paradiso & purgatorio dvd's - WHEN?

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

as bm has said before, the tangs are travelling through a renaissance...since around the release of JDA......i hope we get these dvds.....despite my disappointment/dislike of the purgatorio performance at RFH...........
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:as bm has said before, the tangs are travelling through a renaissance...since around the release of JDA......i hope we get these dvds.....despite my disappointment/dislike of the purgatorio performance at RFH...........
I personally would welcome a DVD of the Purgatorio performance,i very much enjoyed the evening 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
bigmoog wrote:as bm has said before, the tangs are travelling through a renaissance...since around the release of JDA......i hope we get these dvds.....despite my disappointment/dislike of the purgatorio performance at RFH...........
I personally would welcome a DVD of the Purgatorio performance,i very much enjoyed the evening 8)
Me too.
However I can thoroughly understand any TD fan who didn't enjoy it. It did sort of come out of left field. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. Not sure what I was expecting, mind you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Me too.
However I can thoroughly understand any TD fan who didn't enjoy it. It did sort of come out of left field. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. Not sure what I was expecting, mind you.
I was one of them Chris, But...I'd probably still buy the DVD, just to see if it gains anything
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Why was the Purgatorio performance bad? Compared to the other Dante albums, Purgatorio literally ROCKS!
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I wonder if they'l see light of day due to the amount of verbal abuse and people walking out on the band
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:I wonder if they'l see light of day due to the amount of verbal abuse and people walking out on the band
To be fair (and as somebody who was cringing throughout the concert and didn't like it at all) I think that a lot of the audience weren't TD fans, and were casual audience members drawn in for the film (and reduced ticket prices offered by the RFH).

The gig seemed to split the audience almost eactly 50:50, BUT...who knows it may work better on DVD, perhaps like Inferno it might work for those who didn't like it at the time?
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

alipaul wrote:I wonder if they'l see light of day due to the amount of verbal abuse and people walking out on the band
Yikes, I think I understand now.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Got to admit I was totally oblivious to this. I was so engrossed in the show I didn't notice anyone leave and I only heard one guy mouthing off at the end. I was just totally sucked in from the moment when the first notes of "Above the Great Dry Land" rolled over us, what a great start to a concert that was.
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

TD are not unexperienced to people getting upset during their gigs. Didn't they do a whole gig played on fruit machines once (or was it pinball machines) that caused alot of trouble. i remeber reading that Edgar got hit by a rotten tomato once too!!
:P
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Froesesque wrote:TD are not unexperienced to people getting upset during their gigs. Didn't they do a whole gig played on fruit machines once (or was it pinball machines) that caused alot of trouble. i remeber reading that Edgar got hit by a rotten tomato once too!!
Yeh and there's the famous bag of marmalade that landed on his keyboards. I bet Edgar's seen the lot.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Froesesque wrote:TD are not unexperienced to people getting upset during their gigs. Didn't they do a whole gig played on fruit machines once (or was it pinball machines) that caused alot of trouble. i remeber reading that Edgar got hit by a rotten tomato once too!!
It was pinball machines. 2.5 hours of non stop pinball.
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Even those who didn't enjoy the show that much would have to agree that the first track was superb and sounded amazing live. There's several other passages of great instrumental music too.

Like Chris Monk said, I was totally oblivious to any jeering at the end, and only got to find out about this sometime later. It won't affect the DVD though as they can always dub on audience applause like they've done on many live albums.

We're also due the Jeanne d'Arc DVD too, really looking forward to that one, although I don't remember there being a huge amount of cameras there, 3 or 4 I think. But they seemed to move them on the second night, so they might fantastic playing it and edit it to make it seem like they had 8 cameras there!
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Where not sure when it are going too Released. :?:

:!: :arrow:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

If some people were jeering, they were probably spoiling it for others who could have been enjoying the music. Maybe they should have just left instead if they were so unhappy.... or maybe they were enjoying jeering?

:!: :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”