ONE NIGHT IN SPACE CD

rotwang
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by rotwang »

redziller wrote:
rotwang wrote:Got my copy of ONIS in yesterday's mail. Not a bad release. Some really good sequencer and synth work. However, I can't help thinking that the two tracks are merely the foundations for something much more ... complex. I guess I was expecting a little more layering of themes and melodies. And the second track just ends abruptly -- not necessarily a bad thing, just surprising.

Still, this is a fine investment. I'm finding something new with each listen.

BTW, are the vocals at the beginning of track 2 actually saying anything? If so, I can't quite make it out. Then again, it could just be some nonsense syllables spoken through a vocoder or something similar.
I can't wait for the DVD personally. The title track with guitar on top is perhaps more what you'd been expecting. The moon going pop track has grown on me enormously. I didn't get it at all at the gig. But now it reminds me of "Without a bad Conscience" on Blue Dawn insofar as it's big and ballsy saying "well this is what I am - like it or no"
Trouble is, TD is releasing their DVDs only on the PAL format, which is not available here in the States. Come on, Edgar, you've got lots of fans across the sea, too! How about a Region 1 DVD of, well, everything! :D
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

rotwang wrote:
redziller wrote:
rotwang wrote:Got my copy of ONIS in yesterday's mail. Not a bad release. Some really good sequencer and synth work. However, I can't help thinking that the two tracks are merely the foundations for something much more ... complex. I guess I was expecting a little more layering of themes and melodies. And the second track just ends abruptly -- not necessarily a bad thing, just surprising.

BTW, are the vocals at the beginning of track 2 actually saying anything? If so, I can't quite make it out. Then again, it could just be some nonsense syllables spoken through a vocoder or something similar.
I can't wait for the DVD personally. The title track with guitar on top is perhaps more what you'd been expecting. The moon going pop track has grown on me enormously. I didn't get it at all at the gig. But now it reminds me of "Without a bad Conscience" on Blue Dawn insofar as it's big and ballsy saying "well this is what I am - like it or no"
Trouble is, TD is releasing their DVDs only on the PAL format, which is not available here in the States. Come on, Edgar, you've got lots of fans across the sea, too! How about a Region 1 DVD of, well, everything! :D
My DVD player had to be "reprogrammed" by hitting the right combination of buttons on the remote to play all regions. Found that out by trawling the web. I also bought a very cheap DVD player for the bedroom and that plays everything; all regions, NTSC, PAL, DVD-R, DVD-RW, etc.
Last edited by Chris Monk on Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

perhaps Edgar could re-work all of the EP's into a massive suite?
hansx

Post by hansx »

I don't have it too. I will wait on a download.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:

Andy

Im skint enough as it is mate :wink: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I have had a sudden influx of readies

bring it on TD.....release AIH.....etc..... :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:I have had a sudden influx of readies

AIH will be with us for the crimbo festivities and i will enjoy with a few banana beers 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
bigmoog wrote:I have had a sudden influx of readies

AIH will be with us for the crimbo festivities and i will enjoy with a few banana beers 8)
Along with the Frankfurt DVD
An Xmas special CD as well!.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

Andy

Im skint enough as it is mate :wink: :wink:
yeah I know mate :( I'll get you it as a crimbo pressie if need be
exit81

Post by exit81 »

TD could easily make their DVDs region free as it's not a legal requirement to region code them. The bigger issue is whether it's worth their while producing an NTSC DVD from the PAL footage. Maybe the cost of getting two masters made isn't financially viable.

The obviosu answer of cousre is to get hold of a region-free DVD player and TV that can handle PAL as well as NTSC. This is always handy as so many DVDs are release in one territory but not the other. Good luck!
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I’m being getting inn the Mail Box some time of the end of this week.

:!: :arrow: