Story of the Brave

Desert_Voyager
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Desert_Voyager »

rattymouse wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
rattymouse wrote: Going home to check out Arizona right now. Maybe that is why this CD is selling on Ebay for hundreds of quid.

Shocking that I actually attended a gig with Story of the Brave being played. Of course, I'll have to hear Arizona first to see if it is the same as on Tangine Scales. Maybe the rework is the version I like better.

I cant recall a single thing about the '92 show I went to. Sadly it was musically very much forgettable.
I suppose it's selling for that much because it is very hard to get and some TD fans will like what's on it. I do think alot of the themes are very memorable and powerful.... for example, who could forget Rockoon and Hamlet.... I love Arizona 92, give it another listen. :)

:!: :arrow:
Well, I listened to Story of the Brave on Arizona yesterday. I also checked my copy of TOTT and did not see that track on it. Since Story of the Brave is very familiar to me, I must know it from Arizona. But that is shocking in that I only listened to Arizona once and did not even give it 10% of my attention while listening.

Does Linda Spa get a writing credit for Story of the Brave by any chance?

I think my distaste for early '90s TD can be boiled down to the synths that they used at the time, not the writing. I just cant stand the synth sounds on these albums. They sound soooooo canned. Today's TD synths are a billion times better. If Edgar HAS to rerecord stuff, he should rerecord the early '90s albums with better synths.
I didn't know Linda wrote Story of the Brave. 8) I agree, to a certain extent, about the nineties synths, although they don't spoil the best tracks much for me. I completely agree that early 90's albums would be awesome rerecorded with todays synths.

n.b. It was the TOTT EP with Story of the Brave on it.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

rattymouse wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
rattymouse wrote: Going home to check out Arizona right now. Maybe that is why this CD is selling on Ebay for hundreds of quid.

Shocking that I actually attended a gig with Story of the Brave being played. Of course, I'll have to hear Arizona first to see if it is the same as on Tangine Scales. Maybe the rework is the version I like better.

I cant recall a single thing about the '92 show I went to. Sadly it was musically very much forgettable.
I suppose it's selling for that much because it is very hard to get and some TD fans will like what's on it. I do think alot of the themes are very memorable and powerful.... for example, who could forget Rockoon and Hamlet.... I love Arizona 92, give it another listen. :)

Well, I listened to Story of the Brave on Arizona yesterday. I also checked my copy of TOTT and did not see that track on it. Since Story of the Brave is very familiar to me, I must know it from Arizona. But that is shocking in that I only listened to Arizona once and did not even give it 10% of my attention while listening.

I think my distaste for early '90s TD can be boiled down to the synths that they used at the time, not the writing. I just cant stand the synth sounds on these albums. They sound soooooo canned. Today's TD synths are a billion times better. If Edgar HAS to rerecord stuff, he should rerecord the early '90s albums with better synths.
The "Story of the Brave" track is not on the Miramar or Virgin issues of the album,but its on the five track "ep" and the Coast to Coast label version of the album :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: I suppose it's selling for that much because it is very hard to get and some TD fans will like what's on it. I do think alot of the themes are very memorable and powerful.... for example, who could forget Rockoon and Hamlet.... I love Arizona 92, give it another listen. :)

The "Story of the Brave" track is not on the Miramar or Virgin issues of the album,but its on the five track "ep" and the Coast to Coast label version of the album :arrow:
There just aren't enough versions of this album.
ant

Post by ant »

:D Always liked Story of the Brave and have often wondered why she has not co-written more with Edgar. :D
Biggus Dickus
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

I agree that Story of the Brave is an excellent TD composition -- no matter who wrote it. Simply a great track.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

A brilliant composition from Linda and Edgar. You can feel the wind rushing through your hair when you listen to it.

I'd like to see Linda contribute a little something to the Five Atomic seasons project seeing that she and Edgar work so well together! :D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!