One Night In Space Download

Froesesque
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Froesesque »

A great, great download and a great introduction: The Beatles yeterday quickly followed by Ayumi's butterflies from SIN - you can't get anymore profound than that!!!!

:wink: :wink:
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

24db wrote:
SydneyFC wrote:I would love to see them live. When did they last tour Australia by the way? I wonder if they will ever tour downunder again. In the meantime I will have to imagine what One Night in Space might sound like in the Sydney Opera House.
1982 mate :( there have been plans for TD to play OZ again, but due to one thing or another they never did. They also tried to emigrate to Australia in 1982, but your Government (at the time) stopped it, as TD had played an anti nuclear gig in Germany a while earlier.

Before that it was 1975:

13 March Melbourne Dallas Brooks Hall
16 March Sydney Hordern Pavilion
20 March Brisbane Queensland University
21 March Sydney University of New South Wales
22 March Melbourne Dallas Brooks Hall
23 March Canberra Lakeside Hotel
24 March Melbourne Dallas Brooks Hall
25 March Adelaide Festival Theatre
26 March Perth Winthrop Hall University
27 March Perth Winthrop Hall University
Thanks so much for that information. Emigrate to Australia! That is such an interesting piece of information and stopped because of playing an anti nuclear gig!!! :roll: Thankfully Australia has changed a little bit over the years. I'm just about to dl the Sydney '82 concert from emusic so looking forward to this. Once again thanks so much for the info plus the further links.
"Sydney till I Die"
24db

Post by 24db »

Sydney 82? brilliant ABC recording, one of TD's best, with a great 10+ suite of unreleased stuff.

TD also had several plans to play Purgatorio in Sydney with an orchestra...but it never happened. :(

There's a short clip of TD being interviewed on Australian TV in 1982 talking about their planned move to OZ, and the fact the government said no (they didn't say why during this...so I'm just going by a small news item in an magazine at the time).
TD also mentioned they wanted to setup some kind of music school for EM if they could have emigrated
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

That clip would be very interesting. Must admit I am loving all the live TD stuff that I can get at the moment. Got Montreal a little while ago which is great and just finished getting Aachen...this one just might be my favourite..it is the real deal .Sydney and then Paris '82 to follow shortly.
"Sydney till I Die"
24db

Post by 24db »

SydneyFC wrote:That clip would be very interesting. Must admit I am loving all the live TD stuff that I can get at the moment. Got Montreal a little while ago which is great and just finished getting Aachen...this one just might be my favourite..it is the real deal .Sydney and then Paris '82 to follow shortly.
can you hear them getting into the gorilla suits in Aachen? I'm not kidding either, one of the weirder gigs TD played
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Not sure I can hear that but I'll have a closer listen. I suppose it occurs towards the end somewhere. :lol:
"Sydney till I Die"
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

SydneyFC wrote:That clip would be very interesting. Must admit I am loving all the live TD stuff that I can get at the moment. Got Montreal a little while ago which is great and just finished getting Aachen...this one just might be my favourite..it is the real deal .Sydney and then Paris '82 to follow shortly.
I love the Sydney show 8) well worth the purchase 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

24db wrote:
can you hear them getting into the gorilla suits in Aachen? I'm not kidding either, one of the weirder gigs TD played
Just had a good listen to the Aachen show last night. At the end of "Chorozon" you can hear someone from the audience (?) yelling out "monkey, monkey". The band must be suited up.
"Sydney till I Die"
24db

Post by 24db »

SydneyFC wrote:
24db wrote:
Just had a good listen to the Aachen show last night. At the end of "Chorozon" you can hear someone from the audience (?) yelling out "monkey, monkey". The band must be suited up.
lol...I should scan the photo of the group, fully kitted up...one day :)
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

That would be a good laugh :)
"Sydney till I Die"
24db

Post by 24db »

SydneyFC wrote:That would be a good laugh :)
it's one of many in one of the booklets for a TD boxset...I forget which one, rumour had to TD walked off stage leaving everything playing...returned dressed as gorillas...and Chris had his mask on upside down.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
it's one of many in one of the booklets for a TD boxset...I forget which one, rumour had to TD walked off stage leaving everything playing...returned dressed as gorillas...and Chris had his mask on upside down.
There is a photo in i-Box, with TD without the masks, but only the suits.

Here are some photos, before it all went bananas.
http://www.arm.ac.uk/~ath/music/td/aachen/tdac.html
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

The show must go on...probably in the rush to give an encore.
"Sydney till I Die"
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
There is a photo in i-Box, with TD without the masks, but only the suits.

Here are some photos, before it all went bananas.
http://www.arm.ac.uk/~ath/music/td/aachen/tdac.html
cheers Jacob, couldn't be arsed checking which boxset ;)
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Very cool photos. Is it you pertou calling out monkey...monkey?
"Sydney till I Die"