Rumpilstiltskin?

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Rumpilstiltskin?

Post by cantosis »

I was looking on ebay the other day and I saw a CD with this name by TD. it rings a bell but I couldn`t place what it is....I see it isnt listed on ebay anymore so its a rare album or something??
24db

Re: Rumpilstiltskin?

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:I was looking on ebay the other day and I saw a CD with this name by TD. it rings a bell but I couldn`t place what it is....I see it isnt listed on ebay anymore so its a rare album or something??
Matt, Rumpelstiltskin is a kids story narated by Kathleen Turner, TD did the background music for it (Piano and strings mainly). The disc has the story c/w music, as well as just the isolated music. The CD came in a long card box together with a poster
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:I was looking on ebay the other day and I saw a CD with this name by TD. it rings a bell but I couldn`t place what it is....I see it isnt listed on ebay anymore so its a rare album or something??
Matt, Rumpelstiltskin is a kids story narated by Kathleen Turner, TD did the background music for it (Piano and strings mainly). The disc has the story c/w music, as well as just the isolated music. The CD came in a long card box together with a poster
I did realise its a kids story(one of my favs) :D . Just didnt know what the TD connection was. thanks for the info anyway
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Yes this was done on the 'rabbit ears' label which i think is now defunct (don't quote me on this).
Not too shabby though very laid back chilling music
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
I did realise its a kids story(one of my favs) :D . Just didnt know what the TD connection was. thanks for the info anyway
no problem:

1. Rumpelstiltskin [The fairy tale, told by Kathleen Turner with background music by TD] 22:00
2. Rumpelstiltskin Theme 2:55
3. Alchemy Of Straw 2:54
4. Rumpel Town 4:19
5. The Countryside 2:22
6. A Walk Through The Woods 4:35
7. Dance On The Hill 3:09
8. A Mother's Triumph 2:22
Total running time 44:36

Recording date 1991
Recording site(s) Eastgate Studios (Vienna)
Recording engineer(s) Edgar Froese, Jerome Froese
Composer(s) Edgar Froese, Jerome Froese
Musician(s) Edgar Froese, Jerome Froese
Producer(s) Edgar Froese

Releases
Japan 1992: Rabbit Ears
CD: VACR-1005
USA 1992: Rabbit Ears
CD: R2 70458; long cardboard box with poster
1993: Rabbit Ears/BMG
CD: RCE 74041 70770-2
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

on download anywhere? :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:on download anywhere? :roll:
there are quite a few sites you can download it from...but whether they're legal is another question (it's a grey area to say the least). Do a google mate
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Watch out for them dodgy russian sites :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Watch out for them dodgy russian sites :wink:
damned right!
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

i got a copy on ebay US site... my wife thought i got it for the kids.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

coldwater wrote:i got a copy on ebay US site... my wife thought i got it for the kids.
yeh I want to get it for my daughter :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:
coldwater wrote:i got a copy on ebay US site... my wife thought i got it for the kids.
yeh I want to get it for my daughter :wink:
When my kids were younger they loved it. I guess now they couldn't care less. Not enough aliens and space rockets.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I'm currently doing a Danish voice-over of the fairytale on the instrumental tracks. 8)

Just kidding! :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:I'm currently doing a Danish voice-over of the fairytale on the instrumental tracks. 8)

Efterklang are replacing TD's music ;)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:I'm currently doing a Danish voice-over of the fairytale on the instrumental tracks. 8)

Efterklang are replacing TD's music ;)
That could be interesting! You know any other DK bands?