One Times One

redziller
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by redziller »

JD wrote:
redziller wrote:No doubt - but then we're paying for music not for the hardware it comes on so it's perhaps a bit odd to expect music always to be sold in the arbitrary maximum quantity of the medium . If the rule is less music less dollar then it makes perfect sense to me.
true, but if its about 35-40 minutes for 10 euros ...then by normal TD standards of albums that are about 70 mins and 16 euros, you're paying about 20 euros for each albums worth which isnt less dollar (euro) :wink:
then again, the dollah pre minute relationship's not linear - design and distribution for a 1 minute CD will be the same for a 70 minutes CD - indeed for a zero minute CD so the curve's not going through the origin and 8u99er! the battery on my slide-rule's gone :wink:
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
JD

Post by JD »

redziller wrote:
JD wrote:
redziller wrote:No doubt - but then we're paying for music not for the hardware it comes on so it's perhaps a bit odd to expect music always to be sold in the arbitrary maximum quantity of the medium . If the rule is less music less dollar then it makes perfect sense to me.
true, but if its about 35-40 minutes for 10 euros ...then by normal TD standards of albums that are about 70 mins and 16 euros, you're paying about 20 euros for each albums worth which isnt less dollar (euro) :wink:
then again, the dollah pre minute relationship's not linear - design and distribution for a 1 minute CD will be the same for a 70 minutes CD - indeed for a zero minute CD so the curve's not going through the origin and 8u99er! the battery on my slide-rule's gone :wink:
but also minimized if the design and distribution is 'in house' :)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I have no problem with a 35-45 min time format. Reminds me of the playing time of LPs. Just think about how many Schulze albums would be more to the point if they were just shorter. A recent example for a perfectly fine, short album is Patrick O'Hearn's "Glaciation": It's just 43:15, it feels 'complete', and it's beautiful. I'm really curious what TD does with this re-discovered "LP format".
JD

Post by JD »

Michael66 wrote:I have no problem with a 35-45 min time format. Reminds me of the playing time of LPs. Just think about how many Schulze albums would be more to the point if they were just shorter. A recent example for a perfectly fine, short album is Patrick O'Hearn's "Glaciation": It's just 43:15, it feels 'complete', and it's beautiful. I'm really curious what TD does with this re-discovered "LP format".
I'm not bothered if its good, I'm a little anxious because of the 2 instrumental versions thrown in, it makes it look like it might be a CD of odds and ends rather than a complete album idea. Maybe I'm wrong ...hope so :)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Seeker_UK

Post by Seeker_UK »

Michael66 wrote:I have no problem with a 35-45 min time format. Reminds me of the playing time of LPs. Just think about how many Schulze albums would be more to the point if they were just shorter. A recent example for a perfectly fine, short album is Patrick O'Hearn's "Glaciation": It's just 43:15, it feels 'complete', and it's beautiful. I'm really curious what TD does with this re-discovered "LP format".
I'd rather have 45 minutes of quality than 75 of junk.

I hope that this 'new format' means that, as you had with LPs, the quality control is high and not seen as a way of banging out shorter chunks of music more often.
Occasionally recording as Chromengel: Click here for the music

New CD out, "Meridians" For more details Click Here
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

redziller wrote:
JD wrote:
You can't put a price on good music anyway IMO. I've got plenty of CD less than 40 minutes that are just awesome and some that are over 70 minutes that are little better than small frisbees. I'm perfectly happy to pay the 10 euros for the new CD............ just don't tell Edgar that I'd be happy paying 16 euros. :wink:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I think 'One Times One' has a bit of a gloomy cover, and so are the track titles ... but looks interesting nevertheless: Man/sun/world/time - that's certainly not music for chatty tea parties! :wink:
ant

Post by ant »

:D This is going to be a special series of albums but I don't think it is going to be the way they release everything in the future. Hopefully they will still do what we now consider to be full length albums (60 to 75 mins) but from time to time will issue these CUPDISCS maybe replacing the previously issued EP's that were between 14 and 25 mins usually and costing around £7 (the same as the cupdiscs at 35 to 45 mins). Good idea I think and at an affordable price. When you think about it, how many times do you see albums that are over thirty years old and around the 40 min mark, selling in places like HMV and Virgin for around £15 to £16? Now that is a rip-off if ever there was. Well done TD and I look forward to these new CUPDISCS with great anticipation. Oh - and keep the DVD's coming as well. All things are great on the TD front at the moment and long may it continue!! :D
Biggus Dickus
24db

Post by 24db »

70mins?, 7mins?....I just hope it's good
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:70mins?, 7mins?....I just hope it's good
thats all that really matter's to me to :wink:
JD

Post by JD »

epsilon75 wrote:
Me too so everyone keep their fingers crossed that its up to the recent standard !
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
the vigil begins :D
timer

Post by timer »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Are these all the greatest hits or Just a New Studio or New Album? :?:

:!: :arrow:
Laserdisc Dream - there are 3 new tracks on 'Booster' and 'One times One' are new recordings ,some of previous music but new versions.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Do they add these new releases to the Download section? As a new fan I want to hear the new stuff but as I live in Australia I suffer from the tyranny of distance. Downloads bring the rest of the world closer to us.
"Sydney till I Die"
24db

Post by 24db »

SydneyFC wrote:Do they add these new releases to the Download section. As a new fan I want to hear the new stuff but as I live in Australia I suffer from the tyranny of distance. Downloads bring the rest of the world closer to us.
most of the new stuff usually get's added to the download section after a while...might be worth dropping Eastgate an email to ask?

eastgate@gmx.com