Rumpilstiltskin?

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

armitage shanks makes better music than radio bleedin head :arrow:

imho
...The wise.....are silent.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote:armitage shanks makes better music than radio bleedin head :arrow:

imho
I first listened to Radiohead on a CD given to me by a friend because I kept reading that they were "The New Pink Floyd". Boy was I disappointed. Just don't get it myself. Very overrated IMO.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
bigmoog wrote:armitage shanks makes better music than radio bleedin head :arrow:

imho
I first listened to Radiohead on a CD given to me by a friend because I kept reading that they were "The New Pink Floyd". Boy was I disappointed. Just don't get it myself. Very overrated IMO.
I agree with your sentiments..............they are nothing special IMHO :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

imho
I agree with your sentiments..............they are nothing special IMHO :arrow:
However this is a TD forum, I surely agree with you .Booring and very overrated, Wouldn't five a cent for a download. Not even illegal. :D
timer

Post by timer »

I got the Radiohead CD for Nowt, and was pleasantly surprised by it, certainly beats about the past three releases.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

timer wrote:I got the Radiohead CD for Nowt, and was pleasantly surprised by it, certainly beats about the past three releases.
I think they have produced some great music and they're certainly better than the bands that profess to be the greatest in the World - Oasis, Coldplay etc.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Hobo wrote:
timer wrote:I got the Radiohead CD for Nowt, and was pleasantly surprised by it, certainly beats about the past three releases.
I think they have produced some great music and they're certainly better than the bands that profess to be the greatest in the World - Oasis, Coldplay etc.
Well said Mick. I was going to post a similar reply earlier but got cold feet. In Rainbows is a good album IMO as are all their output. I like the way Kid A and Amnesiac were totally different from what came before. OK Computer is an all time classic album. Before it's release the band themselves expected this album to be a total failure but it seemed they mad history. A great band who nearly gave up following massive and deserved success. The dvd documentary they put out showed a band struggling to cope with touring and constant attention and I'm so glad they made it through. Not everyones cuppa tea I know but one of THE best bands around.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

sparrow wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Well said Mick. I was going to post a similar reply earlier but got cold feet. In Rainbows is a good album IMO as are all their output. I like the way Kid A and Amnesiac were totally different from what came before. OK Computer is an all time classic album. Before it's release the band themselves expected this album to be a total failure but it seemed they mad history. A great band who nearly gave up following massive and deserved success. The dvd documentary they put out showed a band struggling to cope with touring and constant attention and I'm so glad they made it through. Not everyones cuppa tea I know but one of THE best bands around.

I agree with that, it was also very brave for such a mainstream band to release albums like KID A and Amnesiac and I think they are two superb albums.

Anyone on this forum who have disliked their early music and didnt bother to listen to Kid A and Amnesiac, well you really missing a treat, give these two a listen and you might be pleasantly surprised.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I really rate Radiohead too, and thank them for at least trying to experiment and think out of the box. Not all their attempts are successful, but I was surprised the other day when rating MP3s on my Zen how many Radiohead tracks I gave four or five stars (I have all albums except Pablo Honey, which I never liked).

BTW - Rumpelstiltskin... one or two good tracks and an interesting side-line in TD's career, but not worth what it can command on E-bay IMHO.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!