Tangram

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by hansx »

JD wrote:
hansx wrote:
JD wrote: Yeah thats very true because albums like Le-Parc and Exit seem timeless ...but White Eagle is quite dated in comparison too (not the title track)
Yep, but Tangram is also timeless, concerning to me. have to be, if you play something frequently after so many years.
Yes thats true but I meant timeless in the sense that it could have been produced this year, or recently and nobody would question it or say its dated.
Hmm, Edgar could put a filter on it, tangentize or whatever and it is from this year. :roll:
JD

Post by JD »

hansx wrote:
JD wrote:
hansx wrote: Yep, but Tangram is also timeless, concerning to me. have to be, if you play something frequently after so many years.
Yes thats true but I meant timeless in the sense that it could have been produced this year, or recently and nobody would question it or say its dated.
Hmm, Edgar could put a filter on it, tangentize or whatever and it is from this year. :roll:
depends who's listening :)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

Last night I was in the intercity bus, travelling back to my homecity (Athens)
and I had for one time again, 'Tangram' playing. While travelling in the dark with TD's music as company, I was thinking (in almost wet eyes) that, apart from fame, money, luxury etc, the biggest happiness for one musician could be that he touched the people souls and hearts with the music he made.
Edgar Froese (and the others in the group or not) is one of the few happy, blessed people achived that.

'Tangram' is one of these pieces of music, full of intense mixed emotions, almost in classical music scale.

God bless TD
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

the thing about Tangram, is that its another classic TD album in that its music reflects its cover art and inner sleeve.....warm yet chilly, enigmatic yet familiar....Tangram................
...The wise.....are silent.....
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

A delightful album, particularly Part 1. TD was at the top of their game at that period of their career. I still listen to it every once in a while.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
hansx

Post by hansx »

Maybe it should be nice to play the whole part one or two on a concert for once. TD plays a lot of old work these days, but mostly fragments. Think they do a lot of fans a great pleasure with playing part 1 fully.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:Maybe it should be nice to play the whole part one or two on a concert for once. TD plays a lot of old work these days, but mostly fragments. Think they do a lot of fans a great pleasure with playing part 1 fully.
I'd be more than happy to listen to that. :D
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Just started to listen to Tangram after a very intensive period listening to Rubycon/Ricochet. Another great record I particularly like the patoral feel to Pt 1. It amazes me how much musical variety is packed into a disc under 40 minutes. Can see I am going to be listening to this disc for a long, long time. Classic.
"Sydney till I Die"
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

hansx wrote:Maybe it should be nice to play the whole part one or two on a concert for once. TD plays a lot of old work these days, but mostly fragments. Think they do a lot of fans a great pleasure with playing part 1 fully.
Dont think we would get it but i for one would have no complaints if we did......wonderful music 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
hansx

Post by hansx »

SydneyFC wrote:Just started to listen to Tangram after a very intensive period listening to Rubycon/Ricochet. Another great record I particularly like the patoral feel to Pt 1. It amazes me how much musical variety is packed into a disc under 40 minutes. Can see I am going to be listening to this disc for a long, long time. Classic.
yep, indeed. I think it belongs to a selective range of instrumental albums like Tubelar Bells, Oxygenne, The Snowgoose andsome others.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Tangram was my first TD album and my favourite. Like the title suggests the album is like a Chinese puzzle filled with so many different styles and sounds.

Whilst it is my most played CD I prefer to listen to it during calm periods of reflection, to avoid spoiling the experience. It's not an album for listening to on the way to work, for example.
24db

Post by 24db »

top record...even sad grizzlies agree (sometimes ;))
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:top record...even sad grizzlies agree (sometimes ;))
This is one of the albums i'd like released in the mini replica sleeves 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

epsilon75 wrote:
I'd buy all the virgin years on mini LP replicas as I love owning CD's in that packaging.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
My original Tangram LP had a funny plastic inner sleeve, as well as the paper sleeve with the snow photos on, I'd be interested to see if they replicated that.