paradiso & purgatorio dvd's - WHEN?

luigi
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

paradiso & purgatorio dvd's - WHEN?

Post by luigi »

does anybody know if PARADISO & PURGATORIO DVD's Will be released & if so when ?- if there is a specified date announced? :( :x
ant

Post by ant »

:) I seem to remember hearing that they were going to be released but that was some time ago now and I have heard nothing since. Hopefully they will at some point. :)
Biggus Dickus
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I want to get Purgatorio on DVD.... here's to hoping :)

:!: :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Purgatorio on DVD would be great,i really did enjoy that show :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

epsilon75 wrote:Purgatorio on DVD would be great,i really did enjoy that show :arrow:
Iris sings so beautifully on Purgatorio. Please release the DVD. :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:Purgatorio on DVD would be great,i really did enjoy that show :arrow:
Me too. Great show and quite unlike anything I've ever seen before or since.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
There were a few people who did not like this show but i really genuinely enjoyed it myself 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
There were a few people who did not like this show but i really genuinely enjoyed it myself 8)
So did I, especially about half way through after I'd relieved myself :shock:

That's the best thing about DVDs... you can press pause!
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Both London and Essen Purgatorio shows were filmed, and I'm sure the Brandenburg Paradiso shows were filmed too (with 3 shows, they'll have plenty of opportunity to film lots of coverage!). Maybe with there having been 5 DVDs worked on over the last year or so, there hasn't been any time to do the Purgatorio or Paradiso DVD yet. Fingers crossed they'll be released sometime soon, I'll certainly be buying both.
timer

Post by timer »

Bet they don't show me and the mrs walking out about 20 mins into the performance ! :oops:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I think the Paradiso dvd is too good to be unreleased, provided they did not mix different perfomances from Brandenburg and Potsdam.

I went to the two first Brandenburg shows, and they were the most live TD concerts, I've been to, with orchestra, choir, singers and EF +TQ doing nice solos...

The venue opened some hours before the show. I met with the usual suspects of fans, and carefully stepped inside. Just minutes prior to that, I saw Edgar in the merchandise booth, and could have walked in, and said hello, but that was just way to surreal to grasp. When I got in, it was like a Bianca Acquaye exhibition, sublime paintings (oil on canvas) surrounded the hall.

Schmoelling even attended one of the gigs, and it was with great anxiety I asked for squiggle on my newly purchased Sohoman disc. He asked very interestingly, what disc I was asking to be signed. While I blushed, Conrad, Geoff or Heiko N. , said it was Sydney 82. Thanks guys, I was really loss for words!

The album Paradiso was an anticlimax, due to the mixing, but the performances were wonderful, and Brandenburg is a rather depressive post-GDR location. I remember walking back from the venue seeing members from the orchestra, towards the railroad stations, while they just probably lived around the corner.

I hope one of the Brandenburg performances will be released, alongside some bonus material.
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:Bet they don't show me and the mrs walking out about 20 mins into the performance ! :oops:
lite weights! ;) we at least lasted to the end and waited for the booing (sorry Edgar! ;))
Last edited by 24db on Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:Bet they don't show me and the mrs walking out about 20 mins into the performance ! :oops:
litet weights! ;) we at least lasted to the end and waited for the booing (sorry Edgar! ;))
I had driven up that afternoon and was full of flu, this didn't help along with operatics ! Should have seen it through though.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Yeah What Happen too that . :?:

:!: :arrow:
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

It would be good to see Paradiso and Pergatorio released, I have a feeling that we are going to have a bumper Christmas hamper from the Tangs again this year!!

Get your credit cards ready

Not me though, I'm going to give my brother a list and give him the web address of the Eastgate shop and wait to see what Santa brings me!!!

:D :D :D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!