father the way he did makes you more than qualified to comment on mankind's ability to deal in absurdity.

In my opinion, his comments on the SIN cover are mere generalisations about mankind. Edgar prefers to express his thoughts and feelings through artistic and creative avenues whatever form they take and may feel that our short time on this planet would be better served if as a race, these considerations were given more prevalence as opposed to persuing acts of destuction. I prefer to believe that this is really the only message that his sleeve comment was endorsing. Only Edgar really knows. The music speaks for itself, so Edgar should have no obligation to even comment further.

Edgar was asked to create the music on the basis that he was capable of appreciating the depth of emotion within the subject, and I don't believe for a minute that it was undertaken as a cheap swipe at America (5 albums worth would be an awful lot of creative energy invested just to make a point, especially with his schedule). Afterall if he held any deep prejudice towards America he is the sort of individual who possibly wouldn't set foot in the place in the first instant and what do we see as the latest entry in the "News" section of this site - Edgar posing for a photo in California!
Bearing in mind a lot of TD material is related/inspired by parts of america
Tracks on Melrose, Encore etc
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

nightmare strand wrote:[...] and what do we see as the latest entry in the "News" section of this site - Edgar posing for a photo in California!
Does he still need a manual for even such a tiny keyboard? :shock: :wink:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

rattymouse wrote:
rattymouse wrote:So does anyone know how much commission it takes to get TD to write an album for you? How much money did this Japanese guy pony up for 5 albums?
Someone here has got to know.
$1000 per album??
24db

Post by 24db »

Michael66 wrote:
nightmare strand wrote:[...] and what do we see as the latest entry in the "News" section of this site - Edgar posing for a photo in California!
Does he still need a manual for even such a tiny keyboard? :shock: :wink:
It's a London A-Z ;)
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

Having spent 16 months in Viet Nam, in combat, and actually surviving it would be something I might consider going into here, but about any political agenda is far from my reaches, it causes great pain.......I have dealt with it and life goes on........

The music matters here, and whatever concepts Edgar cares to write and compose for lays in his thoughts and idea's, and finally in his hands
JD

Post by JD »

I'm not sure I understand the original post ? is it wrong for Edgar to ever make a statement about war crimes because he is a German ?

Its right not to condemn an individual by past actions of their governments otherwise all of us Brits and Americans on here should hang our heads in shame for every day our governments commit war crimes by killing and maiming 1000s of innocents in the name of oil and greed.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush