Downloading the Dream

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

Schulze wrote:
alipaul wrote:I love this idea hopefully if TD play in Japan next year this will be available for download
I think that's a given......

That's one of the things i really like about TD right now.....

They can release what they want, when they want, and how they want..... and without any interference from a big record label.... cos they have their own label in Eastgate.

Many of the live DVD's have become available literally weeks after the performance. Imagine if they were signed to EMI or Sony, or still with Virgin...... we'd be waiting years for these releases.....
Yes TD are finally masters of their own destiny and releasing exactly what they want..... which strangley is exactly what I want. I, for one, ain't complaining. It's nice not having a guy in a suit decide what I can listen to.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

The thing that puts me off downloading is the fact I'm not sure how to go about it :oops: I wouldn't like to pay cash then find I can't burn any music. I did mange to get the Radiohead album downloaded pretty smoothly but that only cost ten pence. :roll:
exit81

Post by exit81 »

The only problem with downloading TD is when they have a live concert for download. If you want to burn the mp3's to CD, you'll end up with a tiny jump between tracks, even if you select '0' seconds as the gap between the tracks. This tiny gap is just that...a gap caused when the mp3 file doesn't end exactly on one of the 1/75th second block boundaries. When it does this, the remaining blocks are filled with 0's, creating a gap. You can actually see this gap by converting the mp3 to Wav, opening the Wav in something like wavelab, and zooming in to the end of the file. You'll see a gap between the end of the audio signal and the end of the file.

The best way of overcoming this is to convert all the mp3's to Wav, and using some multi-track audio software, slightly overlap the tracks by a tiny fraction, and cross-fade them together. Then save it as one long audio file. You'll have to create new index points in the finished file. Nero seems to do a good job of this.

I've done this countless times and it works well. It takes a while but it's worth it. You end up with no gaps OR jumps between the tracks, and all nicely indexed if you did it right!
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

The gap between tracks in an unbroken piece of music is a really big annoyance for me too. To TD's defence (and without downloading Orange Odyssey myself), it seems they made more tracks in one file, which I think is wise. I wonder if TD will do the same with the ONIS download. I hope so. (whenever the download appears).

And yes Chris, I do also make one wav file out the mp3's and then remove the annoying breaks (in Nero Wave Editor) and burn a cdr.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

exit81 wrote:The only problem with downloading TD is when they have a live concert for download. If you want to burn the mp3's to CD, you'll end up with a tiny jump between tracks, even if you select '0' seconds as the gap between the tracks. This tiny gap is just that...a gap caused when the mp3 file doesn't end exactly on one of the 1/75th second block boundaries. When it does this, the remaining blocks are filled with 0's, creating a gap. You can actually see this gap by converting the mp3 to Wav, opening the Wav in something like wavelab, and zooming in to the end of the file. You'll see a gap between the end of the audio signal and the end of the file.

The best way of overcoming this is to convert all the mp3's to Wav, and using some multi-track audio software, slightly overlap the tracks by a tiny fraction, and cross-fade them together. Then save it as one long audio file. You'll have to create new index points in the finished file. Nero seems to do a good job of this.

I've done this countless times and it works well. It takes a while but it's worth it. You end up with no gaps OR jumps between the tracks, and all nicely indexed if you did it right!
This sounds a little to complicated for me :oops: but will have to give it a go :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
exit81

Post by exit81 »

It would be a better idea for TD to release the concert for download as two long mp3's (set 1 and set2/encores) and allow us to create our own index points. Perhaps the download could include a simple text document, listing where the index points should go. This would elliminate the gap problem altogether, and would mean a lot less work for those wanting to do all the editing I described above!!
24db

Post by 24db »

exit81 wrote:It would be a better idea for TD to release the concert for download as two long mp3's (set 1 and set2/encores) and allow us to create our own index points. Perhaps the download could include a simple text document, listing where the index points should go. This would elliminate the gap problem altogether, and would mean a lot less work for those wanting to do all the editing I described above!!
weren't TD going to add a download soon? ;) still waiting
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

If they promised im sure we will get it very soon...........
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

I'm enjoy to download in the next days the show from frankfurt, but don't you think that a real cd live would be better (or a box with dvd an cd (as mfd ,live in america or luminous visions))?

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

la sagesse du destin wrote:I'm enjoy to download in the next days the show from frankfurt, but don't you think that a real cd live would be better (or a box with dvd an cd (as mfd ,live in america or luminous visions))?

Charles
Great idea Charles :idea: 8) although i think the FF download is a great idea for people who live afar and have to wait an age for the post to arrive........i suppose its down to personal preference and its good to see TD giving fans the download option,a lot of band sites just dont do that :arrow:
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:
la sagesse du destin wrote:I'm enjoy to download in the next days the show from frankfurt, but don't you think that a real cd live would be better (or a box with dvd an cd (as mfd ,live in america or luminous visions))?

Charles
Great idea Charles :idea: 8) although i think the FF download is a great idea for people who live afar and have to wait an age for the post to arrive........i suppose its down to personal preference and its good to see TD giving fans the download option,a lot of band sites just dont do that :arrow:
No, they don't, but some of them do. The Allmans Brothers are doing it in an other way. The make a cd from every concert and release them. For the fans this is great, however it cost you a fortune if you want them all. Genesis and Peter Gabriel did the same with the latest tour.
Legal downloading them is something else, I don't know if other bands do the same. But it is only with the sound not with the movie. That is a complete other matter. Suppose it cost to much bandwith for them to support that.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

My problem with downloading is that several tracks I have on iTunes I am unable to access, as my pc cannot locate the original files. Therefore, the only way I can access these tracks, is to download them again. :(

I still prefer to have the physical cd.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Hobo wrote:My problem with downloading is that several tracks I have on iTunes I am unable to access, as my pc cannot locate the original files. Therefore, the only way I can access these tracks, is to download them again. :(
CLick the Start menu.
Click the folder called documents
Open the folder called Music
Open the iTunes folder
Open the iTunes Music folder

The path should look something like

C:\Documents and Settings\Mick\Documents\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Pertou wrote:
Hobo wrote:My problem with downloading is that several tracks I have on iTunes I am unable to access, as my pc cannot locate the original files. Therefore, the only way I can access these tracks, is to download them again. :(
CLick the Start menu.
Click the folder called documents
Open the folder called Music
Open the iTunes folder
Open the iTunes Music folder

The path should look something like

C:\Documents and Settings\Mick\Documents\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music
No longer there Jacob. All that remains is the title in the iTunes library. Thanks for your help anyway.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

OK so I've downloaded the Dream and am very happy. :D
So how do I get a good quality CD cover?
I've got a fairly decent ink-jet printer but suspect the quality won't be good enough. Any suggestions?