paradiso & purgatorio dvd's - WHEN?

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

My (Our Experience) of Purgatorio RFH 2004....subject to prejudice/memory

I greatly anticipated this event....TD...!!!....Live again in London...My brother got us tickets...he was as keen as I to see TD again (our last TD gig being Astoria the previous year.......), I also managed to get Ms BM to come along as well for her 6th TD gig.....The clincher for her was the Venue.

...EDIT.......it was a pretty full venue...big mix of people...and I reckoned that quite a few were lulled to the gig by the Film promo.....after all the promotion indicated the first screening of Purgatorio in many years......

Unfortunately we had seats down the front left....not much leg room...my bruv was up against the wall....MadamBM on the aisle.......we chatted a while and took in the atmosphere.....I remember my brother saying :"Looking forward to this....."

Immediately the band took the stage....(smallish screen hanging in the air dead centre.......)....the singers strolled on....(sorry fans....we sort collectively rolled our eyes......)...edgar.....Jerome.....Linda.......

POW.......the first notes blasted into us....no time to assess....Its TD!!!!...I settle back......

enjoying this.....I look to me bruv....he smiles back....early expectations....

twenty minutes in or so.....we are getting a little restless.....its getting repetitive a little....its not quite as I expected (not sure what I wanted from the music, not having heard purgatorio and disliking inferno......)

later I find myself constantly fidgeting in my seat.....Im feeling conscious of MSBM and my brothers restlessness.....we are finding the 'constant' singing and drumming is wearing us out.....my brother leans over...' tough one....hard going...'

suddenly the film starts......not sure.....the music seems distracting somehow......

Note : during the film MsM left to go to thee toilet...on her return she whispered to me....' there's a few in there......worst concert she has ever been to......'...

EDIT.......

At the end of the gig...we applaud....I m aware of some heckling.....but we continue to applaud....we are keen to get to the bar and discuss.....(and finish the merch stall......)

no point writing on.....at the time.....on our Exit we all agreed, it was enjoyable.....just not good enough.....Her indoors enjoyed it...'too long...a bit eurovision.....better than the last TD gig......'

My brother felt that the singing got on his nerves...' just too much'

I felt it a heroic, flawed, failure

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz not writing any more

but I tell you this.....I may not in hindsight rate the gig much....but the DANTE trilogy makes sense.....it is an OPUS that one cant take or leave...I will take it....for what it is

BiGMooG
...The wise.....are silent.....
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

I too actually loved it, though my only complaint was the length.

I was front row balcony (and only the first few rows of it were actually occupied.)

From my vantage point, I couldn't hear hecklers/assholes.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Beaubourg wrote:I too actually loved it, though my only complaint was the length.

I was front row balcony (and only the first few rows of it were actually occupied.)

The first two rows were completely un-occupied and i was sat in the third row 1 in from the centre :arrow: I really enjoyed the show and i also heard a few shouts and saw people walking out........
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

epsilon75 wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:I too actually loved it, though my only complaint was the length.

The first two rows were completely un-occupied and i was sat in the third row 1 in from the centre :arrow: I really enjoyed the show and i also heard a few shouts and saw people walking out........
I guess the Press blew off their free tickets!!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

there was some geezer centre back who heckled.......there's always gonna be a wallybrain.......dont forget at astoria this year some assshole came up behind me and screamed abuse at edgar/td.........totally uncalled for....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Beaubourg wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

I guess the Press blew off their free tickets!!
I was a little mystified has to why they left the first two rows empty as the rest of the hall was well occupied :?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:there was some geezer centre back who heckled.......there's always gonna be a wallybrain.......dont forget at astoria this year some assshole came up behind me and screamed abuse at edgar/td.........totally uncalled for....
I heard a few shouts at the Astoria BM...........one guy shouted "You dont know what your doing Froese" :roll: It was a great show IMHO :arrow:
Beats me why they pay money to go and just heckle--------Bizarre :arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

every td gig is/was/will be unique.........

thats the thrill
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:every td gig is/was/will be unique.........

thats the thrill
The Thrill starts when a concert is announced........the anticipation and excitement is embedded in the soul :arrow:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:

thats the thrill
The Thrill starts when a concert is announced........the anticipation and excitement is embedded in the soul :arrow:
Fans in the US wouldnt know anything about this.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

rattymouse wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

thats the thrill
Maybe this can be addressed in the future :idea: :arrow:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: The Thrill starts when a concert is announced........the anticipation and excitement is embedded in the soul :arrow:
Maybe this can be addressed in the future :idea: :arrow:
That would be nice of them.
harmonicaman

Post by harmonicaman »

Desert_Voyager wrote:If some people were jeering, they were probably spoiling it for others who could have been enjoying the music. Maybe they should have just left instead if they were so unhappy.... or maybe they were enjoying jeering?

:!: :arrow:
People pay good money to go to shows.
People do not go to shows just to heckle.
people do not go to shows to be "unhappy"

People heckled because they thought it sucked, and they have every right to think that as they paid the above mentioned good money.

I was fourth rows from the front, centre aisle.

After a good opening it didn't take long to realise the ££ for the two tickets and the 500 mile round trip drive would have been better spent doing ANYTHING else.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

I was there & I didn't like the hackling going on . I enjoyed the performance but was disturbed by some who caused a distraction for others. These people could have just left silently

Cheers Geoff :D :) 8) :!: :arrow:
timer

Post by timer »

Taximan431 wrote:I was there & I didn't like the hackling going on . I enjoyed the performance but was disturbed by some who caused a distraction for others. These people could have just left silently

Cheers Geoff :D :) 8) :!: :arrow:
I didn't enjoy this gig, and left after about 20 minutes, but I would not have upset others enjoyment of the performance.
Like some one said in an earlier posting, the whole thing may come across differently when put to DVD.
Just because I didn't like it, doesn't mean i wont buy the release, when it happens !.