Logos...wake up!

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:
24db wrote: Stunning gig, 'the' best concert I have ever been to
The bristol show on this tour was my first TD live experience - what a way to start ! still regard it as one of the best ever gigs Ive been too.
I was at the Colston Hall for this tour. We were in the front row of the balcony and had a great view. A truelly magical experience.
Row D of the stalls (still have the ticket stub) on Johannes side as a 15yr old lad!.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote: The bristol show on this tour was my first TD live experience - what a way to start ! still regard it as one of the best ever gigs Ive been too.
I was at the Colston Hall for this tour. We were in the front row of the balcony and had a great view. A truelly magical experience.
Row D of the stalls (still have the ticket stub) on Johannes side as a 15yr old lad!.
I was accompanied by several of my college friends, one of whom had just had a very bad bicycle accident hours before the show. He sat in his plaster-casts with most of his teeth missing. There was no way he was going to miss the show.
24db

Post by 24db »

Good man! :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Just found this in TD's own discography:

Virgin V 2257 - On Logos, live in London, TD used the first sampling unit ever. Listen to the 2nd quarter of Logos- Part I and pay attention to the line »Wake-up!«.

So that's that then.

Must admit I used to think it was break-out.
24db

Post by 24db »

from earlier in the thread Chris:

Electronic Soundmaker & Computer Music, Jan 1985, in article titled:
The Dream House TD were interviewed in their Berlin studio.

Edgar-....When we're working in the studio we'll save sounds and patterns on floppy disks for stage use- sampled sounds for percussion are fixed in EPROMS which we had before the Oberheims and Linns which we now use. Sampled voice sounds can come off the Emulator driven by voltage control; the "Wake Up" sample we use on Logos was made with a Publison unit which we liked, but the company were never able to complete a disk storage unit for it."

Page 28

From memory Edgar used the same Publison sampler for some of the weird sounds on Firestarter
timer

Post by timer »

The 25th Anniversary of Logo's went by unnoticed !! :( :(
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:The 25th Anniversary of Logo's went by unnoticed !! :( :(
Would have been great to have had a 25th double CD Anniverasry issue 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Crying shame. It's a great album, a true TD classic. It would have been nice to have had a special anniversary edition but I suspect that Virgin couldn't care less.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Chris Monk wrote:
Crying shame. It's a great album, a true TD classic. It would have been nice to have had a special anniversary edition but I suspect that Virgin couldn't care less.
Not a money spinner
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
ant

Post by ant »

:D Logos has always been one of my favourite gigs and CD's. The SBE gig in 2005 was their best since Logos IMHO. Have to say though that over all these years, and nobody else obviously ever thought so, I have always thought they were saying "W**k*r"!! I was obviously wrong but still think it is better than Wake Up. :lol:
Biggus Dickus
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

ant wrote:Have to say though that over all these years, and nobody else obviously ever thought so, I have always thought they were saying "W**k*r"!! I was obviously wrong but still think it is better than Wake Up. :lol:
Imagine Edgar, Chris & Johannes having misunderstood the sample themselves and it is actually "W**k*r" ... :shock: :wink:
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

I actually always thought it was "right now".
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

I actually always thought it was "right now".
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Beaubourg wrote:I actually always thought it was "right now".
Good shout Beaubourg..........i thought that many times :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
JD

Post by JD »

epsilon75 wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:I actually always thought it was "right now".
Good shout Beaubourg..........i thought that many times :arrow:
What accent do you people speak with ;) I always thought it was breakdown ....doesnt even sound like wake up to me ...even though it is
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush