Force Majeure...still unstoppable

DSJR
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by DSJR »

Bearing in mind Edgar had moved on from this record over twenty five years ago, wouldn't it be better to ecourage more freeform live playing rather than re-hashes of what went before?

I know, a difficult one this, but these recordings were so carefully compiled and mixed I think that to attempt what could only be a poor live imitation would not be in anyone's best interests.

Just my view of course..
redziller

Post by redziller »

Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:
redziller wrote:Had this on the tube yesteday, but had to skip CBF as it wouldn't have got the required attention over the "the next station...blah-de-blah ".

We've said it before here but CBF live? Purlease huh? huh? can we? huh?
We've waited a long, long time to hear this live. The 40th anniversary celebrations, would be the ideal opportunity.
Would be difficult to achieve since it used a half-speed guitar for the solo but I wouldn't mind hearing Bernhard have a go at it.
DSJR wrote: Bearing in mind Edgar had moved on from this record over twenty five years ago, wouldn't it be better to ecourage more freeform live playing rather than re-hashes of what went before?

I know, a difficult one this, but these recordings were so carefully compiled and mixed I think that to attempt what could only be a poor live imitation would not be in anyone's best interests.

Just my view of course..

Wouldn't expect note-for-note on the guitar lead either - but the piece has a dynamite sequence and great struture buildng perfectly to a climax.

I'm sure Bernhard would have to do it his own way - only right n years on.

I reckon it'd be an unforgetable 7'21'' however faithfull to the original
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

redziller wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote: We've waited a long, long time to hear this live. The 40th anniversary celebrations, would be the ideal opportunity.
Would be difficult to achieve since it used a half-speed guitar for the solo but I wouldn't mind hearing Bernhard have a go at it.
DSJR wrote: Bearing in mind Edgar had moved on from this record over twenty five years ago, wouldn't it be better to ecourage more freeform live playing rather than re-hashes of what went before?

Just my view of course..

Wouldn't expect note-for-note on the guitar lead either - but the piece has a dynamite sequence and great struture buildng perfectly to a climax.

I'm sure Bernhard would have to do it his own way - only right n years on.

I reckon it'd be an unforgetable 7'21'' however faithfull to the original
I agree Peter,it would be great to see this played live,im sure that Bernhard is more than capable of doing a great job on the guitar...Come on TD lets give it a go,im sure whatever version it is it will be happily received :idea:
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

I remember being 17 and hearing FM for the first time when I borrowed it on old cassette from my local libary and being totally blowed away by it. It was the album that finally made me fall head over heals in love with tangerine dream. Their best album ever!!!!!!
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Froesesque wrote:I remember being 17 and hearing FM for the first time when I borrowed it on old cassette from my local libary and being totally blowed away by it. It was the album that finally made me fall head over heals in love with tangerine dream. Their best album ever!!!!!!
THE best album ever ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Pertou wrote:
Froesesque wrote:I remember being 17 and hearing FM for the first time when I borrowed it on old cassette from my local libary and being totally blowed away by it. It was the album that finally made me fall head over heals in love with tangerine dream. Their best album ever!!!!!!
THE best album ever ;)

worth a discussion :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Pertou

Post by Pertou »

bigmoog wrote:
Pertou wrote:
THE best album ever ;)

Why? I don't go into discussions when you claim that Zeit is the best ever! :)
(It's not even in my top 30 of official releases!) I can't convert you!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

conversion?

Im not running on natural gas :P :wink:

besides, FM is totally beyond my capacity to critique as I love it

Zeit imho, is the greatest recording of any type, but not the greatest TD record :o :o

BM is on repeat :arrow:
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

bigmoog wrote:conversion?

Im not running on natural gas :P :wink:

besides, FM is totally beyond my capacity to critique as I love it

Zeit imho, is the greatest recording of any type, but not the greatest TD record :o :o

BM is on repeat :arrow:
Get well soon BM!!! :lol:

TD of this period (give or take ten years or so :D ) are just so AWSOME it's impossible to say that one record is better than another.

It just depends on your mood....... So there!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I am not really a fan of "prog rock" and I would say this album falls into that genre. but actually I really like this one, one of my faves in fact.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

well....'prog'.........

I suppose, Cyclone and to a lesser extent FM, do have proggy elements, ie on Cyclone: strange elvish vocals, on FM: convoluted, intricate instrumentation etc...but I have taken issue with reviewers and fans over the years who describe these LPs as TD's prog 'era'....it does these recordings a disservice in my view. Its interesting for me, that many Tang records, sort of come in stylistic blocks...... ie, Phaedra/Rubycon.......Cyclone/FM...... HyperBorea/White Eagle...etc

FM, strangely has..er, like the vast majority of TD music, become a living classic.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

DSJR wrote:Bearing in mind Edgar had moved on from this record over twenty five years ago, wouldn't it be better to ecourage more freeform live playing rather than re-hashes of what went before?

Just my view of course..
I tend to agree. I'm not a great one for the "Greatest Hits Package" and much prefer to hear TD playing something new, as they did so well in Frankfurt.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
Pertou wrote: THE best album ever ;)

Why? I don't go into discussions when you claim that Zeit is the best ever! :)
(It's not even in my top 30 of official releases!) I can't convert you!
ouch....let's go there!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote:well....'prog'.........

I suppose, Cyclone and to a lesser extent FM, do have proggy elements, ie on Cyclone: strange elvish vocals, on FM: convoluted, intricate instrumentation etc...but I have taken issue with reviewers and fans over the years who describe these LPs as TD's prog 'era'....it does these recordings a disservice in my view. Its interesting for me, that many Tang records, sort of come in stylistic blocks...... ie, Phaedra/Rubycon.......Cyclone/FM...... HyperBorea/White Eagle...etc

FM, strangely has..er, like the vast majority of TD music, become a living classic.
Never really fully understood the term Prog. There's so much stuff lumped under that catagory, much of it very Retro IMO, which seems to be contradictory.