Orange Odyssey DVD

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Im going to watch it again this evening with a curry for accompaniment 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D MP3 download is very good too 8) 8) :wink: :arrow:
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Got the DVD yesterday :D

Audio quality + performance = Excellent!!!
Video quality = Acceptable. Stage is mostly lit in a cold blue light (the Tempodrom show is more colourful with computer graphics and all). However, I didn't find the flashing lasers to be annoying, they are only displayed for short periods of time and you can still see what is happening on stage.

One nice touch is the close-ups of art from the Paul Wunderlich museum in the DVD-menus (main screen, audio and track select).

My favorite songs: Lady Monk and Stratosfear
24db

Post by 24db »

tdfan wrote:Got the DVD yesterday :D

Audio quality + performance = Excellent!!!
Video quality = Acceptable. Stage is mostly lit in a cold blue light (the Tempodrom show is more colourful with computer graphics and all). However, I didn't find the flashing lasers to be annoying, they are only displayed for short periods of time and you can still see what is happening on stage.

One nice touch is the close-ups of art from the Paul Wunderlich museum in the DVD-menus (main screen, audio and track select).

My favorite songs: Lady Monk and Stratosfear
Unusual that TD used that 'cool blue' palate of colours. Their light shows normally include loads of red towards the end of the show
ant

Post by ant »

:D Watched it for the second time last evening and although still not my favourite of the so far released DVD's it still sits proud in my collection. Without a doubt Dominion and Stratosfear make the show. It is annoying to still see guys having to come on stage to correct or discuss technical problems as the show goes on. You don't see this so often at other bands gigs so why does it happen so often at TD's?? Surely these guys should be able to get the set-up right before it starts by now!! Not only the guys walking on but also several times you see Edgar and Bernhard pointing and making signs at the technicians etc. To me it takes away the 'professional' status that you would expect from a band that has been going 40 years in different shapes and forms etc. I watched the David Gilmour concert at the Royal Albert Hall recently and that was a corker and I didn't spot any of that sort of thing going on there. That looked a totally solid professional performance. I am not blaming Edgar and co - it's the set-up guys that need to get their act together, after all they are not doing it for a Eurovision Contest!! :D :D
Biggus Dickus
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

ant wrote::D Watched it for the second time last evening and although still not my favourite of the so far released DVD's it still sits proud in my collection. Without a doubt Dominion and Stratosfear make the show. It is annoying to still see guys having to come on stage to correct or discuss technical problems as the show goes on. You don't see this so often at other bands gigs so why does it happen so often at TD's?? Surely these guys should be able to get the set-up right before it starts by now!! Not only the guys walking on but also several times you see Edgar and Bernhard pointing and making signs at the technicians etc. To me it takes away the 'professional' status that you would expect from a band that has been going 40 years in different shapes and forms etc. I watched the David Gilmour concert at the Royal Albert Hall recently and that was a corker and I didn't spot any of that sort of thing going on there. That looked a totally solid professional performance. I am not blaming Edgar and co - it's the set-up guys that need to get their act together, after all they are not doing it for a Eurovision Contest!! :D :D
Good points, which are your favourite TD DVDs?

I hope that the the next DVD stays focused on the players for longer and shows the instruments being played more often. At the Astoria, from where I was, I could see that Thorsten was playing really well on the keyboards..... he is an excellent keyboard player, but it wasn't shown much on the DVD.

:!: :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
ant

Post by ant »

:D I think from a picture and sound quality perspective I would have to say that I would put Tempodrome as the best so far. From a concert performance point of view I still rate the 2005 Shepherd's Bush as my favourite so far. :D
Biggus Dickus
24db

Post by 24db »

ant wrote::D I think from a picture and sound quality perspective I would have to say that I would put Tempodrome as the best so far. From a concert performance point of view I still rate the 2005 Shepherd's Bush as my favourite so far. :D
From memory I think Chris said they were using different cameras for the Tempodrom gig. It's sad that the SBE 2005 picture is so soft...but it was a fantastic concert and the DVD (overall) is very nice package
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
ant wrote::D I think from a picture and sound quality perspective I would have to say that I would put Tempodrome as the best so far. From a concert performance point of view I still rate the 2005 Shepherd's Bush as my favourite so far. :D
From memory I think Chris said they were using different cameras for the Tempodrom gig. It's sad that the SBE 2005 picture is so soft...but it was a fantastic concert and the DVD (overall) is very nice package

yeh that SBE gig would have been by far the best if it didnt get mucked up. having said that the bonus disk is very good and its good to see the interviews with the group even though the women asking the questions didn`t seem to know much about the band...The way she spoke to Jerome and put the questions to him I wondered if she knew he was Edgars son.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:

yeh that SBE gig would have been by far the best if it didnt get mucked up. having said that the bonus disk is very good and its good to see the interviews with the group even though the women asking the questions didn`t seem to know much about the band...The way she spoke to Jerome and put the questions to him I wondered if she knew he was Edgars son.
Got to agree that the extras were a great idea, although funnily enough I thought the interviewer was quite good (comparing her with the dozens of audio interviews I've heard with TD over the years...at least she could pronounce the band members names correctly...Lou Gentile hang your head in shame!!!!). Not exactly John Peel I agree (sadly). Perhaps one day Edgar can spare the time and answer a few fan questions and wack them up on a DVD?. Wouldn't take more than an 2 hours of his time.

Chris are you available?

The vox pop's interviews with fans was another good idea I think, plus it was nice to put a few names to faces.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
24db wrote: From memory I think Chris said they were using different cameras for the Tempodrom gig. It's sad that the SBE 2005 picture is so soft...but it was a fantastic concert and the DVD (overall) is very nice package

Got to agree that the extras were a great idea, although funnily enough I thought the interviewer was quite good (comparing her with the dozens of audio interviews I've heard with TD over the years...at least she could pronounce the band members names correctly...Lou Gentile hang your head in shame!!!!). Not exactly John Peel I agree (sadly). Perhaps one day Edgar can spare the time and answer a few fan questions and wack them up on a DVD?. Wouldn't take more than an 2 hours of his time.

Chris are you available?

The vox pop's interviews with fans was another good idea I think, plus it was nice to put a few names to faces.

Well gutted I missed that SBE gig. think it would have been the best one I would have seen.

sadly I wasnt into to TD much in 2005.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Just watched it again and its a very good show from TD........Ive watched this everyday since Tuesday and its impressive stuff IMHO 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:Im going to watch it again this evening with a curry for accompaniment 8)
Me too. After we've put the kids to bed I'm going to sit down with a curry, a cold beer and watch the DVD. Perfect night in.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:It's sad that the SBE 2005 picture is so soft...but it was a fantastic concert and the DVD (overall) is very nice package
Yeh it's sad that the SBE show wasn't shot with the same equipment as Orange Odyssey and Tempodrom. It's all a little blurry and difficult to make out in places. Still it was an awesome show and, since it almost didn't make it to DVD, I feel lucky that we have it.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:It's sad that the SBE 2005 picture is so soft...but it was a fantastic concert and the DVD (overall) is very nice package
Yeh it's sad that the SBE show wasn't shot with the same equipment as Orange Odyssey and Tempodrom. It's all a little blurry and difficult to make out in places. Still it was an awesome show and, since it almost didn't make it to DVD, I feel lucky that we have it.
The thought of the "Rubycon" not making that DVD would have finished me off :arrow: