Tangram

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:top record...even sad grizzlies agree (sometimes ;))
This is one of the albums i'd like released in the mini replica sleeves 8)
I'd buy all the virgin years on mini LP replicas as I love owning CD's in that packaging.
Ive the same preference John,its a shame they were not marketed in the replica sleeves from the start.........the Japanese replica's are stunning items IMHO 8)
Last edited by epsilon75 on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:top record...even sad grizzlies agree (sometimes ;))
This is one of the albums i'd like released in the mini replica sleeves 8)
My original Tangram LP had a funny plastic inner sleeve, as well as the paper sleeve with the snow photos on, I'd be interested to see if they replicated that.
the Japanese Colour Tangram insert was even nicer :)
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:
sparrow wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: This is one of the albums i'd like released in the mini replica sleeves 8)
I'd buy all the virgin years on mini LP replicas as I love owning CD's in that packaging.
Ive the same preference John,its a shame they were not marketed in the replica sleeves from the start.........the Japanese replica's are stunning items IMHO 8)
No lp's for me. I hate the turnaround of them. But a Japanese remaster would be very fine. Usually they are high top productions.
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

'Tangram' is my favourite TD album, but I refuse to buy the so called 'Definitive Edition' CD until Virgin start manufacturing it properly with Johannes Schmoelling credited instead of Peter Baumann.

It's been 13 years since the error riddled 'Definitive Edition' series was released and Virgin appear to show no interest in correcting the errors.
It shows a lack of respect to Schmoelling, TD and their fans. I'm sure that if EMI had released a Pink Floyd album with a wrong band line up credited or calling a studio album 'live', it'd be off the shelves within days.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I agree with this Peter, lets hope that any future re issue is properly mastered and without errors

while Tangram is not my favourite TD album, IMHO, it is a very seamless and complete piece of music
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Peter Beasley wrote:'Tangram' is my favourite TD album, but I refuse to buy the so called 'Definitive Edition' CD until Virgin start manufacturing it properly with Johannes Schmoelling credited instead of Peter Baumann.

It's been 13 years since the error riddled 'Definitive Edition' series was released and Virgin appear to show no interest in correcting the errors.
It shows a lack of respect to Schmoelling, TD and their fans. I'm sure that if EMI had released a Pink Floyd album with a wrong band line up credited or calling a studio album 'live', it'd be off the shelves within days.
I agree Peter,its shows a certain lack of respect to the band themselves :oops: the Thief and Exit CDs also credit PB :? and as you say if it were Pink Floyd it would be sorted pronto :roll:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

epsilon75 wrote:
Peter Beasley wrote:'Tangram' is my favourite TD album, but I refuse to buy the so called 'Definitive Edition' CD until Virgin start manufacturing it properly with Johannes Schmoelling credited instead of Peter Baumann.

I agree Peter,its shows a certain lack of respect to the band themselves :oops: the Thief and Exit CDs also credit PB :? and as you say if it were Pink Floyd it would be sorted pronto :roll:
I agree, but I don't think a typo would warrant a full-blown recall.
What they would do is sell off the pressing, then correct it moving forward. And if I'm correct, does that mean they're still working of the first batch? I hope I'm wrong. :shock:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Tangram is my favourite too. I've got a copy of the Definitive Edition CD but only because I'd worn out my old copy and I got it cheap.