Rumpilstiltskin?

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:I'm currently doing a Danish voice-over of the fairytale on the instrumental tracks. 8)

Just kidding! :roll:
Efterklang are replacing TD's music ;)
That could be interesting! You know any other DK bands?
certainly not...it would ruin my 'hard-man of EM' out look on life :P
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote: Efterklang are replacing TD's music ;)
That could be interesting! You know any other DK bands?
:lol:

(efterklang means 'reverberation' and they are currently touring Denmark/Europe)
Last edited by Pertou on Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote: That could be interesting! You know any other DK bands?
:lol:

(efterklang means 'reverbation' and they are currently touring Denmark/Europe)
they're in Glasgow...the day after I leave...can you see a pattern developing? ;)
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:on download anywhere? :roll:
there are quite a few sites you can download it from...but whether they're legal is another question (it's a grey area to say the least). Do a google mate
of course not, but as it is hardly available you have to. :D
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
there are quite a few sites you can download it from...but whether they're legal is another question (it's a grey area to say the least). Do a google mate
people always want something for nothing, it's human nature...ask Radiohead :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote: there are quite a few sites you can download it from...but whether they're legal is another question (it's a grey area to say the least). Do a google mate
was it 60% of people who didn't pay?

Mind you, I wonder if more people were drawn to the download knowing they could get it for free. It may work in Radioead's favour in the long run.
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote: there are quite a few sites you can download it from...but whether they're legal is another question (it's a grey area to say the least). Do a google mate
Yep, a famous Duth speaking is "voor een duppie op de eerste rij zitten"
How cheaper the better. :D
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote: of course not, but as it is hardly available you have to. :D

Mind you, I wonder if more people were drawn to the download knowing they could get it for free. It may work in Radioead's favour in the long run.
I think the average was about £2.60ish for the whole album (obviously most people just got it for nothing, bar the admin fee)...but then again you'd have to pay 'me' that a second to listen to their stuff...can't stand it
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote: people always want something for nothing, it's human nature...ask Radiohead :)

I think the average was about £2.60ish for the whole album (obviously most people just got it for nothing, bar the admin fee)...but then again you'd have to pay 'me' that a second to listen to their stuff...can't stand it
Yee, that is the spirit :D
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:

That Radiohead was a very clever marketing scam, there is two types of fans the download genration and the hardcore who will buy everything to do with a band. they did the pay what you want for the download(knowing people will just do it from illegal sites anyway) and then they had the CD offer which came with a poster and a few postcards, that was almost £50 if I remember rightly, As these were the only 2 ways of getting the album I think they have probably done very well out of it :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:
hansx wrote:

That Radiohead was a very clever marketing scam, there is two types of fans the download genration and the hardcore who will buy everything to do with a band. they did the pay what you want for the download(knowing people will just do it from illegal sites anyway) and then they had the CD offer which came with a poster and a few postcards, that was almost £50 if I remember rightly, As these were the only 2 ways of getting the album I think they have probably done very well out of it :D
Yeh ...and a lot of new people will have been introduced to the band. I suspect that they'll make some money on the back-catalogue.
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

I don't know much about such things but when I heard that the average payment from those that did pay was about £2.60 it did occur to me that this was probably a fair bit more than the group would have got off the record company who, as I understand it, take by far the biggest chunk of the cost of a 'normal' CD.

Even allowing for studio time (If they had to hire a studio) and production costs, perhaps it isn't such a daft idea as it might appear at first.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

i would rather grip my JT in a vice than listen to radiohead....complete clag...imho....of course
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

Wolfman wrote:I don't know much about such things but when I heard that the average payment from those that did pay was about £2.60 it did occur to me that this was probably a fair bit more than the group would have got off the record company who, as I understand it, take by far the biggest chunk of the cost of a 'normal' CD.

Even allowing for studio time (If they had to hire a studio) and production costs, perhaps it isn't such a daft idea as it might appear at first.
you'll note there hasn't been as much discussion about the quality of the music ;) good marketing ploy...not much else
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:i would rather grip my JT in a vice than listen to radiohead....complete clag...imho....of course
John Thomas is one of Radiohead's roadies :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.