Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
groovemeister wrote:
No epsilon75, it's not on Poland, unfortunately.


Trying to think what it could be :? .........what year was "The Soldier" released ?

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Hobo wrote:
cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
Hell...haven't seen that since we first got a VHS player...well the Solider uses mainly bits and pieces from TD studio albums (some in earlier stripped down versions), such as underwater Sunlight and Poland, plus a couple of sequencer bits (like the cable car attack) and some brief snare drum rhythms (one track appears on a rather famous/infamous bootleg)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_hkPuLhkhw

Ski Sequence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edpOs8bab-M



haha that looks HILARIOUS . dont you just love those old trailers for 80s action movies, I just got to watch that


It looks truly awful and it's made worse by "voice-over man"! :lol:


All trailers are terrible...I saw one on William Friedkin's Bug DVD the other week that went on for about 10 minutes:

eg

"In a house...there was a born...A horror...so horrible...it was...er...horrific...etc etc" zzzzzzzzzzzzz....I had to keep checking to see if it was spoof...sadly it wasn't

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:59 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Belgium
epsilon75 wrote:
groovemeister wrote:
No epsilon75, it's not on Poland, unfortunately.


Trying to think what it could be :? .........what year was "The Soldier" released ?



1982
________
Vaporizer Affiliates


Last edited by groovemeister on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
groovemeister wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
groovemeister wrote:
No epsilon75, it's not on Poland, unfortunately.


Trying to think what it could be :? .........what year was "The Soldier" released ?



1982


I'd imagine its come off either Force Majeure,Tangram,Exit,White Eagle or Logos..........

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:59 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Belgium
Nope, have all those albums, and it's definately with Schmoelling.
________
Toyota Trekker


Last edited by groovemeister on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
Just watched the bit where Ken Wahl's practicing shooting and I don't recognise the music so I don't think it's been released officially. Shame as it's quite good. It also appears at the end of the film when an aeroplane is landing. In fact there are a few nice pieces that haven't been released and a few that obviously went on to develop into Poland, not to mention a very stripped down Dolphin Dance.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
groovemeister wrote:
Nope, have all those albums, and it's definately with Schmoelling.


Can you send an MP3 sample to my email address :?:

convention24@yahoo.co.uk

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:59 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Belgium
Chris Monk wrote:
Just watched the bit where Ken Wahl's practicing shooting and I don't recognise the music so I don't think it's been released officially. Shame as it's quite good. It also appears at the end of the film when an aeroplane is landing. In fact there are a few nice pieces that haven't been released and a few that obviously went on to develop into Poland, not to mention a very stripped down Dolphin Dance.




Yes, that's it. Really unfortunate it's never been released.
Thanks for the search !
________
Chevrolet Traverse


Last edited by groovemeister on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
Sounds to me like the Studio version of the begining of part one of logo's.?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 660
Location: france (west)
the only track from the soldier that I know has the same beginning as the famous beach theme .

Charles

_________________
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:06 pm
Posts: 175
Location: Greece
On the "Soldiers" trailer you can hear "Ayers Majestic" or the last part of the "Horizon" -any way you want it :D
The year of the film is 1982, as I've show it listed in a file of TD's film sountracks issued or unissued on record -if you're interested I could send you this list (or find the link)

Now about the trailers, the stand-up comedian Pablo Fransisco makes a lot fun of the famous "film previews guy" voice :D
Cheers

_________________
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
timer wrote:
Sounds to me like the Studio version of the begining of part one of logo's.?

Yes. I see what you mean. It's similar but not the same. To quote Eric Morcambe "It's all the right notes....but not necessarily in the right order". :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Managed to get this film on DVDr thanks to a friendly chap here at the forum,im going to watch it tonight 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
epsilon75 wrote:
Managed to get this film on DVDr thanks to a friendly chap here at the forum,im going to watch it tonight 8)

Don't get your hope up too much, it's not the best film ever and downright laughable in many places. Great soundtrack though. One wonders how TD got involved in the project.

Actually it's quite an entertaining film but probably for all the wrong reasons. It would make a good Worst of Hollywood.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Managed to get this film on DVDr thanks to a friendly chap here at the forum,im going to watch it tonight 8)

Don't get your hope up too much, it's not the best film ever and downright laughable in many places. Great soundtrack though. One wonders how TD got involved in the project.

Actually it's quite an entertaining film but probably for all the wrong reasons. It would make a good Worst of Hollywood.


OK Chris thanks for the tip offs :wink: if it becomes to painful i'll hault proceedings :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage