LE PARC

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

LE PARC

Post by Pertou »

... My big sister (soon turning 27) just ADORES Le Parc. She's always very interested when a new musical trend hits my radar, but usually she pokes fun of whatever I listen to, if it's not pop enough.

She even recognized Lady Monk as Zen Garden, when I played her and my mother the ONIS download... Her iTunes says six plays of Le Parc, but she says she has played it much more, even thrice in a row! (I don't think I've ever had)

What is about LE PARC, that is so special? I can only think of another album with the same appeal... Madcap's Flaming Duty!?!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I like Le Parc but it was something of a departure for TD with all short songs.
24db

Post by 24db »

worked far better live for me in 1986, although I don't think it's a bad album though, infact some of the tracks are brilliant
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:worked far better live for me in 1986, although I don't think it's a bad album though, infact some of the tracks are brilliant
Trust me, they still work today!
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:worked far better live for me in 1986, although I don't think it's a bad album though, infact some of the tracks are brilliant
Edgar, are you reading this? ;)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
My sister even said that EF on the MFD shirt looked like Kiefer Southerland :oops: :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote: Trust me, they still work today!
My sister even said that EF on the MFD shirt looked like Kiefer Southerland :oops: :D
guys she didn't have her glasses on? :lol:
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

Edgar Froese as Jack Bauer? The mind boggles! Maybe EF should compose the score to the next season of 24. (dink-BOOM, dink-BOOM, dink-BOOM ...!) :D
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

Le Parc has always been an interesting album

Martin C strong described it as "brilliant" in "The Great Rock Discography" but strangely gave it 5/10 as a rating !

Stand out tracks for me are Tiergarten, Hyde Park and Le Parc.

Hopefully Clare Torry got paid for her vocals and didnt need to sue Edgar as she did with Pink Floyd for the Great Gig in the Sky
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

My first post–gotta start somewhere i suppose.

Originally bought Le Park on vinyl at an electronica back in 1980 or thereabouts but also downloaded it just a few weeks ago to my Ipod and I could swear at least one track 'Hydepark' has been reworked. It sounds more finished than the original I remember. Does anyone know if this is the case or is it just my old grey matter playing tricks?
timer

Post by timer »

Mac cuber transfer wrote:My first post–gotta start somewhere i suppose.

Originally bought Le Park on vinyl at an electronica back in 1980 or thereabouts but also downloaded it just a few weeks ago to my Ipod and I could swear at least one track 'Hydepark' has been reworked. It sounds more finished than the original I remember. Does anyone know if this is the case or is it just my old grey matter playing tricks?
Welcome to the forum Mac cuber transfer 8)
Froesesque

Re: LE PARC

Post by Froesesque »

Pertou wrote:... My big sister (soon turning 27) just ADORES Le Parc. She's always very interested when a new musical trend hits my radar, but usually she pokes fun of whatever I listen to, if it's not pop enough.

She even recognized Lady Monk as Zen Garden, when I played her and my mother the ONIS download... Her iTunes says six plays of Le Parc, but she says she has played it much more, even thrice in a row! (I don't think I've ever had)

What is about LE PARC, that is so special? I can only think of another album with the same appeal... Madcap's Flaming Duty!?!
Blimey, has TD got one of it's first female fans. Crikey 'o' reiley never thought I'd ever see the day

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Mac cuber transfer wrote:My first post–gotta start somewhere i suppose.

Simple :)

You had an LP, now you're hearing it properly without distortion (aoart from the MP3 mangling...)
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

Thanks timer

Good to be here
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I remember buying the Streethawk 12" way back on it's release, and hating the version on there. i wanted a version in keeping with the series theme. So, I never bought Le Parc.

Years later, i kicked myself when I finally bought the Sanctuary remaster, as the album version is very good and in keeping with the series theme. :lol: