TD on Headphones or Speakers?

whiteeagle
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by whiteeagle »

Headphones because it's feels like you're inside the music,
and I enjoy so much being out of home, walking or traveling with the TD's music -the best company!
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
razor

Post by razor »

whiteeagle wrote:Headphones because it's feels like you're inside the music,
and I enjoy so much being out of home, walking or traveling with the TD's music -the best company!
I totally agree with you! With the headphones you really feel yourself immersed into another world by the music :)
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

When I was single, living on my own (with VERY understanding neighbours) and had some disposable income, I owned a very large pair of professional "active" monitor speakers that were quite capable of pinning you to the wall (they could play quietly too, but that's not the point). There is NOTHING to beat good synth music played at stomach pumping levels with no breakup or distortion and Phaedra and Rubycon got many playings like this, along with the usual suspects Led Zep and ELP, Hillage/Gong and many of others of ambient, rock and Electronic persuasion.

Now I'm older, deafer and have commitments that prevent the regular use of a good HiFi (albeit a much smaller one) I listen a lot on headphones and also on the Spin 70 PC speakers, which do at a pinch. I listen a lot in the car as well

So, to answer the question, I'd now say headphones in a darkened room, with a whisky or two (I don't smoke) as I get into the mixes more.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I Listen to Tangerine Dream on my Headphone.
Where to get the Best Quality Sound is Sony or Pioneer.
Oh Wait Pioneer is no longer make Headphone anymore that a shame.
Any way Sony Make’s Best Headphone. :wink:

:arrow:
exit81

Post by exit81 »

I'd usually opt for speakers as I like the room to be filled with sound. I think that method offers the same intimacy as headphones, but you get the added benefit of the sound waves hitting you like at a concert. Just make sure the neighbours are out!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

exit81 wrote:I'd usually opt for speakers as I like the room to be filled with sound. I think that method offers the same intimacy as headphones, but you get the added benefit of the sound waves hitting you like at a concert. Just make sure the neighbours are out!
I used to have this option, but had to sell my hi-fi. My wife's midi system does not have the same impact! :(
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
razor

Post by razor »

I'm currently sitting here with my Denon AH-5000 phones & TD has never sounded better than they do now :)

But I do prefer using my Sennheiser HD-595 since they are more comfortable, and they sound almost as good :)
24db

Post by 24db »

razor wrote:I'm currently sitting here with my Denon AH-5000 phones & TD has never sounded better than they do now :)

But I do prefer using my Sennheiser HD-595 since they are more comfortable, and they sound almost as good :)
have to noticed anything new?
hansx

Post by hansx »

For me it differs. When I am alone at home, the speakers are on. In the car also of course.
But when my wife is also there and I want to losten to TD the headphones are on. Mostly via my Ipod, that is more simple. I have a Koss headphone, better then the Apple things and you wear it on your ear and not in your ear. Far more comfortable.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I can't wear the small in ear phones. I've used loads and the bloody things keep falling out.
timer

Post by timer »

sparrow wrote:I can't wear the small in ear phones. I've used loads and the bloody things keep falling out.
I find these in ear to be irritating to the ear, and you can never get them positioned right to get the full bass response.
Much prefer me open can Roland's .
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

sparrow wrote:I can't wear the small in ear phones. I've used loads and the bloody things keep falling out.
I'm the same - must be a peculiarity with my lobe design :D :D
My Grados are the best sounding and most comfortable I've ever owned (after a string of Sennheisers and Beyers).
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

billythefish wrote:
I'm the same - must be a peculiarity with my lobe design :D :D
My Grados are the best sounding and most comfortable I've ever owned (after a string of Sennheisers and Beyers).
Are they the IGrados? I have been looking to get something to replace my ipod headphones as they are really not good, even at full volume you dont get great sound.
har

Post by har »

Once I've got the bairns off to bed! Tangs on relatively loud on the Tannoys floorstanders for maximum relaxation.

When driving, the dream are very effective over those car speakers.

However, headphones definitely extracts more detail and as someone mentioned you keep hearing masses of new stuff every time, if you can keep them in your lugs :D and keep the wires out the way :evil:
hansx

Post by hansx »

I escpecially bought the Koss earphones for jogging. The in earphones kept falling out of my ears when I was sweating. Very irritating.
The Koss things are very good, and not too expensive.