One Night In Space Download

SydneyFC
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by SydneyFC »

I've been listening to this mp3 endlessly and I'm getting no distortion at all. I have been playing it loud. In fact the louder I play it the better it sounds. I played it for about the 20th time this morning and the thought crossed my mind "this mp3 sounds sensationally good" :D
"Sydney till I Die"
24db

Post by 24db »

One Night In Space and the Camel track (;)) are still the highlights of the gig and the download for me...brilliant stuff...can't wait for the DVD
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

The more I listen to it the more great tracks I'm hearing. The mark of a great disc. 8)
"Sydney till I Die"
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I'm totally in love with this download. In knew it was a great show at the time but this simply confirms it. It's no wonder the mighty TD were in such good spirit at the after show bash.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

agreed

there is/was something wonderful about the Frankfurt gig......a classic concert, musically very potent and meaningful. For me, the best gig I have attended for years...easily the best and not just because of the after gig fun......for some reason the whole show meant a great deal........
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bigmoog wrote:agreed

there is/was something wonderful about the Frankfurt gig......a classic concert, musically very potent and meaningful. For me, the best gig I have attended for years...easily the best and not just because of the after gig fun......for some reason the whole show meant a great deal........
Are you sure it wasn't because I wasn't there? :(
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Hobo wrote:

mick, we all missed you and other fans that couldnt make the gig......and as far as Im concerned it was musically far superior to Asstoria.......... :arrow:

but MFD is still a classic record tho'...imho
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bigmoog wrote:
Hobo wrote:

mick, we all missed you and other fans that couldnt make the gig......and as far as Im concerned it was musically far superior to Asstoria.......... :arrow:

but MFD is still a classic record tho'...imho
I don't think anyone would argue the Astoria gig was better, but it was the only one I could attend. Still, one TD gig is better than none. There are those that haven't been able to see them for many years, so I count myself lucky
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

I would love to see them live. When did they last tour Australia by the way? I wonder if they will ever tour downunder again. In the meantime I will have to imagine what One Night in Space might sound like in the Sydney Opera House.
"Sydney till I Die"
24db

Post by 24db »

SydneyFC wrote:I would love to see them live. When did they last tour Australia by the way? I wonder if they will ever tour downunder again. In the meantime I will have to imagine what One Night in Space might sound like in the Sydney Opera House.
1982 mate :( there have been plans for TD to play OZ again, but due to one thing or another they never did. They also tried to emigrate to Australia in 1982, but your Government (at the time) stopped it, as TD had played an anti nuclear gig in Germany a while earlier.

Before that it was 1975:

13 March Melbourne Dallas Brooks Hall
16 March Sydney Hordern Pavilion
20 March Brisbane Queensland University
21 March Sydney University of New South Wales
22 March Melbourne Dallas Brooks Hall
23 March Canberra Lakeside Hotel
24 March Melbourne Dallas Brooks Hall
25 March Adelaide Festival Theatre
26 March Perth Winthrop Hall University
27 March Perth Winthrop Hall University
hansx

Post by hansx »

The more I read these comments the more curious I am about this dvd. Is there anyboday who has received it yet? Or is it delayed?
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

hansx wrote:The more I read these comments the more curious I am about this dvd. Is there anyboday who has received it yet? Or is it delayed?
Hi hansx, I haven't ordered the DVD (yet), but it has the same release date (December 12) as One Time One and Booster, and those two haven't turned up here so far.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Michael66 wrote:
hansx wrote:The more I read these comments the more curious I am about this dvd. Is there anyboday who has received it yet? Or is it delayed?
Hi hansx, I haven't ordered the DVD (yet), but it has the same release date (December 12) as One Time One and Booster, and those two haven't turned up here so far.
I did order, but not at Eastgate. I did at Groove. Suppose they will receive it also after the 12th. And of course that will make it for me at a later date. No TD Christmas for me, I fear. :(
24db

Post by 24db »

SydneyFC wrote:I would love to see them live. When did they last tour Australia by the way? I wonder if they will ever tour downunder again. In the meantime I will have to imagine what One Night in Space might sound like in the Sydney Opera House.
http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... -tour.html

TD live in Sydney in 1982

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... art-2.html

Live in Adelaide (Thebarton Town Hall)

I wonder if they'll 'tour' anywhere again? and by that I mean more than a couple of gigs in one country...time will tell I guess
pb2rdf

Alte Oper mp3 recording

Post by pb2rdf »

While driving this week to and from my office and driving yesterday to and from Paris, concert of Jean Mochel Jarre, I could listen several times to the recording.
It's a 9 :!: on a scale from 1 to 10.
I would have liked it to hear this quality of sound during the concert.
Now my only wish is : When will I receive the DVD : I NEED TO WATCH IT :!:

grtz, Peter