track from 'The Soldier' ?

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

groovemeister wrote:No epsilon75, it's not on Poland, unfortunately.
Trying to think what it could be :? .........what year was "The Soldier" released ?
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:Hell...haven't seen that since we first got a VHS player...well the Solider uses mainly bits and pieces from TD studio albums (some in earlier stripped down versions), such as underwater Sunlight and Poland, plus a couple of sequencer bits (like the cable car attack) and some brief snare drum rhythms (one track appears on a rather famous/infamous bootleg)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_hkPuLhkhw

Ski Sequence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edpOs8bab-M

haha that looks HILARIOUS . dont you just love those old trailers for 80s action movies, I just got to watch that
It looks truly awful and it's made worse by "voice-over man"! :lol:
All trailers are terrible...I saw one on William Friedkin's Bug DVD the other week that went on for about 10 minutes:

eg

"In a house...there was a born...A horror...so horrible...it was...er...horrific...etc etc" zzzzzzzzzzzzz....I had to keep checking to see if it was spoof...sadly it wasn't
groovemeister

Post by groovemeister »

epsilon75 wrote:
Trying to think what it could be :? .........what year was "The Soldier" released ?

________
Vaporizer Affiliates
Last edited by groovemeister on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

groovemeister wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

I'd imagine its come off either Force Majeure,Tangram,Exit,White Eagle or Logos..........
groovemeister

Post by groovemeister »

Nope, have all those albums, and it's definately with Schmoelling.
________
Toyota Trekker
Last edited by groovemeister on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Just watched the bit where Ken Wahl's practicing shooting and I don't recognise the music so I don't think it's been released officially. Shame as it's quite good. It also appears at the end of the film when an aeroplane is landing. In fact there are a few nice pieces that haven't been released and a few that obviously went on to develop into Poland, not to mention a very stripped down Dolphin Dance.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

groovemeister wrote:Nope, have all those albums, and it's definately with Schmoelling.
Can you send an MP3 sample to my email address :?:

convention24@yahoo.co.uk
groovemeister

Post by groovemeister »

Chris Monk wrote:Just watched the bit where Ken Wahl's practicing shooting and I don't recognise the music so I don't think it's been released officially. Shame as it's quite good. It also appears at the end of the film when an aeroplane is landing. In fact there are a few nice pieces that haven't been released and a few that obviously went on to develop into Poland, not to mention a very stripped down Dolphin Dance.

Yes, that's it. Really unfortunate it's never been released.
Thanks for the search !
________
Chevrolet Traverse
timer

Post by timer »

Sounds to me like the Studio version of the begining of part one of logo's.?
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

the only track from the soldier that I know has the same beginning as the famous beach theme .

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

On the "Soldiers" trailer you can hear "Ayers Majestic" or the last part of the "Horizon" -any way you want it :D
The year of the film is 1982, as I've show it listed in a file of TD's film sountracks issued or unissued on record -if you're interested I could send you this list (or find the link)

Now about the trailers, the stand-up comedian Pablo Fransisco makes a lot fun of the famous "film previews guy" voice :D
Cheers
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:Sounds to me like the Studio version of the begining of part one of logo's.?
Yes. I see what you mean. It's similar but not the same. To quote Eric Morcambe "It's all the right notes....but not necessarily in the right order". :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Managed to get this film on DVDr thanks to a friendly chap here at the forum,im going to watch it tonight 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:Managed to get this film on DVDr thanks to a friendly chap here at the forum,im going to watch it tonight 8)
Don't get your hope up too much, it's not the best film ever and downright laughable in many places. Great soundtrack though. One wonders how TD got involved in the project.

Actually it's quite an entertaining film but probably for all the wrong reasons. It would make a good Worst of Hollywood.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Managed to get this film on DVDr thanks to a friendly chap here at the forum,im going to watch it tonight 8)
Don't get your hope up too much, it's not the best film ever and downright laughable in many places. Great soundtrack though. One wonders how TD got involved in the project.

Actually it's quite an entertaining film but probably for all the wrong reasons. It would make a good Worst of Hollywood.
OK Chris thanks for the tip offs :wink: if it becomes to painful i'll hault proceedings :wink: